• 4(current)
script.module.urlresolver development
this is great project t0mm0 - i can see it could be used in watch it later in http://radbox.me/ addon, rss reader, etc

do You plan to move concrete resolvers to seperate modules (so you don't have to maintain all of them)?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
Have you seen this? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91675, it's seems to have a lot of url resolvers sorted.

archive, asx, bild, bronline, checkthisvid, dankfile, dataup, divxstage, duckload, ecostream, filebase, filestage, filezup, fullshare, hoster, kinode, loadedit, megavideo, moviemaze, movshare, mtv, myp2p, mystream, nba, novamov, qip, quickload, radiotime, rutube, screen4u, sharehoster, shoutcast, silverlight, skyload, southpark, stream2k, streamesel, tubeload, ustream,vidbux, videoweed, vidxden, xvidstage and zshare.

The source download link is in the last post.

Not sure how many are still working or how easy it will be to translate it into the new resolver. t0mm0, if you could try one out and give an example, I could work on the rest, or if anybody else wants to help they are more than welcome.

I started tvduck, but looking through it, it has too many links and most are megavideo. Plus far too many are dead, so it's a pain to find a working link, for testing and for it to be a usable addon. So I think I will try something else. Any suggestions? quicksilverscreen.im?
@ rogerthis

http://www.mrbrownee70.com
pieh Wrote:this is great project t0mm0 - i can see it could be used in watch it later in http://radbox.me/ addon, rss reader, etc
interesting idea...
pieh Wrote:do You plan to move concrete resolvers to seperate modules (so you don't have to maintain all of them)?
i'm not sure about this. i was thinking about allowing an addon to specify an additional plugin directory which i thought might be useful in testing, but i think the nice idea about keeping everything together is that once a plugin gets written it is automatically available to everyone.

if others are interested in maintaining stuff i'm sure we can spread the load.
rogerthis Wrote:Have you seen this? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91675, it's seems to have a lot of url resolvers sorted.

archive, asx, bild, bronline, checkthisvid, dankfile, dataup, divxstage, duckload, ecostream, filebase, filestage, filezup, fullshare, hoster, kinode, loadedit, megavideo, moviemaze, movshare, mtv, myp2p, mystream, nba, novamov, qip, quickload, radiotime, rutube, screen4u, sharehoster, shoutcast, silverlight, skyload, southpark, stream2k, streamesel, tubeload, ustream,vidbux, videoweed, vidxden, xvidstage and zshare.

The source download link is in the last post.

Not sure how many are still working or how easy it will be to translate it into the new resolver. t0mm0, if you could try one out and give an example, I could work on the rest, or if anybody else wants to help they are more than welcome.
ah. no i hadn't seen that - if i had i wouldn't have bothered writing this Sad
still i guess this is different in some ways.

looks like mostly you could start with the code from __getMediaLinkForGuest() and use that as a basis for get_media_url()
rogerthis Wrote:I started tvduck, but looking through it, it has too many links and most are megavideo. Plus far too many are dead, so it's a pain to find a working link, for testing and for it to be a usable addon. So I think I will try something else. Any suggestions? quicksilverscreen.im?

looks good!

thanks,

t0mm0
Also this module seems to have some of this in it too but I am unsure how to actually make it work!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95417

It might help you here as well?
reni10 Wrote:Also this module seems to have some of this in it too but I am unsure how to actually make it work!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95417

It might help you here as well?

it was never finished. this is the spiritual successor of that module - i was going to expand on that one, but decided it was easier to start from scratch and simplify it. see the various threads about videofalcon etc. unfortunately anarchintosh is no longer working on xbmc stuff.

t0mm0.

ps. please be patient with us developers, we only have limited free time available to work on this stuff. also note that while i appreciate the interest, this forum is for developers only:
Quote:Developers forum for Python Script and Plugin based Addons. Scripters/coders only! This forum is not for end-user to post feature requests, bugs, or support requests!
Hi chaps, I don't usually drop in on the development forums but thought I'd take a little look to see what's going on. Looks like you're making a lot of progress t0mm0, well done.

Now I guess you're already aware of this but incase you aren't there is a tvshack repo here. The last time I tried it I couldn't get it working but it may be of some use to you? Way back, the Vonage version was great - I used it all the time but the one on the repo looks as though people have been working on it up until fairly recently.
whufclee Wrote:Hi chaps, I don't usually drop in on the development forums but thought I'd take a little look to see what's going on. Looks like you're making a lot of progress t0mm0, well done.

Now I guess you're already aware of this but incase you aren't there is a tvshack repo here. The last time I tried it I couldn't get it working but it may be of some use to you? Way back, the Vonage version was great - I used it all the time but the one on the repo looks as though people have been working on it up until fairly recently.

thanks whufclee! maybe that will help if eldorado takes that on.

i've just done a big update to the docs to include most of a tutorial on building plugins for urlresolver. check it out here the rest is coming soon....

i hope it's useful to someone because it took ages to write Wink

thanks,

t0mm0.
Why reinvent the wheel when someone has already done the hard part for you? IMHO, it would be a good idea to support Navi-X processors. Here's a list of supported sites:
http://navix.turner3d.net/proc_list
Importing the processor interpreter from navi-x should be a trivial job.
Thanks t0mm0, as soon as I get a chance I'll take a proper look at that guide. I can't wait to get stuck into a bit of coding but testing for Craig's Mega-Repo over at xbmc4xbox forums and real life projects seem to be hindering that at the moment Rolleyes

Your other guide to making plugins has been a great help to me so I hope you've kept this one as basic as possible too Laugh
t0mm0 Wrote:ps. please be patient with us developers, we only have limited free time available to work on this stuff. also note that while i appreciate the interest, this forum is for developers only:

Understood! I am just pretty excited about what possibilities this will open up and want to help if I can but unfortunately I am not a python coder...

All I can offer is my thanks at the moment then it seemsSmile
ghizzu Wrote:Why reinvent the wheel when someone has already done the hard part for you? IMHO, it would be a good idea to support Navi-X processors. Here's a list of supported sites:
http://navix.turner3d.net/proc_list
Importing the processor interpreter from navi-x should be a trivial job.

there are a couple of reasons i can think of after a quick look at the site (although it's too late now anyway and there is no point in getting into a long discussion about it Wink)

navi-x does lost of unrelated stuff and so there is lots of code - urlresolver code is a lot simpler (probably because it doesn't do so much)

navi-x processors seem to run on that web site, not in the plugin? urlresolver doesn't depend on a third party website to be working.

navi-x processors are written in a weird language and the source code for the interpretor doesn't appear to be available (so you can't even improve it)- urlrsolver uses pure python so you don't need to learn something else (and you can do anything that is possible in python not just the tiny subset of commands available in navi-x).

navi-x doesn't appear to be able to support megaupload (i assume because it can't handle the delay or possibly logging in)

whufclee Wrote:Thanks t0mm0, as soon as I get a chance I'll take a proper look at that guide. I can't wait to get stuck into a bit of coding but testing for Craig's Mega-Repo over at xbmc4xbox forums and real life projects seem to be hindering that at the moment Rolleyes
i haven't been following developments over there for some time i'll have to check it out.
whufclee Wrote:Your other guide to making plugins has been a great help to me so I hope you've kept this one as basic as possible too Laugh

yes i have tried to make it as basic as possible, but welcome comments on how to make it easier to follow if you have any Wink

t0mm0
hi,

i've added the settings part of the plugin tutorial so that is pretty much done now - comments welcome!

i've tidied up the existing plugins to match the tutorial and do more error checking.

i've added two new plugins - megavideo using the library here and youtube using the normal youtube addon.

getting there now... Wink

t0mm0
whufclee Wrote:Hi chaps, I don't usually drop in on the development forums but thought I'd take a little look to see what's going on. Looks like you're making a lot of progress t0mm0, well done.

Looks like it hasn't been updated since Nov 8 2010, that was the last commit

The site owner did post a msg saying they were developing an API and Anarchintosh mentioned he was going to contact them for details, but haven't seen any follow ups

Apparently the site is now completely restructured from when the addon was working.. an API would be very nice!
t0mm0 Wrote:there are a couple of reasons i can think of after a quick look at the site (although it's too late now anyway and there is no point in getting into a long discussion about it Wink)

navi-x does lost of unrelated stuff and so there is lots of code - urlresolver code is a lot simpler (probably because it doesn't do so much)

navi-x processors seem to run on that web site, not in the plugin? urlresolver doesn't depend on a third party website to be working.

navi-x processors are written in a weird language and the source code for the interpretor doesn't appear to be available (so you can't even improve it)- urlrsolver uses pure python so you don't need to learn something else (and you can do anything that is possible in python not just the tiny subset of commands available in navi-x).

navi-x doesn't appear to be able to support megaupload (i assume because it can't handle the delay or possibly logging in)

t0mm0

Navi-x is written entirely in python. The processor interpreter can be found in CURLLoader.py (in the navi-x sources); it's a procedure named geturl_processor() that can be isolated and integrated in other scripts with not much effort. Believe me, I've already done it some time ago. The idea is not to rewrite urlresolver, but to write a plugin for it that handles navi-x processors. And from what I saw of urlresolver, it should not be an impossible task. I'd try it myself, if I had more time (sigh)...

You don't have to write processors (but of course you can if you want): the navi-x guys have already done it for you.
Basically, processors are server-side scripts that produce a pseudo-code that is executed by the interpreter client-side; the advantage of this approach is that a processor can be updated -if needed- in a transparent manner to the user.

Sites not supported by processors (like megaupload) can be of course handled by separated plugins. The limit of the processor system is that at the moment don't supports well sites that ask for authentication. I think they're working on it.

Anyway, it was only a proposal. Keep up the good work!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.module.urlresolver development7