New build, color all wrong.
Question 
I am new to XBMC and after doing some research I decided to take some parts I had and build a stand alone XBMC box. Upon suggestion from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Supported_hardware I ended up purchasing one thing I was missing, a video card. The motherboard I have has an AGP port. It took awhile but I finally found an PNY Nvidia 6200 card with component out. The card does state it is capable of HD out and I do get a picture on the component out. The problem (actually 2) I have is the color and resolution I get. As the computer is booting the BIOS screen and the XBMC loading screen looks fine but one the actual OS loads it goes all blue tint. Also the resolution will not allow adjustment beyond 1280x1024. Below is an attached picture of what it looks like.

I also have a Soundblaster Audigy 2 and trying to use the digital out but have no sound but want to tackle one thing at a time.

Any suggestions as to why I cannot adjust to proper resolution or color is incorrect? I have searched the forums multiple times but to no avail.
component out is analog and always prone to signal degradation. Furthermore your gfx card and TV component output/inputs need to be rated for Full HD for this to work properly.

What happens if you lower the resolution?
you have your red and blue component cables swapped.
wsnipex Wrote:What happens if you lower the resolution?

Went to 640x480 and was same color

davilla Wrote:you have your red and blue component cables swapped.

Swapped colors on cables to make them incorrect and not match where they are supposed to go. Everything turned to a red tint.
Sounds kind of like a broken cable then, try disconnecting each of the plugs, if you disconnect one and the picture doesn't change, that's the one that doesn't work right.
Okay, just tried swapping cables and did same thing. Tried a different dongle and same results. Color is all good on Bios screen and XBMC logo screen. As soon as it hits the XBMC OS there is a flash/flicker and goes to a blue tint. :/
a shot in the dark: did you install current video drivers?
Does your projector support HDMI?
I have an HDMI AGP card that worked well for me. I would be willing to part with it for a low price. PM me if interested.
wsnipex Wrote:a shot in the dark: did you install current video drivers?

Now we might be on to something. As in my original post I am new to XBMC. If drivers are supposed to be installed after the install of XBMC I did not know anything about it or Linux.

Thurbs Wrote:Does your projector support HDMI?
I have an HDMI AGP card that worked well for me. I would be willing to part with it for a low price. PM me if interested.

That is what I was looking for to begin with but could not find used, only new. Since I just bought this let's see how this turns out first. I would have loved to had HDMI to begin with simply to have video and audio taken care of at one time.
Just found the card it is an ASUS AH3450 512M, I only used it about 2 months before upgrading my HTPC. Let me know if you want it.
wsnipex Wrote:a shot in the dark: did you install current video drivers?

Stu Pidaso Wrote:Now we might be on to something. As in my original post I am new to XBMC. If drivers are supposed to be installed after the install of XBMC I did not know anything about it or Linux.

So how do I install video drivers into XBMC?
Stu Pidaso Wrote:So how do I install video drivers into XBMC?

You don't, you install video drivers into Linux, that's the OS.
davilla Wrote:You don't, you install video drivers into Linux, that's the OS.

Well, I kind of thought that but was going by what they said. hmmmm Sad
Stu Pidaso Wrote:I am new to XBMC and after doing some research I decided to take some parts I had and build a stand alone XBMC box. Upon suggestion from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Supported_hardware I ended up purchasing one thing I was missing, a video card. The motherboard I have has an AGP port. It took awhile but I finally found an PNY Nvidia 6200 card with component out. The card does state it is capable of HD out and I do get a picture on the component out. The problem (actually 2) I have is the color and resolution I get. As the computer is booting the BIOS screen and the XBMC loading screen looks fine but one the actual OS loads it goes all blue tint. Also the resolution will not allow adjustment beyond 1280x1024. Below is an attached picture of what it looks like.

I also have a Soundblaster Audigy 2 and trying to use the digital out but have no sound but want to tackle one thing at a time.

Any suggestions as to why I cannot adjust to proper resolution or color is incorrect? I have searched the forums multiple times but to no avail.

The frame around XBMC, you can set your TV/projector to 1:1 or just scan so your XBMC resolution is = native

edit/ idk if that works for projectors, I know it works on TV's.. Some projectors have a limited resolution, often smaller than Full HD
X3lectric Wrote:The frame around XBMC, you can set your TV/projector to 1:1 or just scan so your XBMC resolution is = native

edit/ idk if that works for projectors, I know it works on TV's.. Some projectors have a limited resolution, often smaller than Full HD

Projector is full HD...
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/P...V11H373120

I got the card because the specs state it does HD but confused as to why XBMC video settings will not go past 1280.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New build, color all wrong.0