Make XBMC run smoother
  • Use an SSD instead of a standard HDD
  • Use 2GB RAM
  • Disable/remove all unnecessary background services
  • Install the latest nVidia drivers
  • Use XBMC Live if possible
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Does anyone know about an ion hack. Googling it brings up info that you can increase performance. Will that work in my case?
2GB of RAM is plenty, I'd say make sure DXVA is enabled, turn on GPU assisted FanArt decoding and try one of the latest nightly builds and enable dirty regions.
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
Does anyone understand much about the ion hack? Will it work on my revo?
what ion hack? I have a Ion and despite having researched and worked on fixes and tweaking various aspects, what you say as a hack is vague to say the least. SO can you post a link to which hack you refer to.

if its about the ION LE hack then it has nothing to do with ION gen 1 which includes revos and such.
Yeah I was talking about the ion le hack. Sorry I wasn't more specific but I knew little about it myself. You say it is not for revo's? Why is that?

http://forums.boxee.tv/showthread.php?t=15848

Does this have any relevance?
Revos R3610 ARE ION not ION LE a example of a Revo ION LE is Revo 1600 single core.

here's the difference between ION and ION LE (not much really but enough?

Now if Your revo is ION no need to do any hacking. Its along the lines if it isn't broke don't fix it.

Capisce?
Lol! I hear you! Thanks.
I cant blame you for looking for the "holy grail", everyone does.

glad I was able to clear that up for you.

cheers.
Wrooty Wrote:Yeah I was talking about the ion le hack. Sorry I wasn't more specific but I knew little about it myself. You say it is not for revo's? Why is that?

http://forums.boxee.tv/showthread.php?t=15848

Does this have any relevance?

You can overclock your revo to 1.8. Its easy. I do it.
Would you care to show me how?
Wrooty Wrote:Would you care to show me how?

Im on my ipod touch now. Google it or i can help later. You need to download the asrock oc tool. Add a ion.cfg file and you are good to go. There is a tutorial. I have the files if you cant find them. Let me know.
Do you know if this is possible on Ubuntu as I have changed back with thanks to x3lectric?
Wrooty Wrote:Do you know if this is possible on Ubuntu as I have changed back with thanks to x3lectric?

i know of only the Windows way. It's only a program that changes the FSB so I'm sure it can be done. Maybe you can find something like it on ubuntu.
Now, I'll serve as the devils advocate.

Despite the Acer and asrock Sharing a great deal and common hardware wise and being manufactured by same company (Pegratron), the Bioses are different in fact quite different...

If it is wise to use a tool from a completely different company made to work with their bioses and hardware tweaks, is this even wise for a marginal gain that will be hardly noticeable?

Not to mention Atom overclock can be done natively in the system bios without risky or potential damaging HACKS.

Like a wise man once said.

old wiseman Wrote:If it is not broken, don't fix it.

But if I had money to burn sure...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Make XBMC run smoother0