New build, color all wrong.
Stu Pidaso Wrote:Projector is full HD...
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/P...V11H373120

I got the card because the specs state it does HD but confused as to why XBMC video settings will not go past 1280.

Sigh, XBMC does not set the rules, the OS does. XBMC is only reporting what the OS can do. XBMC is an Application not an OS.
davilla Wrote:Sigh, XBMC does not set the rules, the OS does. XBMC is only reporting what the OS can do. XBMC is an Application not an OS.

Sorry that I am confused on this as I burnt an ISO and did an "install". Guess I do not understand as I am mainly a Windows user. Please don't hate me. I want to learn other systems.

So to understand better, the ISO from XBMC.org installs Linux, then XBMC on top of Linux and sets it to run only XBMC when the PC turns on??
Stu Pidaso Wrote:Sorry that I am confused on this as I burnt an ISO and did an "install". Guess I do not understand as I am mainly a Windows user. Please don't hate me. I want to learn other systems.

So to understand better, the ISO from XBMC.org installs Linux, then XBMC on top of Linux and sets it to run only XBMC when the PC turns on??

The iso from XBMC.org already has xbmc installed inside its heavily customized minimal Ubuntu OS (Luicd 10.04 based in the Dharma 10 release...

You need to reconfigure your /etx/X11/xorg.conf to make your OS display the full HD, that is on my signature under judder fixes. Your installation is XBMCLive so dont forget that.
in Ubuntu check under system--administration--additional drivers this will enable the use of proprietary drivers in my case the nvidia accelerated graphics driver (I am using a revo 1600) I think it might be worth a look.

Hope this helps.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
@ Hudson_Hawk04

This may be a stupid observation, so bare with me, the guy said hes using XBMCLive as he said in this post and I quoted above you post

so the reply is to stu_pidaso is about how to install nvidia drivers in XBMCLive (and considering thers is no OFFICIAL nvidia PPA, lets use mine, since I know it works 100%.
Stu Pidaso Wrote:So how do I install video drivers into XBMC?

Presuming you have provide correct info and are running xbmclive for the install iso
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties pkg-config -y
sudo add-apt-repository [b]ppa:team-iquik/nvidia-vpau
apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade nvidia-current nvidia-settings libvdpau1 libvdpau-dev
[/b]

then you should look at this thread to fix your resolution and other common problems

once that is done if you WANT to update your XBMC to latest unstable git builds do:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade xbmc

This should take care of your queries to best of my knowledge...

Now its up to you...

BTW that is run is terminal, presuming you know what terminal is and how to access XBMC via SSH.
X3lectric Wrote:@ Hudson_Hawk04
BTW that is run is terminal, presuming you know what terminal is and how to access XBMC via SSH.

I won't lie, I have only done something like that a couple of times but not with XBMC. Don't worry though, I will search to make sure I do it right. If I remember correctly a program that goes by the name of Putty should assist me in doing so. Thanks for the info.
correct, putty will get you a terminal/shell via ssh.
Been busy but finally got around to running those commands via ssh and same issue. I created a video that might better explain the issue...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKLqxR8G6Sg
can you post your xorg.conf into a pastebin, Im not entirely sure why this is caused, could be a bad cable or could be a setting issue, very odd.
X3lectric Wrote:can you post your xorg.conf into a pastebin, Im not entirely sure why this is caused, could be a bad cable or could be a setting issue, very odd.

Code:
Section "Device"
        Identifie "nvidia"
        Dive  "nvidia"
        Option  "NoLogo"              "tue"
        Option  "DynamicTwinView"     "false"
        Option  "NoFlip"              "false"
        Option  "FlatPanelPopeties" "Scaling = Native"
        Option  "ModeValidation"      "NoVesaModes, NoXSeveModes"
        Option  "UseDisplayDevice"    "DFP-1"
        Option  "ModeDebug"           "tue"
        Option  "HWCuso"            "false"
EndSection

Section "Sceen"
        Identifie      "sceen"
        Device          "nvidia"
        SubSection      "Display"
                Modes "1920x1080_60"
        EndSubSection

Hope I did that right/what you wanted.
Stu Pidaso Wrote:
Code:
Section "Device"
        Identifie "nvidia"
        Dive  "nvidia"
        Option  "NoLogo"              "tue"
        Option  "ModeValidation"      "NoVesaModes, NoXSeveModes"
        Option  "ModeDebug"           "tue"
        Option  "HWCuso"            "false"
EndSection

Section "Sceen"
        Identifie      "sceen"
        Device          "nvidia"
        SubSection      "Display"
                Modes "1920x1080_60"
        EndSubSection
Hope I did that right/what you wanted.

spot the bunch of typos

I also adde mostly default and required stuff.

should be something like:

Code:
Section "Device"
        Identifier "nvidia"
        Driver "nvidia"
        Option  "NoLogo"              "true"
        Option "ModeValidation" "NoVesaModes, NoXServerModes, NoVertRefreshCheck, NoHorizSyncCheck"
        Option "ModeDebug" "false"
        Option "HWCursor" "false"
EndSection
Section "Screen"
        Identifier "screen"
        Device "nvidia"
        DefaultDepth 24
        SubSection "Display"
            Option "ColorSpace" "YCbCr444"
            Depth 24
            Modes "1920x1080_60_0" "1920x1080_24"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
        Option "Composite" "false"
EndSection

Im surprised any of that worked at all...

please try the config I gave you instead.
I kind of wondered about that but I am still learning. That is after doing all the stuff I was told. I know how to open and view that (as you see) but how to I modify/save? I am using Putty to access.

Nevermind.
Got it modified and still same issue after reboot. As far as cables go I have tried different cables and have 2 different dongle adapters and both have same results.
ok so now thats modified, can you run this again

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=838...stcount=20

thers new drivers

also if try to have only one connection to the tv and htpc, ltes try fix this once in each device before moving to next.

to open a file like xorg you do

nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf

add all you need make sure there's no typos.

to save its ctrl + o to exit is xtrl + x

Again once you done taht try to only have TV connected to htpc until that is fixed...

thanks for being patient and persevering.
X3lectric Wrote:thanks for being patient and persevering.

Oh hell... THANK YOU for working with me. I have gone through that procedure again and same results. If it helps the resolution settings in XBMC are still not showing anything above 1280x768.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New build, color all wrong.0