• 5(current)
Win One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC
(2012-07-14, 07:31)Hogman62 Wrote: Ok...figured out my problem with the script opening the drive drawers and not ripping the disc. It didn't like the two drives. I disconnected the internal DVD drive and only have the internal BD drive and it worked fine. Only question is this...it made a sub-folder for the movie with the folder name being the title of the movie. Is there a way to not do that and just put the MKV file in the folder specified without making a sub folder and putting it there? Thanks again for any help.

If you have the latest version of the script there is a spot to change the drive letter to the drive you want to rip from. If you have an older version it tries to detect which drive has a disc in it, but this caused confusion as you may have disc's in both drives at once and only want to rip from one, so I changed it to specify a drive letter.

Make sure at the top of the .bat file you have your drive letter specified and that is the only drive you use (and you don't change drive letters).

As to not having a sub-folder with the movie name, you can do this, but XBMC prefers to have folder names when scraping to dump the fanart to etc.

Go into the .bat file and look for these lines:

Code:
mkdir "%RipDir%%volid%"

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
OSDAutoRip.hta

cd /d "%IntDir%"
makemkvcon64.exe --minlength=%RipMinSeconds% mkv disc:0 all "%RipDir%%volid%"

SET _tmpPath="%RipDir%%volid%"
cd /d %_tmpPath%
for %%i in ("title*.mkv") do (set fname=%%i) & call :rename

Carefully delete the %volid% from each of these lines and only these lines, save and give it a shot. Do not delete the quotes or create spaces etc.

%volid% is a place holder for the movie name

let me know how it goes
(2012-07-14, 04:06)sdfid Wrote: If a moderator could move this thread to the Tips and Tricks thread, it's probably more suited to be there.

Sonnenbrillen Herren

It's not in tips and tricksHuh hmmm
Also, I have not forgotten about handbrake compression... let's just say I figured it all out, with a working copy while pounding beers and forgot to save (or saved to some random place to never be seen again), so it's coming.... SOON!
Spinalcrack, thanks for the quick reply. I tried everything last night with the drives opening and nothing would solve it until I took the DVD drive out of the mix and used only the BD drive. Not a big deal once I got that because I'll be building a new HTPC only rig which will only have the BD drive in it anyway.

As far as the sub-folder thing. I didn't know XBMC liked it that way better. We'll just leave it like that then! Basically what I'm trying to accomplish is to have a "no brainer" movie only server set up for an older, non techie (at all) person to be able to buy their new bluray movie, add it to their collection and then browse and play from their collection without having to understand how any of it works. Your script was a huge step in making this happen. I want the highest possible quality so don't plan on compressing the mkv file anyway. Now If I can just find a skin to use that I can have more specific to just movies (and probably weather) and not have the other items cluttering the main menu. Again...to make it a no-brainer movie only server for an easily confused non-tech person.
(2012-07-14, 15:40)Hogman62 Wrote: Spinalcrack, thanks for the quick reply. I tried everything last night with the drives opening and nothing would solve it until I took the DVD drive out of the mix and used only the BD drive. Not a big deal once I got that because I'll be building a new HTPC only rig which will only have the BD drive in it anyway.

As far as the sub-folder thing. I didn't know XBMC liked it that way better. We'll just leave it like that then! Basically what I'm trying to accomplish is to have a "no brainer" movie only server set up for an older, non techie (at all) person to be able to buy their new bluray movie, add it to their collection and then browse and play from their collection without having to understand how any of it works. Your script was a huge step in making this happen. I want the highest possible quality so don't plan on compressing the mkv file anyway. Now If I can just find a skin to use that I can have more specific to just movies (and probably weather) and not have the other items cluttering the main menu. Again...to make it a no-brainer movie only server for an easily confused non-tech person.

Oh ok, perfect, then you should be set already. The way I would approach "uncluttering" the menu for your non-techie person is to enable masterlock and use a 4 digit pin. In the masterlock settings you can remove the menus you do not want to show when the system is locked, but at any time you can choose unlock, punch in the pin and they all come back. That way your non-techie friend won't have access to the settings, addon's you do not want them messing with etc. You can have just Movies and TV shows displaying, Music maybe, and nothing else.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...aster_lock

If you want to get even more advanced, there is a way to map a remote button to call up the masterlock unlock pin window from any screen. I know because I set that up for a friend that wanted to have his programs show when putting in a pin and not show the rest of the time so his kids wouldn't see R rated stuff. Worked super slick! But that's a whole other thread Smile

