Sickbeard and Couchpotato
Can someone please explain to me how these work?

As far as I can gather, you enter in a TV show you want. It downloads all the episodes via newsgroups or torrents.
Couch Potato the same deal.

So, if I have a server which stores my files simply (using Windows 7 public share folder) and it has no screen or keyboard (its just on, sharing, available), then how could I control SB/CP?

I read that iphone apps are in production for them which would add the functionality to control what you download etc. I feel like I'm missing something though and would love if someone could elaborate on SB/CP and other programs available.

P.S. I'm on Mac OSX.
SB and CP are controlled via a web browser. you set them up on your server and then you are able able to control them via any browser. I also recommend using mediafrontpage which allows you to put all the apps you want on one page and control them.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
1) so do I have to access them through my server? or is it account based so I can logon on through my laptop/htpc and organise what is downloaded to the server? i can't see a login picture on the website. :S

2) also, i've been reading up on usenet itself. some people say to get your ISP's newsnet server and use that. other say pay 10$ a month (i'm in the UK.. are US ones ok for me?) and use that (?).

3) finally, I move from home to university. is one usenet account enough for me to use when at uni and home?
1) No, you can access them from any browser, providing you know the ip( local for internal and wan for external) and port used by sickbeard. You can find the port used in the configuration. You can also setup a user/pass here if needed.

2) I'm in Ireland, most Usenet providers have both us and European based servers. I use astraweb.

3) Yes one Usenet is OK to use, providing both ips are not trying to access the same server simultaneously.
omg wow!

so I can install SB on my home windows PC with 10TB of space; and then go on my macbook (with no SB installed), type the server address into safari and schedule my downloads for TV shows?

thank you very much so far for your help if i've understood everything correctly. looks like all i really need is a server which can support CP + SB whilst streaming my information everywhere? any reccomendations if you use one for a server?
aoaaron Wrote:omg wow!

so I can install SB on my home windows PC with 10TB of space; and then go on my macbook (with no SB installed), type the server address into safari and schedule my downloads for TV shows?

thank you very much so far for your help if i've understood everything correctly. looks like all i really need is a server which can support CP + SB whilst streaming my information everywhere? any reccomendations if you use one for a server?

Yes. I have a headless (no screen) Ubuntu linux server with my videos running SickBeard and CouchPotato, which download through SABnzbd. Here's a good tutorial. I'm sure a windows tutorial is available too.

SickBeard and CP need to "hook into" SAB to download the files, so there is some configuration involving folders and API keys, but nothing too hard.

I use my Macbook to control them by going to "ServerIPaddress:9090".
Thank you boys!

Is there a way to schedule movie downloads from my iPhone to those programs without being on the same wifi connection. Now THAT would be awesome!
aoaaron Wrote:Thank you boys!

Is there a way to schedule movie downloads from my iPhone to those programs without being on the same wifi connection. Now THAT would be awesome!

I believe there is a iphone app being developed for couch potato. Search for it.
Here is the link http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104824
rflores2323 Wrote:Here is the link http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104824

That's awesome! I didn't know there was an app in development! I take it this will be only through Cydia since I can't imagine Apple approving ANYTHING like this.
can you not log onto the site using ur iphones?
avus m3 Wrote:That's awesome! I didn't know there was an app in development! I take it this will be only through Cydia since I can't imagine Apple approving ANYTHING like this.

Yes I think its going to go thru cydia. I am not sure.. follow that thread and ask in there. Im a android user so dont follow the apple stuff to much except for the atv2 stuff since I have two of those.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sickbeard and Couchpotato0