• 11(current)
[RELEASE] XeeBo - Eden (PVR support)
Hey, just noticed that both full thumbnail wall views will not let me access the scroll bar or the right options menu. When navigating right it just keeps revolving.
Stranger Wrote:Hey, just noticed that both full thumbnail wall views will not let me access the scroll bar or the right options menu. When navigating right it just keeps revolving.

Ah, it seems like pieh's fix for this just missed Beta3. Rollback to v3.0.1 for now if you can't wait.
I noticed a bug where XeeBo sets movies to "watched" state and enables "hide watched" without my doing - resulting in the movie not being shown any more. Additionally we can't acces the options menu right now, so I have to change the skin, show watched movies again, switch back to XeeBo, ...
Btw: This happens quite often while adding or editing movies in the database. I did the same on Confluence and had no problem.

System: recent OpenELEC Nightly, XeeBo 3.0.4.
Hi Hitcher,
thanks for the PVR changes (adding timer and recording icons to the views and making the PVR menu a submenu of the main Live-TV menu).

Some more ideas:
- show a subtle and globally visible indication that a recording is going on (like now playing or something like that)
- add a options menu to the PVR section and move the following stuff there:
* switch EPG view/mode + current mode (or integrate it somehow else, where always visible)
* switch recordings view mode (+ adding other view modes ofc)
* switch channel group and/or list all groups (if more then one)
* EPG search
- maybe discrete alternating row colors in the EPG timeline view or highlight the current one
- show the number of recorded items on "folders" somewhere (so if more then one recording of the same show, like: "Bing Bang Theory (21)")
- maybe thumbnails of recorded shows?
- a "latest recordings" option for the home screen
- pressing the "e" key for the EPG view should hide the EPG again if already visible

Just some ideas I had - not sure if all make sense for everybody or really improve usability though. Pick what makes sense for you and fits your vision of Xeebo.
da-anda Wrote:- maybe discrete alternating row colors in the EPG timeline view or highlight the current one
- show the number of recorded items on "folders" somewhere (so if more then one recording of the same show, like: "Bing Bang Theory (21)")
- maybe thumbnails of recorded shows?
- a "latest recordings" option for the home screen
- pressing the "e" key for the EPG view should hide the EPG again if already visible

Are any of this things available on other skins?
da-anda Wrote:- maybe discrete alternating row colors in the EPG timeline view or highlight the current one

reFocus has this.
Hitcher Wrote:Are any of this things available on other skins?

Haven't tested many other skins and can't currently recall one having one of those features. So be the first one to give it a try if you like Smile As said - only ideas/suggestions anyway.
Hey Hitcher, I know you're currently more focused on the PVR thingy, but after my first evening with Xeebo, I found a few bugs:

ATV2 iOS 4.4.4 with Beta 3

1) In the main screen, when selecting any items and attempting to bring up the context menu, XBMC crashes
2) A little annoying: When customizing your own items and selecting an already customized item, it will delete the old one and start from scratch. This is kind of annoying if you only have an Apple TV remote available which makes customizing much more work intensive
3) I had a hard time trying to assign icons to the custom items - they just wouldn't show up!
Can you tell me anything about limitations regarding pictures that are used here?
4) When playing an album from the main screen (recently added albums), it seems to pick a random order for the tracks which I don't think it should, right?

Anyway, as I said earlier, it's really a brilliant skin! Cheers for that!
1. The context menu can't be used on the home screen of any skin

2. Well most items will get auto-filled after selecting the first to make it easier.

3. No limits - uses them same control type as any other skin.

4. Check you haven't got playlists on random.
Thanks Hitcher for your great work on this skin. Very nice and I install it on all my XBMC installations Smile. I just have a slight problem.

I can't get Cinema Experience to work properly with your skin. The Cinema button is just no where to be found and when I start a film, the film just starts. Cinema Experience just doesn't do anything.

I'm running pre-eden beta 3 with XeeBo nightly.
Info > Cinema button.
Hitcher Wrote:Info > Cinema button.

Not showing for me. I only get:
Code:
Play | Trailer | Cast | Refresh | Get Artwork | Close

It's working for me with Aeon though.
Damn it, when I removed the option to enable it I forgot to remove the condition to show it - fixed for next update.

In the meantime you can fix it easily by editing your guisettings.xml from

PHP Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.xeebo.EnableCinemaExp">false</setting

to

PHP Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.xeebo.EnableCinemaExp">true</setting
Thanks for your response Smile. No worries about it not working properly, but I was just surprised that it wasn't Smile.
I am having a weird instance were if I try to change the thumbnail artwork via "get artwork" menu item for either a movie or tv show then I am not able to browse that directory anymore and the only icon is the parent directory icon.

I also cannot browse the directory by going to the "files" menu. Removing and reading the source doesn't fix the issue either.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XeeBo - Eden (PVR support)2