• 1(current)
TubeToTV - Chrome Extension
Hi guys,

I made an extension that sends a youtube video to the XBMC with a click of a button. Useful while using a laptop to show all the good stuff from youtube in the big screen.

That's what I came up with: TubeToTV

I thought you guys would like to try it.

Cheers

--------------------------
- Feature: send links directly from the Youtube Search site
- Feature: Added the possibility to name your buttons (eg. "Living Room" or "Cinema")

- Feature: Add to playlist button (just click on the '+' to add it to your current playlist)
- Notifications: Visual feedback if the video has been added

- update for future chrome versions
- Update to work with the latest nightlys (06/07/12)

- fixed a rare issue where the extension won't work with XBMC
- cosmetic stuff

- update to work with Eden RC2

- fixed a layout issue

- compatible with the HTTPS version of Youtube

- update for the youtube layout change (Thanks to kasperh)

- fixed a bug where not every Youtube video was playing correctly (Thanks to Anthony)
- fixed a layout issue

- compatible with recent nightly builds of XBMC
- added an option to select different buttons (new designs are welcome, Email me)
- use the 'Textbutton' only with the new youtube UI (http://www.youtube.com/cosmicpanda)
(doesn't look that great on the regular youtube yet)

- fixed an issue that prevented some videos from playing. Thanks to Anthony on that one. Smile

- better error catching if the XBMC configuration is not valid
- the button(s) will now indicate that the video is being transferred

- added ability to use more than one XBMC

- updated to work with the new youtube UI (http://www.youtube.com/cosmicpanda)

- added ability to change the port
- added ability to use a host name rather than an IP
- added ability to enter a username/pw

- initial release
Nice, works perfectly Smile

I'm a Chrome user, and this is really useful.

Something like this would be even more useful for me if I could also do this from my phone (Android) or iPad.

I know the browsers there don't offer the extensibility of Chrome on the desktop. Would it at all be possible to get something like this on those platforms maybe through the use of a bookmarklet or something?

Thanks for sharing Smile
Jeroen Wrote:Nice, works perfectly Smile

I'm a Chrome user, and this is really useful.

Something like this would be even more useful for me if I could also do this from my phone (Android) or iPad.

I know the browsers there don't offer the extensibility of Chrome on the desktop. Would it at all be possible to get something like this on those platforms maybe through the use of a bookmarklet or something?

Thanks for sharing Smile

Have you tried airplay on the ipad? I managed to get airplay running on my XBMC Live system and most videos work.
Love this idea! Unfortunately it's not working for me on Chrome 13.0.782.41 - Mac OS X 10.6.8

Pressing the TubeToTV button sends the video black in chrome. Any log file I can post up to find out more information?
I'd like the ability to add a Hostname rather than just an IP Address as mine does end to change sometimes on rebooting.

Also though, I too am having problems sending to the IP Address. Does it need the Port settings too? Youtube goes black, XBMC does nothing.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
Yeah.

ZeroConf and IPv6... no more memorizing crap.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
mortstar Wrote:Love this idea! Unfortunately it's not working for me on Chrome 13.0.782.41 - Mac OS X 10.6.8

Pressing the TubeToTV button sends the video black in chrome. Any log file I can post up to find out more information?
I'll try to get my head around it, haven't had a chance to test it on a Mac yet.

Quote:I'd like the ability to add a Hostname rather than just an IP Address as mine does end to change sometimes on rebooting.

Also though, I too am having problems sending to the IP Address. Does it need the Port settings too? Youtube goes black, XBMC does nothing.

Will check on a different solution than just entering the IP.
You only need to enter the IP, not the port and you need to enable "Allow of control of XBMC via HTTP" on your media center.

I must admit though that it is only working on the standard port "80".

That might be the cause of the issues after all, let me see if I can fix it rather soon than later, have to go to work first though. Wink
Yea, the ability to use a different port than the standard would be nice Smile
Ok, did change the requested things.

sandmac Wrote:Ok, did change the requested things.

I can't seem to find any port available?
hostname:port?
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
my only request would be to allow multiple instances of xbmc, since i'm sure many of us have more than one xbmc box running in our homes.
Will this be updated to work with YouTube's new UI? http://www.youtube.com/cosmicpanda
Great, I've been waiting for this, thanks!
You are right, it has to be written like:
Code:
127.0.0.1:8080
SANDMAC-PC:8080

I will look into the other request and see what I can do about it.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TubeToTV - Chrome Extension2