Oh and Transparency! is by far my favourite skin. Give it a shot. Good luck!
Been playing with Transparency now. I like it. Have the menu's down to a nice uncluttered just what is needed look without using the masterlock thing. Thanks for the advice. Now I'm working on getting the TV show rips to work correctly. Created another autoripdvd folder and edited the bat file for that with new destination and rip time. Ripped first disc of Alias season 1 and got the 3 episodes but it created a new folder instead of a sub folder of my destination in the bat file. (probably typed something wrong in there...lol) I manually fixed the names and folder and still can't get xbmc to add them correctly as a tv show and episodes. I'll have to do some more forum searching and reading. I basically want to end up with what it sounds like you're doing. No keyboard on htpc. I want it all integrated in to the home theater with a universal remote or iPad for controls. Thanks again!
AutoRipDVD now supports re-encoding for compression using Handbrake!!! Defaults to 720p x264 in a MKV container. Details on how to enable are in the first post. You will need to download and install the latest version of AutoRipDVD if you wish to use this feature. If you do not wish to use compression, you do not need to update. This was the only change.

Please read the first post for all the detail.
Spinalcrack, is it maybe just imposable to have a simple way of ripping TV show dvd's with one button like your script does for movies because of the variability in the dvd naming and xbmc's need for directory and file naming structure for TV show seasons? I have your script for movies in the favs...one button works great. Then one button to scan and update the library in the favs....works great. Another install and bat for the TV show rips. This rips fine but naming structure of directory\filename isn't working to import into xbmc. I'm ripping Alias season 1 discs. The rip creates a folder named "Alias Season 1" under my TV SHOWS folder. Then it named the files something like "alias season 1_01.mkv" etc. The next disc tries to do the same thing and then none of them are added when I refresh the database. It ends up putting them in with the movies with the wrong info even though I have that folder set to be TV Shows and use the TV scraper. I can manually rip, rename and add them but it won't work for the very non-techno person I'm trying set this up for. Maybe I should have him just use this as a movie only server??
(2012-07-15, 03:12)Hogman62 Wrote: Spinalcrack, is it maybe just imposable to have a simple way of ripping TV show dvd's with one button like your script does for movies because of the variability in the dvd naming and xbmc's need for directory and file naming structure for TV show seasons? I have your script for movies in the favs...one button works great. Then one button to scan and update the library in the favs....works great. Another install and bat for the TV show rips. This rips fine but naming structure of directory\filename isn't working to import into xbmc. I'm ripping Alias season 1 discs. The rip creates a folder named "Alias Season 1" under my TV SHOWS folder. Then it named the files something like "alias season 1_01.mkv" etc. The next disc tries to do the same thing and then none of them are added when I refresh the database. It ends up putting them in with the movies with the wrong info even though I have that folder set to be TV Shows and use the TV scraper. I can manually rip, rename and add them but it won't work for the very non-techno person I'm trying set this up for. Maybe I should have him just use this as a movie only server??

can you post or pm me your AutoRipDVD.bat file and I'll see if I can do anything to help
Hopefully I'm doing this right...

Code:
@Echo offSetlocal enableextensions
::*********************************************************************************************
::*** AutoRipDVD is brought to you by Spinalcracker
::*********************************************************************************************
::
::***  Change the following variables to match your setup
::*** DriveLetter=The drive letter of your DVD or Blu-Ray drive ie. D: or G: etc
::------------------------------
Set DriveLetter=E:
::*** RipDir=Where you want your DVD ripped to ie. your xbmc movie folder *BE SURE TO INCLUDE TRAILING \
Set RipDir=M:\Shared Videos\TV SHOWS\
::*** IntDir=Where you installed MakeMKV to
::----------------------------------------
Set IntDir=C:\Program Files\MakeMKV
::----------------------------------------
::*** ScriptPath=Where the files for this script are located with trailing "\" ie. Where AutoRipComplete.vbs & Beep.vbs are located *BE SURE TO INCLUDE TRAILING \
::------------------------------------
Set ScriptPath=C:\Program Files\AutoRipDVDTV\
::------------------------------------
::*** RipMinSeconds=Minimum time in seconds that should be ripped off disk to avoid getting previews etc.  Default is 3600 seconds or 1 hour
::---------------------
Set RipMinSeconds=600
::---------------------
::******* DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELOW THIS!!!!!!************************************************

::For /f %%# In ('Mountvol^|Findstr [d-z]:\\') Do (
::        Fsutil fsinfo drivetype %%#|Find "CD-ROM">Nul&&(Set "CDROM=%%~d#"))
::If Not Defined CDROM call :NoDrive

for /f "tokens=1-5*" %%1 in ('vol %DriveLetter%') do (
    set volid=%%6 & goto processcontd
)

