Buffer...ing - Win7 & Dharma/Eden
Hey folks,
I'm running xbmc (10.1 and nightlies) on win 7 home pro, on a 2009 mac mini, pulling media from an UNRAID server via SMB.
I've always had problems with some HD files buffering at random points in the movie/tv show, so i finally got around to running a cat5 cable from the unraid server... and the problem is massively reduced (buffering pops up for 1/2 seconds rather than 8 or so), but still there.
A LAN speed says i'm getting write 135Mbps and read 85Mbps,
i've tried playing the files locally = no buffering
and finally, playing the same file in MPC-HC = no buffering

Is anyone else seeing this problem? any suggested solutions - besides using MPC as an external player?

http://pastebin.com/kfCFLQyX
are you connecting via wireless or direct line to the router
Star 
isamu.dragon Wrote:are you connecting via wireless or direct line to the router
"so i finally got around to running a cat5 cable from the unraid server... "

From the fact that you don't have these issues when the media is on the local system, it points at a networking issue. Try to clear this up by simplifying the set-up, just run the base skin Confluence.. put all your add-ons on hold and run in a window with a few CPU/GPU monitors with perhaps process explorer in the background keeping an eye for networking issues, when viewing a video .. the keyboard command 'O' to see how much effort is going on.. From the reported LAN speeds you're getting.. you shouldn't have issues.
Thumbs Up 
PatK Wrote:"so i finally got around to running a cat5 cable from the unraid server... "

From the fact that you don't have these issues when the media is on the local system, it points at a networking issue. Try to clear this up by simplifying the set-up, just run the base skin Confluence.. put all your add-ons on hold and run in a window with a few CPU/GPU monitors with perhaps process explorer in the background keeping an eye for networking issues, when viewing a video .. the keyboard command 'O' to see how much effort is going on.. From the reported LAN speeds you're getting.. you shouldn't have issues.

thanks for the suggestions - i tried a clean install of 10.1, ran in portable mode, and the buffering was still there. then tried a nightly from the 17th, in portable again, and BAM, no more buffering!
i'm re-scanning my library to see if its still ok with all that thrown in, and then i'll try re-enabling the only add on i use (trakt),

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffer...ing - Win7 & Dharma/Eden0