[ATV2] TMDB scraper does not work for me in 10.0.9
Hi,

I've installed 10.0.9 on ATV2 and tried to rescan my entire Movie collection with the TMDB scraper. And it doesn't find _anything_! I will attach the xbmc.log file that says "WARNING: failed to load scraper XML" on every search.

This didn't work initially. So I tried installing the nightly from june 6th. Still no improvement, so I uninstalled XBMC from NitoTV and installed the 10.0.9 again. Still the same errors.

Can anyone help please?

xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/422e2J5K

Thanks,

Morten
I am having the exact same issue as you are.

I was initially trying to use a remote mysql database to share info between devices in the house and that was not working and giving the "failed to load scraper XML" error in the log file whenever I tried to scrape my movie share. Now, I deleted the advancedsettings.xml to try the same thing locally, and still getting the same error. On the GUI, XBMC says: "Unable to connect to remote server. Do you want to continue..."

For some reason, when I add IMDB as a scraper and try scraping with that, it works somewhat although it missed a lot of movies and mislabeled a lot of them, so I'd really prefer to stick with TMDB since it does a much better job for me.

I deleted my xbmc log before opening xbmc and immediately went to try to scrape the movie share, so the error log is rather short. It is posted here:
http://pastebin.com/WfaTMFn1

You can see that it seems to at least attempt to get info on certain movies in the share (I am Legend), but it doesn't seem to go any further.

Please help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Forgot to mention... TVDB scraping seems to work mostly.

Thanks.
TVDB scraper also works fine for me! And I have the same exact problem if switching to IMDB. A lot of files are not found and a lot is wrong. I'm seriously thinking about deleting the entire Preferences/XBMC folder etc, but really hope that wont be nesseccary :/

Morten
I have uninstalled and re-installed xbmc via Nito TV and I am still having the same issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions after looking at our logs?

Thanks.
New update from me:

I have now gone the looong way and Restored my ATV2 using PwnageTool 4.3.3 and AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F305_Restore.ipsw. Updated NitoTV and installed XBMC v. 10.0.9. STILL the same problem!! Cannot anyone help us?

Morten
Until yesterday I had a some beta/prefinal 10 version of XBMC running, where TMDB scrapper worked fine. Today I upgrades to FW 4.3.0 (Build 8F305) and installed XBMC 10.0.9.

TMDB scrapper is broken. Can't even open the settings for this scrapper.

Any help would be appreciated.
As far as I know, the scrapers does not work on FW 4.3.* :/ (Maybe in the fresh build Keith put up?)
Claus.Munch Wrote:As far as I know, the scrapers does not work on FW 4.3.* :/ (Maybe in the fresh build Keith put up?)

If this were true, it would have been good if I had known this before upgrading to 4.3. Huh

Yet, I just had to restart my ATV. Now the scraper actually works and allows me to change settings. Big Grin

BTW: Just out of curiosity (and as I'm new to ATV): Where can I find the fresh builds you were mentioning?
airmax Wrote:...
BTW: Just out of curiosity (and as I'm new to ATV): Where can I find the fresh builds you were mentioning?

The fresh builds are discussed in the "nightly" thread in this forum.
A guide to installing can be found there - be aware it may not work as well as the stable versions Smile
For the record: TMDB scraper worked fine for me with FW 4.3.0 (Build 8F305) together with 10.0.7. Its the 10.0.9 that has the problem; regardless of ATV2 firmware.
Upgraded to the latest nightly and things seems to work again now.
It works ok for me on 4.3.0 and 10.0.9. It is really picky about the folder names and if there is no match it gives the Cannot connect error (which is a known bug). Once I figure out which folders are causing the error and either correct the names or choose the IMDB scraper for certain problem movies, it seems to work ok. The latest nighties seem to solve the scraper issues, but it is a bit unstable at the moment. I think the last nightly might have broken some add-ons though.
does anyone know if the latest nightly is compatible with 10.1 XBMC as far as a MySQL database goes?

I will try upgrading to the latest nightly to see if it helps, and I'll try renaming my folders, even though it seems to be failing on one (I Am Legend) that is not named in any unusual way at all...
Well, upgrading to the latest nightly (July 12) did not help my situation. I tried removing and re-adding my sources, and that didn't help either... Is there any more input from XBMC moderators about this "failed to load scraper XML" error? I can't seem to find anything else in the log that is of any use to know where the error is starting.

At this point, I am forced to rename every movie I have, and then use IMDB (which doesn't seem to do the job as well) to get partial movie information for my library.
Has this scraper issue been resolved and when will this be pushed to a new version? Should I downgrade to 10.0.7 since the scraper is not working in 10.0.9?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] TMDB scraper does not work for me in 10.0.90