10.0.9 deinterlacing
After installing 10.0.9 on my AppleTV2, the deinterlacing option is missing. I used to turn it on by holding the center button while a video was playing, clicking the film reel icon (video settings) and selecting the Deinterlace radio button. But now the Deinterlacing option isn't listed. Where do I turn it on now?
rschell Wrote:After installing 10.0.9 on my AppleTV2, the deinterlacing option is missing. I used to turn it on by holding the center button while a video was playing, clicking the film reel icon (video settings) and selecting the Deinterlace radio button. But now the Deinterlacing option isn't listed. Where do I turn it on now?

I haven't tested this on ATV2, "only" on the iPad2, but I think they run the same codebase.

Are you sure you're trying to play back interlaced content? With a TS MPEG2 file with interlaced PAL SD content, the Interlace menu item is there. With an input file that's not interlaced, no such menu item is shown.

EDIT: over at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104384 , I see your h.264 content is interlaced. Then, dunno the answer - I've only tested this with MPEG-2 TS files.

BTW, does anyone have any info on what changed in 10-0.9 compared to the version about a month ago? Is it possible to set the deinterlace method (blending vs. rest)? Currently, while the new version seem to use a high-quality one (with no apparent resolution loss), even the iPad2 hardware is insufficient to drive this with a 25 fps PAL SD input file. In addition, the temporal resolution is also more than halved. The old algorithm had no such problems - even with its vastly reduced vertical resolution.
Yes, the content is interlaced and you can see all the horizontal lines during playback. This 10.0.9 is sorta a drag, nobody seems to have any answers as to why the Delinterlace option is missing in the new version. It's still in my Linux and Windows versions, why they pulled it out on iOS is beyond me.
rschell Wrote:Yes, the content is interlaced and you can see all the horizontal lines during playback. This 10.0.9 is sorta a drag, nobody seems to have any answers as to why the Delinterlace option is missing in the new version. It's still in my Linux and Windows versions, why they pulled it out on iOS is beyond me.

Deinterlace in ios/atv2 is tricky, you just don't have the ponies to do it brute force. Also any h264 with interlacing gets super tricky because we don't know how to handle interlaced content with hw decode (vtb).
@davilla:
hi!
i was using version "org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-7_iphoneos-arm.deb" from 11.02.2011 downloaded from "http://hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/"
deinterlacing of mpeg2-ts sd content worked perfectly!! in that version.

after upgrading to version 10.0.9, it's almost impossible (stutter) to use deinterlacing the same content as above.

it seems to be independent of the underlying atv2 version:
4.2.1 -> 10.0.7 = perfect deinterlacing
4.2.1 -> 10.0.9 = stutter/unusable
4.3 -> 10.0.7 = perfect deinterlacing
4.3 -> 10.0.9 = stutter/unusable

i tried any nigthly version available.
do you know any workaround/solution to this behavior?
regards
awx
nope ... known issue - i'll add it to the known issues thread
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
10.0.9 deinterlacing0