AppleTV2 Help!
Hi

I want to buy an apple tv to stream movies, tv shows and watch ustvnow. I was wondering if it is possible to unstall xbmc on appletv2 and if it supports the night skin, and if i would be able to stream avi vidoes from my laptop or not?

Thank you soooo much for all your help! Smile
brad1823 Wrote:Hi

I want to buy an apple tv to stream movies, tv shows and watch ustvnow. I was wondering if it is possible to unstall xbmc on appletv2 and if it supports the night skin, and if i would be able to stream avi vidoes from my laptop or not?

You can download the XBMC onto the Apple TV via Jailbreak. As far as I know Night Skin is not available for the current stable XBMC IOS build. You can add tv stream plugins to the XBMC and also can add your home video library from your laptop to play through the XBMC
CinemaPat Wrote:You can download the XBMC onto the Apple TV via Jailbreak. As far as I know Night Skin is not available for the current stable XBMC IOS build. You can add tv stream plugins to the XBMC and also can add your home video library from your laptop to play through the XBMC

So will it make a difference if I'm streaming an avi file to the apple tv because as far as I know its not supported in itunes.
brad1823 Wrote:So will it make a difference if I'm streaming an avi file to the apple tv because as far as I know its not supported in itunes.

You will be streaming through XBMC (technically) so the limitations are not there.
CinemaPat Wrote:You will be streaming through XBMC (technically) so the limitations are not there.

Thank you for your help Smile
brad1823 Wrote:Hi

Yes, you can install XBMC on AppleTV2. Lots of information in the Jailbreak FAQ.

Not sure about the skin, the devs are more focused on functionality than cosmetics at this point so even if it did run the performance may not be ideal.

Cosmetics aside, the atv2 is hard to beat in terms of cost/size/efficiency/noise... and there's no telling what Apple will add next... Netflix/Youtube/Movies/TV/Airplay were nice additions... decent chance it'll play iOS games some day... a good deal for $99US.
The Night skin is available for the ATV2. It is the only one I've been running since February. It is not the quickest but you can barely notice any lag.
Discreet Wrote:The Night skin is available for the ATV2. It is the only one I've been running since February. It is not the quickest but you can barely notice any lag.

is this available fro Pre-Eden?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV2 Help!0