[Request] Xfinity TV (Video)
Hi all, I just noticed that there is no Xfinity TV plugin yet so I decided to put in the request.

Xfinity TV (Comcast) is, as I'm sure you all know, one of the leading ISPs and TV providers, and Xfinity/Comcast customers can access a large selection of streaming video such as movies and tv shows once they login with a username and password.

This is a very similar concept to netflix and since there are great plugins like XBMC Flicks (Which I personally love) it would seem to me that this could be applied to Xfinity TV (possibly with minor tweaks to the XBMC Flicks script)

Let me know what you guys think, I'm sure I am not the only one who would want to have Xfinity streaming to my HTPC
digitaltomj Wrote:Hi all, I just noticed that there is no Xfinity TV plugin yet so I decided to put in the request.

Xfinity TV (Comcast) is, as I'm sure you all know, one of the leading ISPs and TV providers, and Xfinity/Comcast customers can access a large selection of streaming video such as movies and tv shows once they login with a username and password.

This is a very similar concept to netflix and since there are great plugins like XBMC Flicks (Which I personally love) it would seem to me that this could be applied to Xfinity TV (possibly with minor tweaks to the XBMC Flicks script)

Let me know what you guys think, I'm sure I am not the only one who would want to have Xfinity streaming to my HTPC

I second this request. Big Grin
I too would like to see this.
Shocked

I have been searching for a plugin like this one. Please tell us it's possible?
I am willing to donate a comcast email for this to be done
I did some research on this.

they use a mess of different streaming methods. It also use move media networks for many premium or hd content. move media stuff isnt playable in xbmc.

while they have limited content from comcast itself. most is embeddes from other sites like hulu and cbs so the playback code for that stuff is already written for xbmc.

I am not sure there will be much content gained in the end.
I was looking for the HD movies from HBO Sho and Starz
i would also like to be able to access this through xbmc. there actually is a lot to gain from this... while some of the content is from hulu, a lot of it is not, such as movies and tv shows from premium networks like hbo or sho or starz or encore, and from fx, amc, and more. it wouldnt be bad if a plugin was made, even where a person has to log in to their comcast account to access the content. this would especially be nice for linux users who cant watch the comcast(non-hulu) content because the plugin used is microsoft silverlight and moonlight just wont work for it. hope to see this soon, xbmc is so great and could be even better!
I agree w/chucky luciano and the others. Don't know if this might be more plausible with Eden now on the very near horizon, but there is quite a bit more "top notch" content even for those who don't have a subscription to hulu...it's definitely worth a look!
chucky_luciano: last i checked they all use "premium" content is was using DRM and can not be played in XBMC.

if they aren't using drm then i can write something for it.

A majority of their streams are really just hulu embeds.
Any update? Sounds interesting.
Bluecop, so far I have loved everything you've done for XBMC. Thanks to your freecable plugin I've been able to completely drop cable and its even user-friendly enough for my wife to use :-) The ESPN plugin is great as well, except recently ESPN decided to revoke some of my login rights which brings me to the reason for my request. For some reason ESPN stopped allowing me to watch anything but ESPN3 on your plugin as well as their WatchESPN app (so clearly it's nothing with the plugin). It gives me a message about this channel not being part of my subscription. However, I am able to sign into xfinity.comcast.net and watch the live feeds of ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU as I was able to before. Therefore, a plugin that would allow me to do this would be very useful and very much appreciated!!
I would be happy to supply a login to you if it would help.

(2013-01-10, 04:31)GRSteve Wrote: Bluecop, so far I have loved everything you've done for XBMC. Thanks to your freecable plugin I've been able to completely drop cable and its even user-friendly enough for my wife to use :-) The ESPN plugin is great as well, except recently ESPN decided to revoke some of my login rights which brings me to the reason for my request. For some reason ESPN stopped allowing me to watch anything but ESPN3 on your plugin as well as their WatchESPN app (so clearly it's nothing with the plugin). It gives me a message about this channel not being part of my subscription. However, I am able to sign into xfinity.comcast.net and watch the live feeds of ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU as I was able to before. Therefore, a plugin that would allow me to do this would be very useful and very much appreciated!!
I would be happy to supply a login to you if it would help.
I withdraw this request... they literally must have changed it yesterday as I watched the national championship game Monday using this, but just tried to tune in and I'm blocked there too. Must be a comcast thing. Thanks anyway!
p.s. - Sorry Irish fans.

Anything new on this? ESPN,ESPNU, CNN, Disney XD are all live streamable from my browser but it would be nice to be able to watch them through XBMC instead of having to exit out etc. Maybe this is something already available for this and I am unaware?
As for the Xfinity TV it seems like there have been a lot of changes to it where it seems like everything is within their own site now unlike where it used to redirect to Hulu... I wonder if a XBMCFlix type add-on would be possible now?
The shows I've looked at are still on hulu, just embedded better than they used to be. When I look at the rtmp streams they are hulu ones.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] Xfinity TV (Video)0