• 2(current)
Win One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC
TheOutlawEzE Wrote:Was wondering if there are any fixes for Eden and new version of makemkv. Seems to think for a second and then kick out the disc, makemkv work on its own but script doesn't. thanks in advance for any advice!

Hmmm.. I have not had any issue. If it's not finding the disk that doesn't have anything to do with Eden, and is just windows scripting. I'll test the script tonight on another machine and try and add in an option to specify the drive (with the method I mentioned earlier in the thread, but I'll add an option to change in the bat option), which should fix the issue.

I'll work on this tonight when I get home. Thanks for your patience guys.
Ok, so I tested this out all night and couldn't duplicate the problems some were having, but figured if people were having issues I should approach this another way.

So, please re-read the first post in this thread and download the new version using the links there.

The big changes are, I took out the auto detect drive feature, and added an option to set the drive in the AutoRipDVD.bat file. It defaults to D: but you can change this to whatever drive letter you wish now.

I also added a splash screen to indicate that there is no media in the drive or it's damaged so you can tell if the script is failing or if there may be something wrong with the drive or disk.

I also added a LaunchAutoRipDVD.exe file, for Advanced Launcher to point to. This should stop any flickering that may have happened on launch, and will make it easier to work on more systems.

One thing that I should point out as well, is that the script is set to run the 64bit version. If you have a 32 bit version of windows running, then change in AutoRipDVD.bat the following by removing the number 64:

Code:
cd /d "%IntDir%"
makemkvcon64.exe --minlength=%RipMinSeconds% mkv disc:0 all "%RipDir%%volid%"

So it reads like this for 32 bit

Code:
cd /d "%IntDir%"
makemkvcon.exe --minlength=%RipMinSeconds% mkv disc:0 all "%RipDir%%volid%"

Let me know how it goes guys.
Fixed! you the man, saved my backside! big props for the fast response and polite disposition towards a newbie.
TheOutlawEzE Wrote:Fixed! you the man, saved my backside! big props for the fast response and polite disposition towards a newbie.

Oh awesome, I am super glad this version corrected the issue. Enjoy Smile
Thank you for making this, it's nice and convenient to rip from within XBMC. I think I noticed a slight problem... if I rip a DVD with a space in the disc title,, the program ejects the DVD with a beep. My music library is left with an empty folder that matches the name of the disc up to the space. Is this a problem with your script or MakeMKV?
(2012-03-15, 02:43)GJackson Wrote: My music library is left with an empty folder that matches the name of the disc up to the space. Is this a problem with your script or MakeMKV?

This will only rip video. You mentioned music library? Are you trying to rip music from a dvd? Can you post the disc title for me please? And also copy and paste your AutoRipDVD.bat file

Here is my file, only slightly edited from the original. It is a 64-bit OS. This particular DVD is one that I believe was created from a movie file, and the creation proggy must have allowed spaces in the filename. The DVD name is Grown Ups, I got a folder "Grown". If spaces are an unsupported name convention, so be it, I just figured I would post it in case other people had similar problems or it was an easy fix. Let me know if you'd like me to try any changes.

Code:
@Echo offSetlocal enableextensions
::*********************************************************************************************
::*** AutoRipDVD is brought to you by Spinalcracker
::*********************************************************************************************
::
::***  Change the following variables to match your setup
::*** DriveLetter=The drive letter of your DVD or Blu-Ray drive ie. D: or G: etc
::------------------------------
Set DriveLetter=D:
::*** RipDir=Where you want your DVD ripped to ie. your xbmc movie folder *BE SURE TO INCLUDE TRAILING \
Set RipDir=Z:\Shared Videos\Movies\
::*** IntDir=Where you installed MakeMKV to
::----------------------------------------
Set IntDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV
::----------------------------------------
::*** ScriptPath=Where the files for this script are located with trailing "\" ie. Where AutoRipComplete.vbs & Beep.vbs are located *BE SURE TO INCLUDE TRAILING \
::------------------------------------
Set ScriptPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD\
::------------------------------------
::*** RipMinSeconds=Minimum time in seconds that should be ripped off disk to avoid getting previews etc.  Default is 3600 seconds or 1 hour
::---------------------
Set RipMinSeconds=3600
::---------------------
::******* DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELOW THIS!!!!!!************************************************

::For /f %%# In ('Mountvol^|Findstr [d-z]:\\') Do (
::        Fsutil fsinfo drivetype %%#|Find "CD-ROM">Nul&&(Set "CDROM=%%~d#"))
::If Not Defined CDROM call :NoDrive

for /f "tokens=6" %%t in ('vol %DriveLetter%') do @set volid=%%t
echo: %volid%

set str=%volid%
::echo.%str%
set str=%str:_= %
::echo.%str%
set volid=%str%
If "%volid%"=="_= " call :NoDrive

Echo:Ripping %volid% now...

mkdir "%RipDir%%volid%"

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
OSDAutoRip.hta

cd /d "%IntDir%"

SET _tmpPath="%RipDir%%volid%"
cd /d %_tmpPath%
for %%i in ("title*.mkv") do (set fname=%%i) & call :rename

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
AutoRipComplete.vbs
cscript Beep.vbs
goto:eof

:NoDrive
cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
cscript Beep.vbs
NoDiskDrive.hta
AutoRipComplete.vbs
exit

:rename
::Cuts off 1st 5 characters of fname, then appends prefix
ren %fname% "%volid%"_%fname:~5%
(2012-03-16, 03:03)GJackson Wrote: Here is my file, only slightly edited from the original. It is a 64-bit OS. This particular DVD is one that I believe was created from a movie file, and the creation proggy must have allowed spaces in the filename. The DVD name is Grown Ups, I got a folder "Grown". If spaces are an unsupported name convention, so be it, I just figured I would post it in case other people had similar problems or it was an easy fix. Let me know if you'd like me to try any changes.

