PVR Development on hiatus/vacation?
Dushmaniac, are you taking a well-earned break from developing on the PVR or are there some design decisions that need to be worked out before you continue development?

I saw on another thread (I can't remember which) that other XBMC developers were looking to integrate PVR stuff into the main video database instead of adding an extra tab/add-on to the XBMC interface. Is that why development has paused?

I also want to thank you for your work on the PVR up to this point and to let you know that I made a donation not too long ago because I really liked the work that you were doing on the PVR project, and that while the PVR still might not be ready for mainline integration, I have it up and running in a way that I was able to teach my girlfriend (who isn't the most tech-savvy person in the world) to use. I also think, in Europe and other places with mostly free, over the air TV, that the PVR adds a lot to XBMC and makes a really attractive media player software to recommend to people for STBs (if it were a little easier to set-up and find preconfigured boxes with remote and dvb included).
He may just be busy with the amount of work required. There is a non-trivial amount of work required to get branch up-to-date with trunk. There have been some changes to linux event handling which impact a lot of the addon call back classes which are only in PVR. I tried to do a merge myself, but what I ended up with compiled but wasn't very stable. This is an addition to any ongoing features he's been working on.

Of course, his last activity on github was only around 6/21, so it could just be a vacation.
or maybe Mrs Dushmaniac has put her foot down !?!?!?!?
Laugh
Sorry, but I've been busy with a lot of things lately and didn't have much time left to spend on pvr. I've done another merge from mainline xbmc yesterday, fixed it up a bit and pushed a new build to the ppa. It'll probably have a couple of issues that I'll fix over the next two weeks. So please, if you are experiencing any (new) issues with this build, let me know via trac.

About merging pvr with mainline: there are indeed a couple of non-trivial things that'll have to be done before it's ready to be merged, so don't hold your breath if you're waiting for that merge.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Development on hiatus/vacation?0