Skins problem
Sad 
Firstly I'm a total noob to this so I apologise before hand if this has been covered but ive went through the FAQ & about 10 pages of this section & can't find anything about it.

My problem is I don't have the skin repo on my atv2 and iPad 2. Below is a screenshot of the choices it gives me

I've tried ssh'ing numerous zip files (including a few different aeons & night etc) but every time it says something along the lines of "wrong dependancies" & "not proper structure".

I've had no problems installing zip plug ins.

Is this a known issue or is there anything I can do about it?

I've got the most up to date XBMC, atv2 & iPad 2 software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
OK I got help on this.

For alaska revisted you can download it directly then unzip it then stick it in XBMC via an ssh connection with something like cyberduck.

This worked fine then, although the ATV with anything approaching a complex skin is so slow as to be useless, the loading of thumbs is especially disappointing and infact I had to return to using conflunece.

the ATV2 is hitting eBay tonight. Technically (as usual) Davillia has hit the highs for skills, but sadly ATV2 in my house is very disappointing. So I shall return to my mini.
Thanks for that

Do you mean unzip it on the pc 1st? What folder would I put it in?

Are there any other skins you can do that with? I was preferably looking for aeon nox
You don't need to unzip it, just upload the zip file to your ATV2, put it in /var/mobile/ or somewhere you can see from the filesystem and then you go to install add-on from the ATV2 menu and select the zip file.
Also SLik and ZStream both seem to work ok, Aeon seemed extremely slow for me.
No, unzip the folder and install it into your adons folder manually.

If you just upload the zip then it says missing dependancies
Quartz is very snappy on Atv2. And compatible with both Dharma and nightly builds.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

garyi Wrote:OK I got help on this.

For alaska revisted you can download it directly then unzip it then stick it in XBMC via an ssh connection with something like cyberduck.

This worked fine then, although the ATV with anything approaching a complex skin is so slow as to be useless, the loading of thumbs is especially disappointing and infact I had to return to using conflunece.

the ATV2 is hitting eBay tonight. Technically (as usual) Davillia has hit the highs for skills, but sadly ATV2 in my house is very disappointing. So I shall return to my mini.

With dirty regions being worked in, you would be a fool to sell it now. We will be seeing drastic performance increases from that alone.
Manual skin (and other add-ons) I instructions: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=823821&postcount=2
Ned Scott Wrote:With dirty regions being worked in, you would be a fool to sell it now. We will be seeing drastic performance increases from that alone.

You are right - performance gains are noticeable even on my macbook pro, let alone slower systems. Dynaflash reported that Atv1 with Quartz and dirty regions on is quicker that Apple orig interface.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks to you all

Edit: ned Scott you're a legend, the manual way worked, thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skins problem0