• 2(current)
[WIP] skin.touched (touch screen skin currently iPad 4x3)
Great job!

I'be eagerly awaiting for that alpha-release. Smile
Probably being a muppet. But if this is on an ipad, do you ave to create an app for it?

For nstance i use soulmate which is good but the inteface is abit ropey, however it controls xbmc ok.

Or is it a skin whereby you have to watch the content on the ipad?
garyi Wrote:Probably being a muppet. But if this is on an ipad, do you ave to create an app for it?

For nstance i use soulmate which is good but the inteface is abit ropey, however it controls xbmc ok.

Or is it a skin whereby you have to watch the content on the ipad?

It is a skin for any touch device able to run XBMC. On screenshots it's an iPad running XBMC. You are in skin development section :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:It is a skin for any touch device able to run XBMC. On screenshots it's an iPad running XBMC. You are in skin development section :-)

Indeed it's not an application to control xbmc it is xbmc running on the ipad so all playback happens on the ipad I just hadn't skinned any of that yet so didn't show it
And here we go very much ahead of the "In a couple of weeks" schedule that I promised is the first Alpha release of the skin for people to test

Do not install or use this skin unless you have either touch screen or a mouse connected or you will lose navigation and have to manually change to another

Bare in mind that only the main things people would use in day to day use are done (and even then maybe not) if you plan on doing other things like setting up sources making play lists and other sort of things do it in confluence then switch back.

Nothing is final
* I don't really want to hear anything bad about Looks or bugs in things that are obviously not finished if you
* I do want to hear about usability issues in stuff that looks like I have skinned it

EXTRA STUFF

* Make sure you are using a iOS from here dated 11-Jul-2011 or newer [AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues older versions of XBMC will not work!

* Technically gestures should also work on windows 7 with a recent git master build of xbmc but its not tested so use at own risk

* LINUX IS NOT SUPPORTED. Linux does not have the gesture API hooked up yet so you wont be able to navigate around your media with a touch screen its currently iOS and windows 7 only

* I suggest adding this to your advancedsetting.xml and starting with a fresh userdata dir XBMC's default is 512 and a 256 will make your thumbs load much quicker when scrolling and they never get displayed that big int he skin anyway see here http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...umbsize.3E
PHP Code:
<thumbsize>256</thumbsize

And here is the link
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

So here are some screen shots of the stuff I have already done.
http://imageshack.us/g/171/screenshot000h.png/

And here is a really really bad quality video I made with a shitty 10 year old camera to show it actually being used so you get the idea of how it works. Trust me its much nicer in person
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmaFiQ5ysAg
very impressed, great job (using ipad 2).
just wanted to mention here that, while being smaller than your target screen size, this is very usable on an iPhone 4. As long as I'm paying attention I can hit every button I've come across so far without issue.
Works perfectly on Ipad2!!!
Thanks a lot.
Eric
Wow!

I was expecting something far less complete.
But this is great. Lots of functionality and all pretty quick and easy to use.
Compared to Confluence this is a delight to use.

(I'm testing on iPad 2)

Many thanks - looking forward to your updates.
moontan77 Wrote:very impressed, great job (using ipad 2).
Thanks should be smoother on the iPad as well I would hope I have the iPad 1 and I guess its better to make these things work decent on the lower one Smile
Ned Scott Wrote:just wanted to mention here that, while being smaller than your target screen size, this is very usable on an iPhone 4. As long as I'm paying attention I can hit every button I've come across so far without issue.
yeah that plus the iphone is more a 16x9 shape screen and although the skin will work ok on it I do plan on doing a proper widescreen version as well though maybe not for such a small display more tablet orientated
ewaterke Wrote:Works perfectly on Ipad2!!!
Thanks a lot.
Eric
yippe Smile

popcornmix Wrote:Wow!

I was expecting something far less complete.
But this is great. Lots of functionality and all pretty quick and easy to use.
Compared to Confluence this is a delight to use.

(I'm testing on iPad 2)

Many thanks - looking forward to your updates.
lol I try not to release stuff that's half done every single one of my skins I release is fully functional at the first time the users get it. This is the first time I have ever released a skin without it being 100% skinned. Thought I'd try another method to drum up support but since I only got 4 replies out of 83 downloads so far maybe I was wrong to do so and should just wait in the future

Anyway guys thanks for the great comments makes me want to do more knowing people find it useable in a day to day way
Jezz_X Wrote:Thought I'd try another method to drum up support but since I only got 4 replies out of 83 downloads so far maybe I was wrong to do so and should just wait in the future

No! In all honesty, I was playing around the whole evening yesterday, being so amazed at how beautiful and smooth the skin is, that I totally forgot about thanking you here Wink. Works great on my iPad 1, so far I didn't come across any bugs. Great work!
Thanks Mikesch I just realized I left the "Reload Skin" button visible in home, DOH! ah well wont hurt anyone just hope I remember to take it out next time Smile
First i 'd like to thank you for the good work you did, it is what all Xbmc ipad users were waiting for !
I would like to know if the smooth scroll we can see in the youtube video is implemented in this release ? And if it is how we can activate it ?
slyz Wrote:First i 'd like to thank you for the good work you did, it is what all Xbmc ipad users were waiting for !
I would like to know if the smooth scroll we can see in the youtube video is implemented in this release ? And if it is how we can activate it ?

The smooth scrolling (gestures) is part of the new XBMC iOS build I said you should use in the download post
Sorry, i've got a big problem with reading between the lines !
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] skin.touched (touch screen skin currently iPad 4x3)1