Multi Site XBMC Setup Help
Question 
So i have a few questions and im wondering if XBMC is the right tool to use for this...

at the moment i have a HTPC with XBMC, it plays movies off my local NAS... works great

i also have a router set up with a VPN link to friends houses, they can see my XBMC uPnP server and my NAS and play my movies via either uPnP or SMB (where scraping works), however XBMC does not do transcoding and my link get saturated and the other sites streams start freezing...

so i installed TVersity (im having some multicast issues with uPnP and the WAN here but lets ignore that for a min) and i want to get this or any other transcoding product working with XBMC and scraped content...

im trying to get each site to build a list of movies available and scrape the movie data themselves as collecting it from my server is unlikely...

does anyone have any experience or ideas on how to get this working with XBMC and a separate transcoder?

would be nice to see XBMC do transcoding via uPnP and also deliver info via uPnP in such a way that another XBMC client could look up the movie...
In general uPnP sources can't be scraped to the library because the URLs for the media can change.

XBMC isn't intended as a server application and I doubt anyone would be interested in implementing transcoding.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi Site XBMC Setup Help0