AppleTV2 4.3 Upgrade
I know this is a little off topic..

I'm running AppleTV2 4.2.1 with the seas0npass tethered jailbreak and the official build of XBMC from a few months ago. Everything has been pretty stable so I haven't felt the need to upgrade.

I've had the recent Netflix 111 error which apparently means I need to upgrade to iOS 4.3 (4.2.2 ATV)

I did originally save off my blobs using tiny umbrella.

Can someone give me a step by step on how I go about upgrading successfully to 4.3 please?

As far as I can remember I will have to:
1. Restore using my original blobs and iTunes
2. Install 4.3 from the AppleTV menu.
3. Jailbreak using the new untethered seas0nPass
4. Install XBMC again..

Is that correct or can I skip step 1? any links to tutorials or step by steps for all the above would be greatly appreciated!
Apologies if this is a jailbreak post btw, just saw Amet's guideline above...
If you're planning on using Seas0npass, just use that, no need for steps 1 and 2. Seas0npass will download, update and jailbreak to the latest 4.3. Then just install XBMC via SSH.
rirawin Wrote:If you're planning on using Seas0npass, just use that, no need for steps 1 and 2. Seas0npass will download, update and jailbreak to the latest 4.3. Then just install XBMC via SSH.

Thanks mate, that simplifies things a lot Smile
bnazza Wrote:I've had the recent Netflix 111 error which apparently means I need to upgrade to iOS 4.3 (4.2.2 ATV)

I did originally save off my blobs using tiny umbrella.

Can someone give me a step by step on how I go about upgrading successfully to 4.3 please?

As far as I can remember I will have to:
1. Restore using my original blobs and iTunes
2. Install 4.3 from the AppleTV menu.
3. Jailbreak using the new untethered seas0nPass
4. Install XBMC again..

Is that correct or can I skip step 1? any links to tutorials or step by steps for all the above would be greatly appreciated!

- You only need SHSH blobs to install an iOS build that Apple's no longer signing. Since you're installing the latest, i.e. iOS 4.3 (ATV2 4.2.2) they're not required.

- There's info in the Jailbreak FAQ on how to upgrade to the latest version... among other things.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV2 4.3 Upgrade0