AMD E-350 vs Celeron SU2300
Hey,

I've narrowed my choices down to these two, which is better (faster and more stable, don't really care about power consumption) to be used only for XBMC (live probably)?

Zotac Zbox AD02:
apu: Zacate E-350
gpu: AMD Radeon™ HD 6310

or

Zotac Zbox HD-ND22
apu: Celeron SU2300
gpu: Nvidia ION

Thanks in advance!
E350 is supporting bitstreaming and directx11 and intel isn't. Besides, the platform is very complete with featues also while having half the TDP.

But the celeron combo is a good choice also. It is easier to get everything up and running in Linux thnx to the Nvidia GPU.

It all depends on your budget and preferences: they are both are capable of running 1080p content with ease.
Robotica Wrote:E350 is supporting bitstreaming and directx11 and intel isn't. The platform is verty complete with featues also.

But the celeron combo is a good choice also. It all depends on your budget and preferences..

Thank you. If I'm not mistaken xbmc don't support bitstreaming yet and there's no ETA (so will probably take at least a couple of months, right)? What's the advantage of using dx11 in xbmc?
in Linux: nothing.
in windows: future proof.

about bitstreaming: Gnif (and others) did a lot of work and the software(AE: audio engine) is getting close to be included...
Robotica Wrote:in Linux: nothing.
in windows: future proof.

about bitstreaming: Gnif (and others) did a lot of work and the software(AE: audio engine) is getting close to be included...

Thanks again Smile

Here the two alternatives are the same price, so basically nothing speaks for the ND22?
reta Wrote:Thanks again Smile

Here the two alternatives are the same price, so basically nothing speaks for the ND22?
one thing speaks for ND22:
It is easier to get everything up and running in Linux thnx to the Nvidia GPU.

If you want best bang for your bucks e-350 is the choice. In that case, you're better off to start with using win7 and switch to linux once Eden is released..
I vote for the ND22, especially if you want to use Linux.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
MidnightWatcher Wrote:I vote for the ND22, especially if you want to use Linux.

please elaborate, considering everything mentioned above
e-350 + linux isnt the most stable at the moment,,,
some have it working but it might give you terrible headaches,,,

best bet is like said, stick with Nvidia video for LInux,,,

So i have to vote for the ND22..

Specially if you dont need to bitstream/passthough 7.1 HD-Audio
to your Audio/Video Receiver to decode,,,
eskro Wrote:e-350 + linux isnt the most stable at the moment,,,

Alright, I will have 5.0 soon but have been using stereo for quite some time now so it will still be a nice upgrade and that extra step to bitstream maybe ain't worth it for someone like me, even when it's supported in XBMC.

Also, I want Live on ubuntu rather than using windows but I'm really bad at linux, so I might go with the ND22 which I actually initially wanted, you guys seem to think it's a lot less hassle.

Oh, by the way, are the XBMC Freak livecd's any good?
eskro Wrote:e-350 + linux isnt the most stable at the moment,,,

indeed, there are no arguments. In fact, you are talking like a parrot without actually owning/using a E-350, right? Yes, it will take some skills to set everything up under Linux (only for now because very soon that is equal to Nvidia/Intel) but that isn't a buying argument anymore since problems will soon be history. Arguments are specs, price and performance and E-350 wins on all 3 of them.

Next, E-350 + Linux is rock stable once setup. Like most people here, you are spreading FUD regaring AMD & E-350. Stop doing that and stop giving wrong advise.

If you like to try Linux with E-350 try this: http://www.openelec.tv/component/k2/item...ices-added

You will have it up and running within minutes. It is playing everything I throw at it. Heck, even less framedrops than ION2.
Robotica Wrote:indeed, there are no arguments. In fact, you are talking like a parrot without actually owning/using a E-350, right? Yes, it will take some skills to set everything up under Linux (for now) but that isn't a buying argument anymore since problems will soon be history. Next, E-350 + Linux is rock stable once setup. Like most people here, you are spreading FUD regaring AMD & E-350. Stop doing that and stop giving wrong advise.

If you like to try Linux with E-350 try this: http://www.openelec.tv/component/k2/item...ices-added

You will have it up and running within minutes. It is playing everything I throw at it. Heck, even less framedrops than ION2.

Nice, didn`t know they were so close to a finished product, what Fusion mobo do you have (UEFI or BIOS) ?
I started with the ASUS mobo and now I have a HP netbook. Both UEFI...

Both capable of running VM, SATA600, 1333 mhz mem and ASUS runs passive and also has USB3.
Thx, i have the AsRock E350M1 model, i`m gonna test it out today, if only i can find my USB thumb drive, and get back here with the results Smile.
One reason to go with the ND22 is that it will probably perform better with heavy sins like Aeon MQ2. Skin performance is a somewhat subjective thing. Some say that the E-350 is fine for heavy skins yet others say it's sluggush. I have an E-350 but I don't run Aeon MQ2 so I cannot comment about how I see it. I do know that the ND22 has >50% more processing power than the E-350, but the E-350 has more GPU power than the ND22. If all you are going to do is run XBMC on this HTPC then the only real benefit to going with the E-350 is the ability to bitstream, it uses less power, and it's cheaper. The donwside is you might not like it's performance with heavy skins.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMD E-350 vs Celeron SU23000