Chinavision RC with Harmony
Hi all,

I've ordered recently the Chinavision CVSB-983 (only for the IR receiver). It arrived yesterday I'm looking how to set it up my logitech harmony (555) to use the IR receiver + XBMC. Now I don't find any good topics about it, lots of 'receiver is crap' etc.

I also find contradicting topics:
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use Logitech Harmony Universal Remote Control without EventGhost
Here they say you have to add a 'MCE keyboard' to the logitech harmony software.

[LIVE] Cheap USB Receiver - What do i setup Harmony one as??
Recommend buying an other one because this one is crap:mad:

Harmony 880 will not work with Chinavision CVSB-983

I've tried to add the remote as the chinavision CVSB-983 and had to learn some extra buttons. But now a quick try in XBMC it didn't work.

Do I need to configure something in XBMC? Or in keyboard.xml"?

Anybody using the IR receiver in combination with the harmony and got it working? Please let me knowSmile
According to http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Contr...CE_remote:

It can be used with Logitech Harmony Remote Software by picking Computer>>Media Center PC>>Chinavasion>>CVSB-983

The rceiver emulates a keyboard, i.e. when you press a button on the Harmony the PC receives a keypress.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:According to http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Contr...CE_remote:

It can be used with Logitech Harmony Remote Software by picking Computer>>Media Center PC>>Chinavasion>>CVSB-983

The rceiver emulates a keyboard, i.e. when you press a button on the Harmony the PC receives a keypress.

JR

I'm also using the Chinavision IR receiver with a Logitech Harmony (620).
I setup my remote with the above mentioned configuration- Computer > Media center PC > Chinavision > CVSB-983

The problem is, only a few buttons are functional.
I can navigate up,down,left,right but there doesn't seem to be any mapping for "Enter", "Backspace" or "Esc" which make it impossible to select a menu item or back out of a current menu... Any thoughts or advice from someone who has setup a Logitech harmony with the Chinavision receiver?
ARCHA1C Wrote:Any thoughts or advice from someone who has setup a Logitech harmony with the Chinavision receiver?

Sorry if it sounds a bit trite, but the best advice is to throw away the Chinavision remote. If you want a cheap remote buy an ORtek VRC-1100 (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Contr...s#VRC-1100) or one of the many rebadged varients of this remote. If you can afford a bit more buy an eHome remote like the HP or Microsoft remotes.

JR
I don't have an account on the Wiki site, but as there is a link to this post, wanted to share some info I captured using ShowKey.exe

Code:
Button        KeyID            Mod    
Green        112 (0x70) - VK_F1    CtrlAlt        <f1 mod="ctrl,alt">Notification(Key, f1, 3)</f1>
Orange/Red    113 (0x71) - VK_F2    CtrlAlt        <f2 mod="ctrl,alt">Notification(Key, f2, 3)</f2>
Blue                114 (0x72) - VK_F3    CtrlAlt        <f3 mod="ctrl,alt">Notification(Key, f3, 3)</f3>
Yellow        115 (0x73) - VK_F4    CtrlAlt        <f4 mod="ctrl,alt">Notification(Key, f4, 3)</f4>

CLOSE        115 (0x73) - VK_F4    Alt                <f4 mod="alt">Notification(Key, f4, 3)</f4>
Folders        32 (0x20) -VK_SPACE            <space>Notification(Key, space, 3)</space>
MyPC        91 (0x5B) - VK_LWIN                    <leftwindows>Notification(Key, leftwindows, 3)</leftwindows>
Fullscreen            51 (0x33) -VK_3    Ctrl                    <three mod="ctrl">Notification(Key, three, 3)</three>
Email        180 (0xB4) - VK_LAUNCH_MAIL        <launch_mail>Notification(Key, launch_mail, 3)</launch_mail>
WWW        172 (0xAC) VK_BROWSER_HOME    <browser_home>Notification(Key, browser_home, 3)</browser_home

I guess this reciever doesn't support MCE IR keyboard presses, as my XBMC keyboard mappings were not getting recognized. Can do simple scroll/start/stop/etc. Not bad for $5.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chinavision RC with Harmony0