:processcontd
set nospace=%volid%
echo [%nospace%]
echo.
for /f "tokens=* delims= " %%A in ('echo %nospace% ') do set nospace=%%A
set nospace=%nospace:~0,-1%
echo [%nospace%]
set volid=%nospace%
echo: %volid%

set str=%volid%
echo.%str%
set str=%str:_= %
echo.%str%
set volid=%str%
If "%volid%"=="_= " call :NoDrive

Echo:Ripping %volid% now...

mkdir "%RipDir%%volid%"

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
OSDAutoRip.hta

cd /d "%IntDir%"
makemkvcon.exe --minlength=%RipMinSeconds% mkv disc:0 all "%RipDir%%volid%"

cd /d %_tmpPath%
for %%i in ("title*.mkv") do (set fname=%%i) & call :rename

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
AutoRipComplete.vbs
cscript Beep.vbs
goto:eof

:NoDrive
cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
cscript Beep.vbs
NoDiskDrive.hta
AutoRipComplete.vbs
exit

:rename
::Cuts off 1st 5 characters of fname, then appends prefix
ren %fname% "%volid%"_%fname:~5%
(2012-07-15, 03:12)Hogman62 Wrote: Spinalcrack, is it maybe just imposable to have a simple way of ripping TV show dvd's with one button like your script does for movies because of the variability in the dvd naming and xbmc's need for directory and file naming structure for TV show seasons? I have your script for movies in the favs...one button works great. Then one button to scan and update the library in the favs....works great. Another install and bat for the TV show rips. This rips fine but naming structure of directory\filename isn't working to import into xbmc. I'm ripping Alias season 1 discs. The rip creates a folder named "Alias Season 1" under my TV SHOWS folder. Then it named the files something like "alias season 1_01.mkv" etc. The next disc tries to do the same thing and then none of them are added when I refresh the database. It ends up putting them in with the movies with the wrong info even though I have that folder set to be TV Shows and use the TV scraper. I can manually rip, rename and add them but it won't work for the very non-techno person I'm trying set this up for. Maybe I should have him just use this as a movie only server??

That's strange it would put it in with your movies. The AutoRipDVD.bat file you posted clearly shows you have it set to rip to a TV shows directory. Did you check after the rip that the files are actually going to that folder? I am wondering if your setup is correct but your second shortcut is pointing to the install setup for movies. I could see the scrapper maybe having trouble with the naming and getting the wrong info possibly, but that shouldn't cause it to show as a movie if the files are physically in a TV Show specified folder in XBMC

For that particular show, once ripped, you will have to go to Videos and Rename the folder to just Alias and then update and it should scrape, but not going to lie. TV shows are going to be difficult, because XBMC wants a structure like this

SHOW NAME
|_________ Season 1
| \_______ Show.filename.S01E01
| \_______Show.filename.S01E02
|
|_________ Season 2
\_______ Show.filename.S02E01
\_______Show.filename.S02E02

As the script can only get the naming from the volume label of the disc, the above is not easily accomplished without some tweaking after words.

What really needs to be done is have this re-written in python as an addon that would allow you to click some options prior to the rip. ie. Movie or TV Show? If TV Show, what Season? Name of Show? Then it could setup all the structure from information passed to the addon. Unfortunately that is a large project for me as I do not know python very well. Sorry Sad
Yeah...I figured that the TV shows would be a difficult thing because of the naming structure. No need to be sorry! I'm (and I'm sure plenty of others are) very thankful for what you've done. And I appreciate the time and help you've given me.
Hey Spinalcrack, what settings does your script use for MakeMKV? Does it pull all of the subtitles and audio formats?
(2012-07-26, 05:13)scl23enn4m3 Wrote: Hey Spinalcrack, what settings does your script use for MakeMKV? Does it pull all of the subtitles and audio formats?

Here's the code snippet in AutoRipDVD.bat (it's simply the command line for MakeMKV so you can change it to whatever you wish)

Code:
makemkvcon64.exe --minlength=%RipMinSeconds% mkv disc:0 all "%RipDir%%volid%"

just do not remove or rename %RipMinSeconds% or "%RipDir%%volid%" as those are variables the script uses.

All the options for this line can be found here:

http://www.makemkv.com/developers/usage.txt
(2012-07-26, 05:13)scl23enn4m3 Wrote: Hey Spinalcrack, what settings does your script use for MakeMKV? Does it pull all of the subtitles and audio formats?

That's the only way with makemkvcon, you can't choose audio or subtitles tracks.

If you want just a specific audio/subtitle track you have to go with the GUI version of MakeMKV or do as I do with my scripts, I remux the mkv with mkvmerge with just the tracks I wan't, takes a couple of minuts more.
@kaffekask

That's awesome, and mkvmerge could totally be used with AutoRipDVD.bat as well as it has a CLI.

For those that may want to add this to their script, here are the options for mkvmerge:

http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtool...merge.html
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC9