xmbc-pvr + tvheadend = no crystalhd
cHD needs extradata provided in order to get used. PVR streams don't do that at the moment. Quite a while ago I was working on that but postponed work because got no feedback. I don't have a cHD card myself. Does anybody want to try this? The version is outdated but should do for a test:

https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/commits/pvr/
Will this fix atv2 inability to play streams from TVHeadEnd H264 in hardware?
I hope so but have not been able to try myself.
Anyway I can test?
Is davilla aware that this might fix it on the atv2/ios branch?
This prototype of a fix is quite outdated. At the time I did this I discussed with davilla. cHD needs information currently not provided by pvr. This patch uses ffmpeg parser to get required data out of raw stream.
I have almost forgotten this patch and I think davilla does not have it in mind either.
Do you have any recommendation as how to bring this up again?

Currently, I'm using TVHeadEnd as a backend for all my XBMCs (1 IOS, 3 ATV2).
Now, for the ION VDPAU gets used, even if some information is missing from the stream (such as the resolution).
On the ATV2 on the other hand, it keeps complaining that avCC is missing or too small and vtb (VideoToolBox I guess) cannot be opened, it then reverts to ffmpeg (software) which cannot decode it fast enough due to the ATV2 hardware and skips like hell...

Give me a direction Smile
FernetMenta Wrote:cHD needs extradata provided in order to get used. PVR streams don't do that at the moment. Quite a while ago I was working on that but postponed work because got no feedback. I don't have a cHD card myself. Does anybody want to try this? The version is outdated but should do for a test:

https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/commits/pvr/

Been a long long time since I have been able to test this patch FernetMenta. Got sidetracked last fall when I was going to test your branch. I've got my atv with chd and lucid all ready for the test. I'll report some results when I get the pvr branch installed.
Is there any update on this? I am running the latest Openelec beta on my appletv. Using mythtv BE .25 and the myth PVR plugin on appletv - HD channels bring it to its knees. It is not using the cHD card.
I would also like to knew that if the CHD will be supported in TVheadend and Frodo.
Any update on this? Seems like the HD mpeg2 streams are also too much for it to handle with out the CHD card. I can record the HD stream and then play it back as it uses the CHD but no live TV.

Only problem with play back is the CHD has about 5 seconds of sound before the video is displayed
can you provide a debug log of this situation where chd won't work. i thought fernetmenta's changes would have fixed this issue, and it works for other hw decoders
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Hmm, ok. It would be great if it could play HD TV streams on the fly with Crystal HD. I've read that there isn't enough info in the stream for hardware decoders to decipher, or something like that. This is the thread I red up on and seems to be inconclusive http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109390&page=3

I will get the logs tomorrow of it trying to play an HD stream as I'm away this evening. Should I set TVHeadend to record to MKV container? The TV streams are all MPEG2. From my limited knowledge it seems like CHD is wanting an MKV container or perhaps more like H.264 encoded streams. It's an AppleTV 1 with Openelec on it so am curious as to whether it will have enough grunt to change the container from MPEG2 to MKV on the fly. I've also set it to auto deinterlace

Have you got another link to FernetMenta's changes? I saw his github, but I'm not a developer so it's a bit hard for me to follow

Cheers,
Andy
Are there any news on this topic? Could someone please explain the actual situation. Thanks.

Regards
Vlaves
The situation is as per the thread.

A live TV stream is not decoded by the CrystalHD card, but if I record the stream and then play it back the CrystalHD decodes the video. My old install of Openelec has been wiped and I'm in the process of installing it again, however I seem to have the old issue of the video freezing for about 20 seconds when I start playing the video, audio is playing and eventually video catches up. A separate issue which I want to get fixed first before sorting the PVR issue, so don't want to get off topic
Since TVHeadend 3.4 Clients can now request normalised timestamps (will also ensure stream begins on I-frame). Would this bring the needed functionality to feed the CHD Card with the stream?

Thanks for any Information.

Regards
Vlaves

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xmbc-pvr + tvheadend = no crystalhd0