Best Synology DS211 connection to Apple TV 2
6corewhore Wrote:Took 6 hours to copy a 15GB mkv from my Mac Pro to the Synology station connected to 10.0.1.9 on my router.

That is way too much. IMHO, this suggests is not a network (infrastructure) problem but rather compatibility issue.

Try it out from a Windows or OS X 10.6.8 and you will be surprised. Another thing - use Synology's web interface to transfer files and test it further with OS X 10.7.

I believe you'll have better results with this, which would confirm SMB implementation in 10.7 not much in love with Samba, ATM. This should NOT affect ATV2 - NAS connections, you should be fine there.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Question 
Is it possible to play music, videos, playlists from the Synology 211j's iTunes server on Apple TV2? Without using a computer Big Grin
skoos Wrote:Is it possible to play music, videos, playlists from the Synology 211j's iTunes server on Apple TV2? Without using a computer Big Grin

You don't even need iTunes server running on 211j. You can play them directly from NAS folders.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Not only don't you need iTunes server running, but if you have another iOS device (iPad, iPhone), you can use the DS audio app to stream music to that device or any other Airplay compatible device in your network.

This works really well for me, even over 3G. (Of course for that you'll want to have an unlimited data plan and have to poke a hole on the right port in your firewall.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Synology DS211 connection to Apple TV 20