IR receiver for Harmony use?
Looking to get an IR receiver so I can use my not-yet-purchased Harmony remote with it.

Will any cheapo IR receiver work, or do you need to buy a certain one?
Flirc.tv's USB IR Receiver
eskro Wrote:Flirc.tv's USB IR Receiver

Hmm.. aren't you then using flirc software or something?

If I just get any IR receiver to pass commands on to the system, I could set up the Harmony to work just as the original Windows MCE Remote did.. no?
well yes, under windows, any IR Receiver will do....
eskro Wrote:well yes, under windows, any IR Receiver will do....
don't think so.. most will, but i have one at home that will only work with the remote it was sold with.. I have a harmony 880 and hp ir receiver that works well.. you can find them on ebay for under $20 (the hp receiver that is).
bigbw Wrote:don't think so.. most will, but i have one at home that will only work with the remote it was sold with.. I have a harmony 880 and hp ir receiver that works well.. you can find them on ebay for under $20 (the hp receiver that is).

It's this thing, right?

How does the pair work for you? Do you have lag?
Yep as the photo shows. Just got one recently (and remote) off ebay.. Laugh

Model OVU400102/71 (IR Receiver) Nod

and it works with my Harmony 650

These are quite massive! (9 cm wide) compared to my Chinese 'PC Remote' version. The other thing is that a red light shows on the IR receiver when receiving signal..
Digital Vortex Wrote:Yep as the photo shows. Just got one recently (and remote) off ebay.. Laugh

These are quite massive! (9 cm wide) compared to my Chinese 'PC Remote' version. The other thing is that a red light shows on the IR receiver when receiving signal..

It looks like there are two models...
OVU400103/00 http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-Media-Center-IR-I...2649wt_820
OVU400102/71 http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-Media-Center-IR-I...336656c75f

Any idea on the differences or anything? Looks like you have the 2nd. Looks like the first might be newer?
Digital Vortex Wrote:Yep as the photo shows. Just got one recently (and remote) off ebay.. Laugh

I just got mine today, I find the red light mighty annoying..
fional Wrote:I just got mine today, I find the red light mighty annoying..

Is the red light the RECEIVER portion? Maybe you can just cover that part in tape?
Kaitlyn2004 Wrote:Is the red light the RECEIVER portion? Maybe you can just cover that part in tape?

I'm going to unscrew it and break the LED Tongue They have 2 wee little screws on the bottom.
fional Wrote:I'm going to unscrew it and break the LED Tongue They have 2 wee little screws on the bottom.

Ooh! That works too! Smile Might keep that in mind... mine has shipped!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IR receiver for Harmony use?0