• 2(current)
play Bluray iso with xbmc
Hi,

seems to be a good tutorial for including an external player. I will try this the next few days and track back here!

THX!
If you're interesting in external ArcSoft TMT5 and MPC-HC for your XBMC, here are two options and it can be edited for other players too:

playercorefactory.xml (you need to change this directory ( <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>)
advancedsettings.xml (you need to change this directory (<filename>C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>)
I must be messing up because i can't get it to work for me Sad

I can mount and play the ISO outside of XBMC but when I try the ISO in XBMC it does not start or gives me a playback error.

Any suggestions??

I've double checked all my bat, xml, virtual drive and even downloaded the MPC (since like the OP I use PowerDVD 9). Unlike the above where he got errors, i am not ( except for a failed playback -check the log <---- which I am not sure where it is). It won't even attempt to mount and start the external player.

EDIT: I did want to edit and say that I did not find the location for the playercorefactory in the same location you described (if that makes a difference). I did find it in the XBMC program file folder
well, I will answer my own question and say that it does make a difference. Did a search and found the described folder and got XBMC to fire. The problem now is that PowerDVD fires regardless if the files were corrected for use with the MPC. back to the drawing board. It seems that when the iso mounts that it fires the PowerDVD automatically. Checked the settings on it and PowerDVD and can't figure it out.
Here are my latest test and updates. I removed the third line of the batch file and everything works great. It seems that the movie was being unmounted before it had time to load up properly. Is there a hard delay that could be programmed there so to unmount on completion (watch or full stop)??

problem i am encountering is that I have a mounted movie and trying to mount another, if I switch from one movie to another (or so I think). Using PowerDVD as I am currently unable to make it load with MPC
Here is guide to playback ISO with external player:

1. Download XBMC
2. Install xbmc-10.1
3. Run XBMC
4. Close XBMC
5. Copy the file in the link to "Notepad": playercorefactory.xml (you need to change this directory to the correct media player directory on your PC ( <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>) or (if you want to use PowerDVD, you can replace TMT5 with PowerDVD)
6. Save the file in the "Notepad" as "playercorefactory.xml" to "C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata"
7. Download Virtual CloneDrive
8. Mount ISO movies using Virtual CloneDrive
9. Run XBMC
10. Add Source
11. Type in source address in browser address bar- C:\Users\Dell\Desktop\Blu-Ray (this is the folder where you save your ISO movie files)
12. Open the folder and select the ISO movie.
13. Enjoy it!
Killus3 Wrote:DONE!!!it's ok!!

now I have another problem...Now xbmc play files with .mkv extension with powerdvd and try to mount this file as a iso bluray following the .bat...why?

I'm sure isn't "bluray" word in directory path of the mkv file...

getafix Wrote:mmm, I have noticed that as well.

It might be something with the playercorefactory.xml file.

Let me look into it - as I also need to resolve this for myself.

This is my playercorefactory.xml file :

Quote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\FOR_XBMC\BATCH_FILES\PlayIso.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*bluray.*" player="PowerDVD"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

what's the dot before word "bluray" in the rule filename?

I have an idea...but I don't know is possible....Is possible create a rule in this xml that set to mkv file played by xbmc with his player default?

My bluray iso's have this directory path:

E:\BD

For example:

E:\BD\Unknow-Senza.identità.bluray.iso

My mkv films have this directory path:

E:\BD\Movie1\movie1.mkv

for example:
E:\BD\Che bella giornata\Che.Bella.Giornata.mkv
Since you are using PowerDVD as an external player, here are your codes:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="iso" player="PowerDVD">
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

"<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD.exe</filename>" You can change this line to the correct directory on your PC.

"<rule filetypes="iso" player="PowerDVD">" If you want PowerDVD to play everything (iso, mkv, m2ts, avi, etc), you can replace iso with *.*
bluray Wrote:<rule filetypes="iso" player="PowerDVD">

But so will play with PowerDVD al iso files...or no?and I don't want this.
Because I have DVD films in iso and I want see this with playerDVD default of XBMC...and iso's bluray with PowerDVD..

How I can to do it?

edit:
Killus3 Wrote:Now xbmc play files with .mkv extension with powerdvd and try to mount this file as a iso bluray following the .bat...why?

I'm sure isn't "bluray" word in directory path of the mkv file...

Now XBMC do it same with m2ts file...

Is possible create a rule to exclude mkv and m2ts from PlayIso.bat?

When I play a mkv or m2ts film XBMC starts PlayIso.bat and try to mount with VCD the mkv or m2ts file and I have an error and isn't possible mount the film because isn't a iso.

With bluray iso works perfectly!!!!and play it with PowerDVD very well!!
For anyone running into the same problem (i.e. the .bat would not wait for the player to terminate before moving to the next program line), I got the problem to resolve by creating a batch file for each of the individual processes and linked those together. Now it works like a charm. only thing I wish the process would do is to stay on XBMC while loading the external player instead of showing the desktop (momentarily)

P.S. I really believe that my problem reside in the fact that executing the VCD of the ISO triggers the player, which becomes inactivated by the executing of the next process (starting the player), bur since the player becomes inactivated it (at least momentarily) it allows the PlayISO batch file to proceed to the next line which unmounts the file Sad

A little more research and I may find an easier work around. In any case Thanks to the guide
Killus3 Wrote:But so will play with PowerDVD al iso files...or no?and I don't want this.
Because I have DVD films in iso and I want see this with playerDVD default of XBMC...and iso's bluray with PowerDVD..
What PowerDVD do you own? I don't own it, but I tried PowerDVD 11. It can playback iso. I replaced my PowerDVD 9 with ArcSoft TotalMedia 5. TMT5 playback BD iso, m2ts, mkv, avi, bd-rom, etc. I did this- <rule filetypes="*.*" player="PowerDVD"> It playback everything in my BD folders that I threw at it so far!
bluray Wrote:What PowerDVD do you own? I don't own it, but I tried PowerDVD 11. It can playback iso. I replaced my PowerDVD 9 with ArcSoft TotalMedia 5. TMT5 playback BD iso, m2ts, mkv, avi, bd-rom, etc. I did this- <rule filetypes="*.*" player="PowerDVD"> It playback everything in my BD folders that I threw at it so far!

I have PowerDVD 11 too...and I actually use it to play BD iso into XBMC with the script called PlayIso.bat that I have posted before.

I have the bat that mount with VCD the BD iso and play it with PowerDVD11.

But I wan't play mkv, m2ts, avi, with PowerDVD..and when I play this files XBMC starts the script bat that mount this files with VCD and I wan't it. I want play this with DVDplayer default of XBMC not with PowerDVD...

I have my BD iso's in a folder and my mkv and m2ts in another folder.

Specially I want it:

BD iso --> mount with VCD and play with PowerDVD
mkv,m2ts, DVD iso, ecc... ---> play with player default od XBMC.

But I don't know how to do it.
Killus- please use the guide from post #21 and you need to replace the instruction #5 in post #21 with <playercorefactory> codes from post #23. you should be able to playback iso with external player (which is powerdvd 11) and other bd files (m2ts, mkv, avi, etc) with xbmc.
alright guys,
i got mine all working with PowerDVD 10
here is my code

PlayIso.bat (had to delete the last line to keep it from unmounting)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 "%1"
choice /T 5 /D y > nul
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD10\PowerDVD10.exe" "D:\BDMV\index.object"

playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\FOR_XBMC\BATCH_FILES\PlayIso.bat </filename>
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD10\PowerDVD10.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="iso" player="PowerDVD">
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Keep in mind that it will play all iso. Make sure all iso name does not have a space. example movie_name.iso and not movie name.iso this include the root folder or any subfolders the iso's are in

you dont have to unmount the iso everytime. it eill automatically mount a new one overwriting the last mount.

It will not interfere with other file extention. MKV, MP4, AVI... willall use the internal player.

hope this helps
Now it works....also if I must press "C" on keyboard and select "play with PowerDVD" to see bluray iso...but it's ok at end! Smile

So I can play with internal XBMC's player the DVD iso's, mkv and another type of files.And when I want see bluray iso film I select "play with PowerDVD" then start the automount of VCD and starts PowerDVD! Smile
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
play Bluray iso with xbmc0