Micro stuttering with ION 152B
Hi to all, I need someone help me setting up XBMC for best view on my configuration.
I Have

- Asrock ION 152B as HTPC. this
- LG 47" 7800LE 100hz LED TV this
- Kenwood KRF-V6100D-S Amplifier with DTS support this
- XBMC 10.1 as media player on Windows 7 32 Bit

Asrock is connected to TV via HDMI 1.3 cable, and the TV pass trough the audio to the Kenwood amplifier via optical fiber cable.

Sometimes when I watch 1080/720 MKV BlueRay I experience micro stuttering, I tried to change some option as "Adjust display refresh rate to match video", "Sync playback to display" , "A/V sync method" set to Video Clock, but nothing change. My desktop refresh rate is set to 60hz. During reproducing of 1080p the CPU stay on 10%.

Witch of this optios are the best for my case ?

and why I can't set DXVA2 under "Allow hardware acceleration" menu, but only DXVA? (NOT TRUE, I HAVE IT, AND I CAN SELECT IT)

Why DTS Audio MKV are mute ? (I can coorrectly pass-through Dolby Digital 5.1 audio)

Thanks a lot guy, i read a lot of threads about this but can't solve my problems.
Ops... The option for DVXA2 is visible and enable, I was very tiered when I wrote that post.. :-) sorry..

I'm not experience frames drop, but some video sequence appears to be in "slow motion" , not so fluid..

CPU stay at 8 / 14% during 1080p play

Someone can help me ?
I have the same issue on a CULV Celeron /Nvidia Ion box.
Tonella Wrote:Hi to all, I need someone help me setting up XBMC for best view on my configuration.
I Have

- Asrock ION 152B as HTPC. this
- LG 47" 7800LE 100hz LED TV this
- Kenwood KRF-V6100D-S Amplifier with DTS support this

Asrock is connected to TV via HDMI 1.3 cable, and the TV pass trough the audio to the Kenwood amplifier via optical fiber cable.

Sometimes when I watch 1080/720 MKV BlueRay I experience micro stuttering, I tried to change some option as "Adjust display refresh rate to match video", "Sync playback to display" , "A/V sync method" set to Video Clock, but nothing change. My desktop refresh rate is set to 60hz. During reproducing of 1080p the CPU stay on 30%.

Witch of this optios are the best for my case ?

I was experiencing similar problems with my Dell Zino HD HTPC, when viewing 720p MKV files, but not standard def videos. I resolved it by changing the setting about "full fullscreen windowing rather than true fullscreen" (sorry, I'm not near my system to get the exact name). I unchecked that option and all my videos play smoothly now, even the 1080p ones.

Perhaps this is also your problem?
MikeLeone Wrote:I was experiencing similar problems with my Dell Zino HD HTPC, when viewing 720p MKV files, but not standard def videos. I resolved it by changing the setting about "full fullscreen windowing rather than true fullscreen" (sorry, I'm not near my system to get the exact name). I unchecked that option and all my videos play smoothly now, even the 1080p ones.

Perhaps this is also your problem?

Unchecked ? So you have the best performance in "real full screen mode" not in windowed mode
Tonella Wrote:Unchecked ? So you have the best performance in "real full screen mode" not in windowed mode

Correct. With windowed mode, my 720p MKVs did not play back at the correct frame rate. They never stopped then restarted, but you could tell that they were moving too slow. Using "real full screen", they played backed at the correct frame rate. So I unchecked that option (the default is checked).

My video is a nVidia ION, I believe. With an Athlon X2 CPU.
I tried, but nothing rerally changed

this are my log http://pastebin.com/wzUb3DPb
Video start at 17:50:55 T:780 M:1496526848

Need info for line

17:50:55 T:4032 M:1453670400 WARNING: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg:Big Grinecode - avcodec_decode_video didn't consume the full packet. size: 69, consumed: 0
17:50:55 T:2028 M:1453363200 WARNING: Previous line repeats 2 times.

17:54:08 T:1408 M:1444700160 ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPackets - failed to add leftover bytes to render

17:50:55 T:1408 M:1466208256 DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:4984.496164, should be:0.000000, error:-4984.49616
The only solution seems to be set desktop refresh rate to 24 hertz, but this give me bad desktop visualization (unfocused charaters, etc..)

Some other ideas ?
thx
I've had the same problems. Especially with 1080p / 720p 24hz playback. The following settings did the trick:

- Set your desktop to the normal 1080p resolution 60hz (or 50hz depending on where you live in Tongue)
- Set XMBC to use true fullscreen (So uncheck the checkbox)
- Vertical blank sync to always enabled
- Render method to autodetect
- Enable DXVA(2)
- Enable Adjust display refreshrate to match video (Important!)
- Enable Sync playback to display (Important!)
- Set AV Sync method to: Video clock (drop/dupe audio) (Important!)

Now play any movie / video. You will notice the audio is off. No problem, just set the delay to -200ms and set it for all video. You're all set now Smile
if I turn on this options I obtain worse result and more shuttering...

- Enable Adjust display refreshrate to match video (Important!)
- Enable Sync playback to display (Important!)
- Set AV Sync method to: Video clock (drop/dupe audio) (Important!)

some ideas ?
(I don't know if "stuttering" is the right word, my english is poor, but anyway I can't see my MKV fluid as i want)
- Asrock ION 152B as HTPC
- LG 47" 7800LE 100hz LED TV
- Kenwood KRF-V6100D-S Amplifier with DTS support

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Micro stuttering with ION 152B0