Dhamra style Confluence on Eden based ATV2 Build?
My current project is rolling out ATV2 boxes around the house to replace the mish-mash of current playback devices (WDTV Live, CinemaTube, Revo + 9.11, networked Blu-Ray player) and the associated mish-mash of user-interfaces. In my Home Theater I'm running a PC with 10.1 which still has the traditional version of Confluence with the vertical menu on the left side of the screen.

When I did my first ATV2 setup over the weekend I did Jailbreak using GreenPoison and then installed XBMC using nittoTV. Everything went well and I was a little surprised at how easy the whole process was. 720p h.264 MKV playback was even buffer-free over a 802.11g network, though I'll b upgrading to an N router sometime soon.

The only problem, and a very minor one at that, is the version of XBMC installed from nittoTV seems to be based on Eden (June 23 build date) and its version of Confluence has the newer horizontal home screen layout (more like Aeon than classic Confluence).

Since I have everything working well on the ATV2, I'd really like to avoid a re-install. I also haven't had to break out SSH yet and would prefer avoiding that until I get to the point of setting up MySQL. Is it possible to keep my XBMC install but go back to the older style vertical Confluence homescreen? Can the old style Confluence skin be downloaded through add-ons? If not, is Pre-11 stable enough to run on my main HTPC in the theater?

My main goal is consistency in the UI for the sake of the wife. It’s hard enough getting her to change once she’s used to how something works, even if the change means easier. If none of the above options are easily workable, it's not a huge deal since the rest of the house will be migrated to ATV2 XBMC, leaving the HTPC in the theater as the only device running the older vertical homescreen, and I'm the only one who ever uses it anyway.
Have a look here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=102558

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dhamra style Confluence on Eden based ATV2 Build?0