So, just interested in what i am seeing..
I am coming from a mac mini 09 model, running xbmc on 10.6

I have replaced it with an atv2. My thoughts being video would be fine and i could get a few quid back on ebay for the mini.

Now the trouble is, video play back although lovely and smooth, even 720p,is actually not up to much, its like every other pixal got ignored, or there is only 250 colours to play with or something. I guess this is a restriction of the low capability of the atv2?

Its really noticable in the darks, looked fantastic through my led tv on the mini, looks like i am blowing up thumbnails on the atv.

I just wonder if i am missing some settings, or is it the nightly or something?
xbmc.log or no soup.
Well it plays so smoothly I did not think there was a soup seasoning issue Smile

I have decided I moan to much. Video plays, I shut up.
garyi Wrote:Well it plays so smoothly I did not think there was a soup seasoning issue :)

I have decided I moan to much. Video plays, I shut up.

It doesn't sound normal and isn't happening on my own ATV2 right now, so it probably is something weird going on. the xbmc.log file might tell us what's going on. It could also be something weird between the ATV2 and the specific model of TV you have (weirder things have happened).

No worries on the "moaning"; XBMC is so great because those involved have such high standards for it :D
Ill get a log today. Even the skins look 'dumbed' down
garyi Wrote:Ill get a log today. Even the skins look 'dumbed' down

yea i would check cables or TV settings. My ATV2 is amazing. I see no quality difference between this and my linux based XBMC output.

Try it on a mates TV with a different cable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
So, just interested in what i am seeing..0