PSU recommendation for 2600k/6950 rig
Hey guys,

I need a PSU recommendation for a 2600k & 6950 rig. They want to use multiple monitors including an HDTV so I figure it's worth getting a decent power supply but hopefully under $100. Found this one here on newegg Canada:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp...6817139028

Not sure if it's powerful enough.

Thanks,
borken link, hard to see what you mean...
I updated the link, sorry about that.
What I meant is that I don't want to cheap out on the PSU, especially since there may be 2 or 3 monitors hooked up to the rig at times.
You can't really go wrong per se with the Corsair power supplies, the one you linked should be more than sufficient. I'm running almost the same config as you (2500k, GTX570, 9 hard drives) and i peak at about 350W power usage so 600W should be just fine.

Also, the monitors/HDTV will not affect the power usage of the computer.
Shadowsoul Wrote:You can't really go wrong per se with the Corsair power supplies, the one you linked should be more than sufficient. I'm running almost the same config as you (2500k, GTX570, 9 hard drives) and i peak at about 350W power usage so 600W should be just fine.

Also, the monitors/HDTV will not affect the power usage of the computer.

Well that alleviates some of my concerns. I figured hooking up 3 monitors might affect the power usage of the video card not the PC itself, but I guess 600w is plenty anyway. Thx
that corsair is perfect!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PSU recommendation for 2600k/6950 rig0