• 4(current)
Win One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC
(2012-04-29, 20:15)denz13 Wrote: I managed to get my issue with subtitles sorted, and it was exactly that MY issue LOL, didn't realise subtitles were enabled by default on XBMC, reason I hadn't noticed before was because I played videos from DVD which doesn't have subtitles set by default.

Quick question, may be beyond the capabilities of MakeMKV though, is it possible to compress the DVD/BluRay so it doesn't take as much HDD space?

I've seen pretty decent compressed HD quality films at around 5-10GB.

MakeMKV will not compress the video. You can use Handbrake to do that. It also has a cli, so could be added to the script to automatically compress the files after MakeMKV has done it's thing. I haven't added this, as it would complicate the script (everyone will want different levels of compression for example, the time it takes to re-encode a file is quite long and most wouldn't want to wait, or wait as long etc etc), but please take a look here for the handbrake commands.

https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/CLIGuide

These could be added after the renaming done in the current script, to then re-encode the video to a smaller file. The nice thing is, you could use the variables in the current script in your handbrake command, so the work of determining the DVD path, the volume name, the output path is already taken care of with AutoRipDVD.bat.

Handbrake is Open Source and can be downloaded here: http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Wow, looks like i'm going to have to do some reading! Thanks for all your help! Will let you know how I get on and possibly repost a script if I get one together so others can amend and use if they'd also like to have compression.
Cheers
FYI Spinalcrack...

Nice and simple.

Have it all working except I also have the same issue as Joeforsale in which it creates the output folder as ECHO

Downloaded a fresh copy of batch file and was VERY careful making changes but still had ECHO output file

Thanks!
Hi SpinalCrack, I'm really struggling with putting this script together for added compression.

Any chance you could give me a few pointers?

Basically I just want to add a compression process to your already brilliant program so my DVD rips are between 1-5GB and my BluRays 3-10GB.

What do I need to add to my script to be able to do this? I've had a quick read through the CLI guide but really have no idea where to start when putting a script together.
I've managed to get the auto rip n compress program working within XBMC by setting up the standalone exe with Advanced Launcher.

http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows_...81697.aspx

This does exactly what I wanted, rip and compress. Thanks for your help anyway SpinalCrack and hope you keep up the good work on your solution.

Quick question, which part of your script detects the name of the DVD?

On the auto rip n compress program I mentioned before it prompts to enter a DVD name when running the exe from within XBMC.

Strangely (or maybe not?) I accidently discovered that when running auto rip n compress the file/folder that it creates for the rip is called %rom% (which is whats default in the arguements field, i forgot to delete this and hence found this). Is there something I can enter which would auto detect the volume name i.e STEP_BROTHERS so it creates the folder/file name
(2012-05-01, 15:49)MYPCTech Wrote: FYI Spinalcrack...

Nice and simple.

Have it all working except I also have the same issue as Joeforsale in which it creates the output folder as ECHO

Downloaded a fresh copy of batch file and was VERY careful making changes but still had ECHO output file

Thanks!

What is the volume name shown in windows explorer for the DVD you are trying to rip when it creates an echo folder? Are you running the script with the DVD already in the drive? or running it first, then inserting the disc?
(2012-05-09, 00:31)denz13 Wrote: Quick question, which part of your script detects the name of the DVD?

On the auto rip n compress program I mentioned before it prompts to enter a DVD name when running the exe from within XBMC.

Strangely (or maybe not?) I accidently discovered that when running auto rip n compress the file/folder that it creates for the rip is called %rom% (which is whats default in the arguements field, i forgot to delete this and hence found this). Is there something I can enter which would auto detect the volume name i.e STEP_BROTHERS so it creates the folder/file name

That is what my script does. That is why I created it, because other stand alone rippers required you to manually enter the Movie title. I didn't want that because I do not have a keyboard attached to my XBMC box and run it as a set-top.

As I said, you could change my script to allow compression, so it rips and compresses it automatically with one button push, using handbrake, and renames it correctly so it will scrape. If I get some time to play with it, I'll try and add in this feature in the next release.
Sorry for the late replies recently everyone. I have been extremely busy and somehow the email notification was turned off for me for this thread, so didn't realize there were new posts until checking today. Smile
Was there ever a way to use handbrake with this? Thanks a lot for the scripts!

Edit: Read where you said how much it would complicate the process Wink I'm just glad ripping is one click! Thanks
I'm going to use DropFolders and handbrake to watch the folder I rip these movies to.
(2012-06-20, 00:43)Bosch007 Wrote: Was there ever a way to use handbrake with this? Thanks a lot for the scripts!

Edit: Read where you said how much it would complicate the process Wink I'm just glad ripping is one click! Thanks

A few people have now requested this, so I will work on adding handbrake into the mix... stay tuned.
Brilliant with handbrake added this could be just the addon i'm looking for Smile nice1 mate
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

Any chance of something like this for Linux or Openelec?
I hate to sound like an idiot here but I'm very new to XBMC and I'm trying to set it up as an easy, anybody can use movie server. This script sounds like it's one of the "just what I'm looking for" add-ons. However I'm having the same problem as somebody earlier had. I've read through all the posts multiple times but when I try to rip a disc it reads the drive for a second then opens both my DVD and Bluray drives and stops there with no error. Like I've said..I've read through all the posts here and check and double checked my settings int he bat file and still the same thing. Am I missing something? I really appreciate any help I could get.
If a moderator could move this thread to the Tips and Tricks thread, it's probably more suited to be there.

Sonnenbrillen Herren
Ok...figured out my problem with the script opening the drive drawers and not ripping the disc. It didn't like the two drives. I disconnected the internal DVD drive and only have the internal BD drive and it worked fine. Only question is this...it made a sub-folder for the movie with the folder name being the title of the movie. Is there a way to not do that and just put the MKV file in the folder specified without making a sub folder and putting it there? Thanks again for any help.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC9