Database Values for Video and Audio Codecs
I am upgrading from Dharma 10.1 to the XBMCSetup-20110707-185eb81-master nightly build. This required an update of my library databases.

I have searched and looked at the include code trying to find what database values correspond to the video and audio codec icons.

I found http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=InfoLabels and most of them worked, except PCM Audio.

Can someone please tell me where to look or what the valid database domains are for these?

Thank you!
Should I post this question in another forum?

I put it here because I'm using Confuence...
If your wondering why no codec image pops up for pcm audio it could very well be the skin does not have one. If you can find me an sample file with that type of audio I can check
I'm happy too.

Do you mean a sample graphic file or a movie with a PCM soundtrack?

I appreciate your help!
well both would be good but I really meant the pcm sound track it only has to be short sample and at least if you have a graphic I can make one look like an official logo
Here are links to 2 files ftp://ftp.scigis.com/guyintulsa/xbmc/pcm_logos.zip and ftp://ftp.scigis.com/guyintulsa/xbmc/pcm_blu-ray.zip.

Logos contains a few I've seen. My preference is the PCM/Audio one. But I included several for you to choose from.

Blu-ray contains a chapter from a PCM 5.1 encoded Blu-ray movie. It's about 850MB. I'm not sure I have software that can extract something smaller than a chapter. If it's too big I'll see what I can do.

I've always used "pcm" as the database value to indicate a PCM encoded soundtrack.

Thanks again!
Added today thanks for the sample helps lots. Obviously though the change only effects confluence and only newer versions
Jezz_X Wrote:Added today thanks for the sample helps lots. Obviously though the change only effects confluence and only newer versions

I downloaded the latest nightly and your addition works perfectly!

Thank you the prompt action and great work.

I have created contact sheets for the icons you've used in Confluence.

Aspect Ratios - ftp://ftp.scigis.com/guyintulsa/xbmc/XBM...Ratios.pdf
Audio Codecs - ftp://ftp.scigis.com/guyintulsa/xbmc/XBM...Codecs.pdf
Lists - ftp://ftp.scigis.com/guyintulsa/xbmc/XBM..._Lists.pdf
Video Codecs - ftp://ftp.scigis.com/guyintulsa/xbmc/XBM...Codecs.pdf

I hope someone finds them useful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Database Values for Video and Audio Codecs0