• 3(current)
Android MediaDog 0.9.1(18/03/13)-WIDGET!!Couchpotato(V1&V2),Sickbeard,Headphones,Sabnzbd
Ready to test on a DROIDX
Hi Guys,
I have sent PM's to the first round of Beta testers. They are:
Dina, feerlessleadr ; jbrillo1126 ; kcmoney13 ; DDM123 ; jjrroberts ; thinko ; darkscout ; bnevets27 ; rflores2323 ; airtron ; Necromancyr ; sb206 ;

Let me know how you guys get on. If your on the list above and didnt get a PM let me know! I will open up the beta testing to more people once the app is stable and running smoothly for people.

Also if you are on a low-res device i suspect you might have display issues. If that is the case a few screen caps would help.

I have updated the first post to include a change log and know issues register.

Cheers,
Ian
So.... where do I get the debug log? It's been crashing on me.

Also, is there a way you can read the API key out of a flat text file? I may shoot myself if I have to type it in by hand on my keyboard.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:So.... where do I get the debug log? It's been crashing on me.
No debug logging currently in the app. At what point does it bomb out?
Quote:Also, is there a way you can read the API key out of a flat text file? I may shoot myself if I have to type it in by hand on my keyboard.

I actually had a piece of code written that will grab the API key automatically but couldn't get it to work, hopefully should make it into a future version. I usually just browse to SAB on my phones browser and copy the key to the clipboard.
Evo Shift ready to test whenever available.

This would be Awesome. Maybe down the road this could also support Headphones.
Bedroom Room - Raspberry pi, Openelec Nightly
Living Room - Atom 330/ion, 2gb, 30sg sad, Openelec Nightly
Office - MSI H67MA-E35 (B3), Intel I3-2100, 8GB G.SKILL ram, Corsair SSD, Generic case, Openelec Nightly, Aeon MQ4 skin
Storage - Zotac GF-6100-E, AMD Sempron 140, 5 x 2TB hdd, 2GB AData ram, Rosewill R102-P-BK case, Unraid 5.14b
Wow, this app looks great!
Don't know why, but enabling CP/SB without filling in information makes the app crash (proces com.beanian.hub stopped working). Removing the entire serverprofile fixed it. I'll try more tomorrow, it's almost 2am here.
bean_ian Wrote:No debug logging currently in the app. At what point does it bomb out?

Any time I try to click on any of the sub services.
Code:
ok it is force closing on me. I set up two hosts. how do I pull up the 2nd host? when I try to hit the menu button to see if that brings up a menu to pull up the 2nd host it force closes on me. the first host however is working ok except the force closes after a couple of minutes on the app.

sickbeard
pulled up all my tv shows
however sometimes when I go into the tv show it force closes on me
added a new want episode (jersey shore S02E13) and it showed it as wanted
it sent it to sab for download and downloaded the episode ok.
sickbeard did the post processing ok and it worked.

Note: also why not put a small logo on the right to show if its downloaded, wanted, skipped, etc.. I know the colors are there but something to show would also be handy.

couch potato
pull up wanted movies, snatched movies, and downloaded movies ok.
some of the posters are missing (i.e. bridemaids, thor, and transformers 3)
I searched for movie and it found it ok (priest 2011) and it brought up all the quality settings that I set.
added 720p and it added it queue
then force close when trying to refresh
added born to ride 2011
waiting for CP to snatch it up and send to sabnzbd
force close
snatch born to roll and sent to sabnzbd for download
showed snatched on mediadog
force close

Suggestion. Why not put the current download quality feature somehow next to movie name or in the info screen.
sabnzbd
tried to get in and force close to see progress of born to roll
2nd time went in however the progres bar showed black.. would be nice to show the progress of download there.
force close on refresh

there are alot of force closes right now in the app but the functionality is there.

great job so far. I think we need a way to debug all the force closes since it happens way to often.

suggestion: why not integrate trakt.tv into the app also which would give it a social integration which would be pretty cool.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
bean_ian Wrote:Hi Guys,
I have sent PM's to the first round of Beta testers. They are:
Dina, feerlessleadr ; jbrillo1126 ; kcmoney13 ; DDM123 ; jjrroberts ; thinko ; darkscout ; bnevets27 ; rflores2323 ; airtron ; Necromancyr ; sb206 ;

Let me know how you guys get on. If your on the list above and didnt get a PM let me know! I will open up the beta testing to more people once the app is stable and running smoothly for people.

Also if you are on a low-res device i suspect you might have display issues. If that is the case a few screen caps would help.

I have updated the first post to include a change log and know issues register.

Cheers,
Ian

First off, love the app. It works REALLY well on my Atrix.

I think I have only found 1 bug so far. When I am browsing CP, I can only see a portion of my wanted movies and I can't figure out how to see the rest. I'm not sure if it a bug, but I thought that I would ask anyway.

I also have some feature requests:
- Would it be possible to add HTTPS support for sab?
- Under SB, would it be possible to change the color coding of the episodes to classify episodes downloaded vs not downloaded (maybe red vs green or something like that)

other than that, everything looks really good so far
Now mine's crashing on launch.
Code:
Just had it installed for a few minutes now. I can confirm this bug.

If your port is configured wrong for sabnzbd it will cause FC all over the place. Going into ether sick beard or couch potato or settings and it will FC.

I disabled sabnzbd (that had the wrong port configured) and sick beard/couch potato/setting all ran fine.

Entered the correct port for sabnzbd and haven't had a FC yet (only been a min or two playing with it)

Great work so far Ian!

(PS looks like Oskarszoon is doing some work to improve the couch potato app, maybe you two could help each other out...just a thought)

EDIT:
Problems with couch potato:
-Wanted movies are not shown (snatched movies do show)
-Added the movie "30 minutes or less" in 720p it was added to couch potato but the quality was some how lost. The movie is in the wanted list just without a quality...

Feature requests?
-Posters are not shown/Descriptions under the movie names are not shown/no info button on snatched movie (from what I can tell this is proper behavior but it would be nice for the same info that is shown for wanted is retained for snatched/downloaded, I think this might be a limitation of couch potato though)
- Info on the movie on searched movie before being added to wanted - Probably unnecessary because you know you want the movie but might be nice.

Sabnzbd

-Change category doesn't display what the current category is
-FCing sometimes, looks to be doing it while loading the queue probably due to my large queue at the moment (150 items)
-Takes a very long time to read my queue of 150 items, I think it actually gets stuck trying to load the queue

General Bug:
While writing this I went to the sabnzbd tab, went to the history section, clicked on a downloaded file, got a FC that brought me to my host settings, sabnzbd and couch potato had been disabled. Re-filled out the info (can't remember if i was able to hit save or not) and the app FC'ed right out. Now when I launch the app I get an instant FC and it kicks me out. Had to re-install the app. I think there is something in the setting, when something goes wrong there the app goes FC happy.

rflores2323 Wrote:suggestion: why not integrate trakt.tv into the app also which would give it a social integration which would be pretty cool.
Hopefully one day all the apps will integrate into one. xbmc remote, trakt.tv, sick beard, couch potato, headphones, imdb. But currently its just a dream. I think if sick beard, couch potato, headphones had an API it would make, making apps easier but all those projects have a lot on their plate already.
Quote:great job so far. I think we need a way to debug all the force closes since it happens way to often.
Yeah it pretty obvious this is where I need to focus my attention! I have to implement a complete error handling/debug log framework for the next version in order to get meaningful bug reports back.

Quote:FCing sometimes, looks to be doing it while loading the queue probably due to my large queue at the moment (150 items)
Could be the timeout on the call to SAB needs to be longer, i didnt test with anywhere near that amount of stuff in my queueShocked

Quote:Wanted movies are not shown (snatched movies do show)
How many wanted movies do you have queued up? Are you on the latest version of CouchPotato?
For some reason Sickbeard isn't working, but Couchpotato is. SAB also connects fine.
MediaDog 0.2 is ready for testing. Testers check your PM's. All going well with this release, the next release will be available for public beta
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaDog 0.9.1(18/03/13)-WIDGET!!Couchpotato(V1&V2),Sickbeard,Headphones,Sabnzbd3