You are right. It appears you have found a bug with this script where it will fail with spaces in the disk's volume name. Took a bit, but I managed to get it fixed, so below is the new shiny code. Please copy the code below and paste it into your AutoRipDVD.bat file replacing the existing code. Be sure to ONLY REPLACE THE CODE BELOW the settings you changed at the top of the file. Basically where it says, "Do Not Edit Anything Below This!", well.... yeah... paste over that part and below with this new code.

Worst case if you break it, I have updated the files in the links on the first post to this version, so re-download, install and set your paths again. If you're careful with the cut and paste though you shouldn't need to do that.

Code:
::******* DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELOW THIS!!!!!!************************************************

::For /f %%# In ('Mountvol^|Findstr [d-z]:\\') Do (
::        Fsutil fsinfo drivetype %%#|Find "CD-ROM">Nul&&(Set "CDROM=%%~d#"))
::If Not Defined CDROM call :NoDrive

for /f "tokens=1-5*" %%1 in ('vol %DriveLetter%') do (
    set volid=%%6 & goto processcontd
)

:processcontd
set nospace=%volid%
echo [%nospace%]
echo.
for /f "tokens=* delims= " %%A in ('echo %nospace% ') do set nospace=%%A
set nospace=%nospace:~0,-1%
echo [%nospace%]
set volid=%nospace%
echo: %volid%

set str=%volid%
echo.%str%
set str=%str:_= %
echo.%str%
set volid=%str%
If "%volid%"=="_= " call :NoDrive

Echo:Ripping %volid% now...

mkdir "%RipDir%%volid%"

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
OSDAutoRip.hta

cd /d "%IntDir%"

SET _tmpPath="%RipDir%%volid%"
cd /d %_tmpPath%
for %%i in ("title*.mkv") do (set fname=%%i) & call :rename

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
AutoRipComplete.vbs
cscript Beep.vbs
goto:eof

:NoDrive
cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
cscript Beep.vbs
NoDiskDrive.hta
AutoRipComplete.vbs
exit

:rename
::Cuts off 1st 5 characters of fname, then appends prefix
ren %fname% "%volid%"_%fname:~5%
(2012-03-16, 07:41)Spinalcrack Wrote: You are right. It appears you have found a bug with this script where it will fail with spaces in the disk's volume name. Took a bit, but I managed to get it fixed, so below is the new shiny code. Please copy the code below and paste it into your AutoRipDVD.bat file replacing the existing code. Be sure to ONLY REPLACE THE CODE BELOW the settings you changed at the top of the file. Basically where it says, "Do Not Edit Anything Below This!", well.... yeah... paste over that part and below with this new code.

Worst case if you break it, I have updated the files in the links on the first post to this version, so re-download, install and set your paths again. If you're careful with the cut and paste though you shouldn't need to do that.

Thanks. this seems awesome, I will have to check this out when I get home.

I recommend you edit your first post and add this in for new people trying your script in case they dont read the whole thread and realize there is more to add. Big Grin
(2012-03-16, 21:25)SamHill Wrote: Thanks. this seems awesome, I will have to check this out when I get home.

I recommend you edit your first post and add this in for new people trying your script in case they dont read the whole thread and realize there is more to add. Big Grin

Ya the download in the first post is now patched with this new code, so any new users should not have the problem.

Any existing users that stumble across a volume name with spaces, will hopefully either read the thread or see the changelog in the first post.

Let me know how it goes Smile

Cheers!
Seems to work great!! Thanks for fixing it! Smile
(2012-03-19, 01:57)GJackson Wrote: Seems to work great!! Thanks for fixing it! Smile

Good to hear Smile
Thanks for this little script !!

It's work great....

But, there's is a problem in the name of the folder and mkv after the rip.

I'm french, and the folder's name is "E s'appelle [DVDName]" (E is named [DVDName]) E is my DVD drive letter

It's a little weird, since it seems English User doesn't have this problem.

From what it's come from??

(2012-03-22, 22:03)WanderingIA Wrote: Thanks for this little script !!

It's work great....

But, there's is a problem in the name of the folder and mkv after the rip.

I'm french, and the folder's name is "E s'appelle [DVDName]" (E is named [DVDName]) E is my DVD drive letter

It's a little weird, since it seems English User doesn't have this problem.

From what it's come from??

Je regrette, mais mon Francais ce n'est pas bien. Je comprend un peu seulment. Merci pour parler a la Englais.

Are you saying that the folder name is the same as the DVD name?

I am sorry, I do not understand what issue you are having.
I would like to amend the last line of the code, the file rename, but I'm not sure of the coding used.

I want DVD in the filename so XBMC shows a DVD case e.g. Moviename.dvd.mkv

What would be the code for that?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC9