• 22(current)
Win One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC
G'day everyone,

First of all, thank you so much for all the time and effort you've put into this Spinalcrack. It's really quite impressive.

Now I have found a glitch of sorts and have been trying to figure out the solution. I'm trying to rip a the TV series grey's anatomy Season 1 and I've found that the volID which it parses to MakeMKV is most likely what's causing the problem. The DVD's title is "GA10EUT1_ " Note the trailing spaces and the underscore. EDIT: When posting the extra spaces have been removed, but there are 16 spaces following the underscore, ie the rest of the title is filled with spaces.

Now I've been going through the processcontd function and I can see that the name should be modified somewhat there, however after MakeMKV analyses the disk, MakeMKV returned with a path error as follows;

"Error 'OS error - the system cannot find the path specified' occurred while creating 'E:\movies\GA10EUT1 /title00.mkv" which repeats for all MKV's which would normally be saved (title00 to title05 in this case).

Obviously since that's an invalid path it's not going to work, but does has anyone had this before? And furthermore, does anyone know what I should add in to truncate those paths so that it can work?

The directory E:\movies\GA10EUT1 is created, however it is empty after the script is run.

This is the only DVD I've tested so far which causes this, normally I'd work around this as it's a once off. However I'm using this script in an attempt to make a completely noob friendly UI for XBMC for other users

Edit: one last thing, The script I'm using is your most recent version available from downloads. The only modification I've made so far is adding changing the minimum title seconds to 1020 (so that the TV ep's are found) and adding PAUSE after running MakeMKV so that I can view the errors.

Thanks,
Talon_Card
That is really bizarre because this code

Code:
:processcontd
set nospace=%volid%
echo [%nospace%]
echo.
for /f "tokens=* delims= " %%A in ('echo %nospace% ') do set nospace=%%A
set nospace=%nospace:~0,-1%
echo [%nospace%]
set volid=%nospace%
echo: %volid%

removes the trailing spaces, so this shouldn't happen. Can you please post the entire batch file?
I am trying to rip all of the movies in my collection which is about 800 movies. I have a tower in my closet that has 4 DVD drives, I used this script and it does not want to work. I installed it into 4 different directories and edit each of the 4 bat files. Each bat file is looking at each individual drive and saving to the same folder, so I run the bat file and it sees each individual movie with no issues. however when it starts MakeMKV each instance starts to read the same single disc. Any help would be appriciated.

EDIT: I figured that part out, it was an edit that had to be make when it calls for makemkv to start. Now I am having another issue, when one disc finishes it ejects the one that is done as well as the 3 other drives. This is the complete vbs script. How would i edit this so it only ejects one disc at a time?
Code:
Dim ts
Dim strDriveLetter
Dim intDriveLetter
Dim fs 'As Scripting.FileSystemObject
Const CDROM = 4
    On Error Resume Next
    Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    strDriveLetter = ""
    For intDriveLetter = Asc("A") To Asc("Z")
        Err.Clear
        If fs.GetDrive(Chr(intDriveLetter)).DriveType = CDROM Then
            If Err.Number = 0 Then
                strDriveLetter = Chr(intDriveLetter)
                Exit For
            End If
        End If
    Next
'MSGBOX "YOUR CD IS: " & strDriveLetter,VBOKONLY + 48,"CDROM=> " & strDriveLetter

Set oWMP = CreateObject("WMPlayer.OCX.7" )
Set colCDROMs = oWMP.cdromCollection
     For d = 0 to colCDROMs.Count - 1
           colCDROMs.Item(d).Eject  
Next 'null
set owmp = nothing
set colCDROMs = nothing
wscript.quit
(2014-03-01, 02:41)Niksal12 Wrote: I am trying to rip all of the movies in my collection which is about 800 movies. I have a tower in my closet that has 4 DVD drives, I used this script and it does not want to work. I installed it into 4 different directories and edit each of the 4 bat files. Each bat file is looking at each individual drive and saving to the same folder, so I run the bat file and it sees each individual movie with no issues. however when it starts MakeMKV each instance starts to read the same single disc. Any help would be appriciated.

EDIT: I figured that part out, it was an edit that had to be make when it calls for makemkv to start. Now I am having another issue, when one disc finishes it ejects the one that is done as well as the 3 other drives. This is the complete vbs script. How would i edit this so it only ejects one disc at a time?
Code:
Dim ts
Dim strDriveLetter
Dim intDriveLetter
Const CDROM = 4
    On Error Resume Next
    strDriveLetter = ""
        Err.Clear
            If Err.Number = 0 Then
                Exit For
            End If
        End If
    Next
'MSGBOX "YOUR CD IS: " & strDriveLetter,VBOKONLY + 48,"CDROM=> " & strDriveLetter

For d = 0 to colCDROMs.Count - 1
           colCDROMs.Item(d).Eject  
Next 'null
set owmp = nothing
set colCDROMs = nothing
wscript.quit

Replace the AutoRipComplete.vbs to this for each install of AutoRipDVD

Code:
Dim ts
Dim strDriveLetter
Dim intDriveLetter
Const CDROM = 4
    On Error Resume Next
    strDriveLetter = ""
        Err.Clear
            If Err.Number = 0 Then
                Exit For
            End If
        End If
    Next

colCDROMs.Item(0).Eject
set owmp = nothing
set colCDROMs = nothing
wscript.quit

Where it says

colCDROMs.Item(0).Eject

Change the number to change which drive it ejects. 0 = D: 1 = E: etc ie colCDROMs.Item(1).Eject or colCDROMs.Item(2).Eject etc. Just change that number save and then double click the vbs file to see which drive ejects. Don't have to do a whole rip to test or anything.

Cheers!
Awesome thank you, that worked. I love this add in it has made this process soooo much easier compared to going into make mkv each time.
Awesome! I'm really happy you're enjoying it. It'll be great to have your whole collection in xmbc with the fanart etc.
Hi again,

(sorry for how long it took for me to get back to this thread, I'm balancing uni work and this project)

As I mentioned, this script should be identical to the script provided in the installer, the only changes I've made in this one are the destination path to dump movies, the minimum title length, and also I've added PAUSE after makemkvcon64.exe is run for debugging.

Here's my current script

Code:
@Echo offSetlocal enableextensions
::*********************************************************************************************
::*** AutoRipDVD is brought to you by Spinalcracker
::*********************************************************************************************
::
::***  Change the following variables to match your setup
::*** DriveLetter=The drive letter of your DVD or Blu-Ray drive ie. D: or G: etc
::------------------------------
Set DriveLetter=D:
::*** RipDir=Where you want your DVD ripped to ie. your xbmc movie folder *BE SURE TO INCLUDE TRAILING \
Set RipDir=C:\Movies\
::*** IntDir=Where you installed MakeMKV to
::----------------------------------------
Set IntDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV
::*** ScriptPath=Where the files for this script are located with trailing "\" ie. Where AutoRipComplete.vbs & Beep.vbs are located *BE SURE TO INCLUDE TRAILING \
::------------------------------------
Set ScriptPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoRipDVD\
::*** RipMinSeconds=Minimum time in seconds that should be ripped off disk to avoid getting previews etc.  Default is 3600 seconds or 1 hour
::---------------------
Set RipMinSeconds=1080
::*** Using Handbrake to compress - Yes or No?
Set Handbrake=No
::*** Sets the install path to handbrake
Set Handbrakepath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Handbrake\
::*** Sets the level of compression in Handbrake so unless you really know what you are doing, do NOT adjust this next setting!
Set X264=b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50:me=umh:bframes=5:ref=6:direct=auto:trellis=2:subq=10:psy-rd=1.0,0.10:analyse=all
::*** Sets the format of the new compressed file, so again, unless you know what you are doing, please leave it as mkv!
Set FORMAT=--optimize --format mkv
::*** Sets the quality to something visually appealing but in a small files size - play with this if your outcome isn't to your liking
Set QUALITY=--ab 64 --mixdown mono --quality 23 -e x264 -x %X264%
::*** Sets the output to 720p resolution - change if you prefer something else
Set SIZE=--width 1280 --height 720
::******* DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELOW THIS!!!!!!************************************************

::For /f %%# In ('Mountvol^|Findstr [d-z]:\\') Do (
::        Fsutil fsinfo drivetype %%#|Find "CD-ROM">Nul&&(Set "CDROM=%%~d#"))
::If Not Defined CDROM call :NoDrive

for /f "tokens=1-5*" %%1 in ('vol %DriveLetter%') do (
    set volid=%%6 & goto processcontd
)

set nospace=%volid%
echo [%nospace%]
echo.
echo [%nospace%]
set volid=%nospace%

set str=%volid%
echo.%str%
set str=%str:_= %
echo.%str%
set volid=%str%
If "%volid%"=="_= " call :NoDrive

Echo:Ripping %volid% now...

mkdir "%RipDir%%volid%"

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
OSDAutoRip.hta

cd /d "%IntDir%"
makemkvcon64.exe --minlength=%RipMinSeconds% mkv disc:0 all "%RipDir%%volid%"

PAUSE

SET _tmpPath="%RipDir%%volid%"
cd /d %_tmpPath%
for %%i in ("title*.mkv") do (set fname=%%i) & call :rename

If %Handbrake%==Yes call :HBEncode

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
AutoRipComplete.vbs
cscript Beep.vbs
exit

:NoDrive
cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
cscript Beep.vbs
NoDiskDrive.hta
AutoRipComplete.vbs
exit

:HBEncode
cd /d "%Handbrakepath%"
HandBrakeCLI -v0 -i "%RipDir%%volid%" -o "%RipDir%%volid%\%volid% 720p.mkv" %FORMAT% %QUALITY% %SIZE%
cd /d %_tmpPath%
del "%volid%_*.mkv"

:rename
::Cuts off 1st 5 characters of fname, then appends prefix
ren %fname% "%volid%"_%fname:~5%

Now here's what I probably should have included in my first post to give a better idea of what's happening

Here's a screenshot of MakeMKV encountering problems with the path and paused immediately after
http://imgur.com/2vlQHY6

And here's the title of the DVD with the highlighted extra spaces
http://imgur.com/zGCZ9Gd

Right now I'm running this on my own laptop directly via the script, but I'm getting the same problem with the same disk on the rig running XBMC. (I figured trying different hardware might be worth a shot)

Also, if I run Make MKV via the Gui it can handle the paths okay, and the rip works out fine (but it doesn't do any naming so that's to be expected)
The underscore is probably getting created as the directory name, but is getting stripped out by the script when trying to write the MakeMKV files so can't find the path. I can take more of a look later when I'm home.
Hello,
I tried to follow the directions but it looks like the "Advanced Launcher" add-on is incompatible with the Windows 8.1/Gotham/Aeon MQ5 setup I have currently. Is there a work around?
(2014-04-24, 20:38)greg_p Wrote: Hello,
I tried to follow the directions but it looks like the "Advanced Launcher" add-on is incompatible with the Windows 8.1/Gotham/Aeon MQ5 setup I have currently. Is there a work around?
  • Advanced Launcher is fully compatible with Windows 8.1.
  • As Gotham still actually the dev. version of XBMC, Advanced Launcher must be installed manually for this version (extracting zip file into addon directory). Full support is only for the released versions.
  • That's Aeon MQ5 that do not support Advanced Launcher features.... not the opposite.
(2014-04-26, 04:25)Angelscry Wrote: [*]As Gotham still actually the dev. version of XBMC, Advanced Launcher must be installed manually for this version (extracting zip file into addon directory). Full support is only for the released versions.

It looks like the RC is on it's way according to Martijn's last blog post Smile

I've wondered if you are still using Frodo yourself Angelscry? Didn't recognize your new avatar either, from the movie Ted? What was the old one from?
I'm still using Frodo on my HTPC, but use Gotham on my devellopment PC.
awsome programme id really like to see this added like the cd rip in xbmc it would be so handy.

my problem is that makemkv works fine but after its finished it doesnt move onto handbrake and make the new file it just pops out the disk
clueless as to how i can get this to work right or what ive done wrong

any help appreciated

Code:
::*** DriveLetter=The drive letter of your DVD or Blu-Ray drive ie. D: or G: etc
Set DriveLetter=e:
::*** RipDir=Where you want your DVD ripped to ie. your xbmc movie folder *BE SURE TO INCLUDE TRAILING \
Set RipDir=d:\videos\Movies\
Set IntDir=C:\Program Files\MakeMKV\
::*** ScriptPath=Where the files for this script are located with trailing "\" ie. Where AutoRipComplete.vbs & Beep.vbs are located *BE SURE TO INCLUDE TRAILING \
::*** RipMinSeconds=Minimum time in seconds that should be ripped off disk to avoid getting previews etc.  Default is 3600 seconds or 1 hour
Set RipMinSeconds=3000
Set Handbrake=yes
Set Handbrakepath=C:\Program Files\Handbrake\
::*** Sets the level of compression in Handbrake so unless you really know what you are doing, do NOT adjust this next setting!
Set X264=b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50:me=umh:bframes=5:ref=6:direct=auto:trellis=2:subq=10:psy-rd=1.0,0.10:analyse=all
::*** Sets the format of the new compressed file, so again, unless you know what you are doing, please leave it as mkv!
::*** Sets the quality to something visually appealing but in a small files size - play with this if your outcome isn't to your liking
::******* DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELOW THIS!!!!!!************************************************

)

set nospace=%volid%
echo [%nospace%]
echo.
echo [%nospace%]
set volid=%nospace%

set str=%volid%
echo.%str%
echo.%str%
set volid=%str%

mkdir "%RipDir%%volid%"

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
OSDAutoRip.hta

cd /d "%IntDir%"
makemkvcon.exe --minlength=%RipMinSeconds% mkv disc:0 all "%RipDir%%volid%"

cd /d %_tmpPath%

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
AutoRipComplete.vbs
cscript Beep.vbs
exit

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
cscript Beep.vbs
NoDiskDrive.hta
AutoRipComplete.vbs
exit

cd /d "%Handbrakepath%"
HandBrakeCLI -v0 -i "%RipDir%%volid%" -o "%RipDir%%volid%\%volid% 720p.mkv" %FORMAT% %QUALITY% %SIZE%
cd /d %_tmpPath%
del "%volid%_*.mkv"

(2014-05-28, 16:13)Bromigo Wrote: awsome programme id really like to see this added like the cd rip in xbmc it would be so handy.

my problem is that makemkv works fine but after its finished it doesnt move onto handbrake and make the new file it just pops out the disk
clueless as to how i can get this to work right or what ive done wrong

any help appreciated

Code:
Set DriveLetter=e:
Set RipDir=d:\videos\Movies\
Set IntDir=C:\Program Files\MakeMKV\
Set RipMinSeconds=3000
Set Handbrake=yes
Set Handbrakepath=C:\Program Files\Handbrake\

)

set nospace=%volid%
echo [%nospace%]
echo.
echo [%nospace%]
set volid=%nospace%

set str=%volid%
echo.%str%
echo.%str%
set volid=%str%

mkdir "%RipDir%%volid%"

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
OSDAutoRip.hta

cd /d "%IntDir%"
makemkvcon.exe --minlength=%RipMinSeconds% mkv disc:0 all "%RipDir%%volid%"

cd /d %_tmpPath%

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
AutoRipComplete.vbs
cscript Beep.vbs
exit

cd /d "%ScriptPath%"
cscript Beep.vbs
NoDiskDrive.hta
AutoRipComplete.vbs
exit

cd /d "%Handbrakepath%"
cd /d %_tmpPath%
del "%volid%_*.mkv"

Sloppy programming on my part Tongue The yes is case sensitive so needs to be 'Yes' with no quotes

Change the option at the top to look like this and you should be good to go.

Code:
Set Handbrake=Yes
excellent that definatly did the job .... curious to know if i can speed up the encoding process? im not too worried on loosing out on quality
this 1hour long dvd @ 2.6gb is gonna take 25 hours (or so it says in cmd box)

are there settings to use vid coder with this so i can aim at making 700mb mp4's?
id really like to have this fully automated as i can so i can use this independantly without a screen/monitor and a small file size would be good to have
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC9