SABnzbd not enoguh repair blocks (300!)
any fixes for this please? I was really happy to get SAB working but now its not working for a file i really wanted.

i'm on astraweb, im trying to download 10GB madeline with 114 days ago.

it should download taking into consideration the retention. any fixes please at all?

i have eu server set as primary. us server set as backup. shall i buy a block account from another provider?

really gutted cos i bought usenet partly to get this movie for my little sister.
Try repairing it manually? See how many PAR files it sees. Maybe try redownloading any bad files. Best place to ask would be SABnzb forums.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Sometimes SABNZBd doesn't get everything right.
Like darkscout said you can try to repair it manually.
114 days old is nothing. Astraweb is over 800 days I think.
If your manual repair does not work:
I see the Movie you are talking about and there is an NZB file.
I don't know how you inputted it before but I would download that NZB file alone and then add the NZB file to SABNZBd.
When you download the NZB only using SABNABd it should auto add it.
This is the route I like to take because sometimes these NZB search engines miss something. The NZB file that was created by the original poster will include all the parts.
XBMC on MacMini + <12TB of material displaying on 60" or 150".
I downloaded the NZB. Then added it.

How do you manually repair and see which files are corrupt? I don't see it there myself. Sad

I just signed up for blocknews as a fill server but again, I don't know to set it. I just put in its information as an additional server but clicked only SSL + backup (did not tick enable). is that right?
open terminal and go to the directory the _FAILED_ download is in:
par2 r *PAR2
Code:
sorry, i dont understand terminal very well.

i tried repairing it using macpar deluxe. no success. it says its only missing 38 blocks now too. Sad
Well, you have 2 options.

Deal with it as is.
Learn to use terminal.

Open terminal window. Type "cd" and drag and drop Macpar Deluxe onto terminal.

Then "cd Contents/Resources/"

It should look like this:
Code:
AppIcon.icns       DocTBHelp.png          DocTBQuit.icns      DocTBSaveAs.png  FileErrorIcon.icns           FileRecoverableIcon.icns  PAR2Document.icns   logo_kagi.pct
DocTBAbort.png     DocTBNewPARSet.icns    DocTBReRecover.png  DocTBWeb.png     FileNotInVolumeSetIcon.icns  Global.strings            PARDocument.icns    logo_paypal.pct
DocTBAddFiles.png  DocTBOpen.png          DocTBRemove.png     Dutch.lproj      FileOKIcon.icns              Help files                RarDocument.icns    par
DocTBEmail.icns    DocTBPreferences.icns  DocTBReward.png     English.lproj    FilePossibleErrorIcon.icns   MissingApp.icns           TerminalScript.txt  par2SL

Type
Code:
./par2 r
Then drag and drop the _FAILED_ folder to terminal. Then finish the line with
Code:
*PAR2

It'll tell you what needs fixed.
Code:
I've also had bad luck recently with sab.. I got a usenetserver account (over 1000 days data retention) and all downloads over 600 days I've tried have failed. After that I went to giganews and got an account there.. so much better.

I've tried to download 4 items which failed using usenetserver and 3 of them have worked out OK, while one has failed too (the oldest, 980 days).

Using usenetserver I got lots of article missing errors, now with giganews things are right. I think if you want to download european stuff, you're much better using some Europe based provider. At least the lesson I took.
that error-message indicates clearly that the download is corrupt, it isn't sanzbd's fault but your providers. This can have several reasons:
- The file you try to download got taken down via DMCA
- the file is out of retention
- the file is not uploaded correctly by the uploader

Try another release...

(if you send me a link to the NZB or the NZB via PM, I can test it out - I'm also on astraweb...10GB is not a whole lot for me - have a 100mbit/s connection Smile, although I couldn't do it right now - you would have to wait about 8hrs...)
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

I use astraweb as well and there have been some errors on files just a little over 100 days old reported generally. I've seen discussion on the nzbmatrix forums and there was a specific mention on the astraweb site. You could do a search. Its been fixed for more recent files but there was a stretch of files with errors around that range noted by several folks.

Try either a different release of the same content or manually reload the same file into sab if you fail to find find another release.
Acer Revo 3610 w/ Ubuntu 10.10, Giada Cube Win 7, 2 ATV 1's one w Crystal HD card, UnRaid server w/ SAB/SickBeard/Couch Potato/Transmission, MacBook Pro, Hackintosh Dell Mini 10v
There's a whole bunch of reasons why something might not be complete one of those being your server is pants, its certainly not a problem caused by SABnzbd

Where did you get the NZB didn't it give you an idea of completion there are free index's that will do this (Binsearch & nzbindex) but of course this only lets you know its complete on the server its indexing, there is an app that will actually check the NZB on your server without downloading its called "NZB Download Checker" but its windows only
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:there is an app that will actually check the NZB on your server without downloading its called "NZB Download Checker" but its windows only
Nice hint! Thanks for that!
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

For issues like this on Windows, download and install QuickPar - run it on one of the Par files for the failed download and it'll show you which rar/par files are missing or corrupted.

Log onto an indexing site, such as NZBindex and do a search for the file name of whatever you downloaded, minus the .rar, .001 etc on the end.

You should be able to work out which collection the nzb file you downloaded was using. There's usually a few different ones to choose from - one may work better than another.

You'll see a "Collection" button under the release, which if you click it will show you all the rar/par files in the collection. Just check the ones that were corrupted in the download you did and create an nzb.

Open the nzb with SAB, download the missing rars/pars again, copy to the same folder as the original download - for rars that were corrupted, replace the corrupted copy with the fresh one you downloaded - and run Quickpar again.

Once Quickpar repairs everything, extract the .rar with WinRar and you'll be sorted.

This method is especially useful for things that are harder to find and works with whatever provider you use.
OpenElec / Silverstone LC17 / 6TB / Toshiba 32WLT68

Get your freshly squeezed recipes, news and views at foodforfriendsyeah.co.uk!
its just one of those things i thing cos i get it too i use newshosting atm but am thinking of changing to astraweb
I love astraweb.... 11 a month.... almost everything works great!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SABnzbd not enoguh repair blocks (300!)0