Questions from a newbie. Please Help!
First of all, I would like to say that MC360 is incredibly awesome and that I would like to say "thank you" to everyone who worked on it. With that being said, I will give you a little bit of information about myself and then ask my questions.

I am by no means a computer programmer. What I mean is, the fact that I was able to wade through the sea of conflicting information that is the internet and even get my xbox soft-modded in the first place was an accomplishment all by itself. I think I only had to go back to the drawing board and re-install everything something like six times before I finally got to see the evolution x dashboard, afterwards finally installing xbmc. After I installed MC360 I finally got to a point where I could let out a sigh of relief. I guess what I am trying to say here is that this whole process, for me anyway, has largely been a long, drawn-out process of trial-and-error.

Fast forward to the present; I figured out how to make my xbox boot up to xbmc MC360 and when I click the right thumbstick down and select "dashboard" it loads to evolution-x. This is configured exactly how I want it to be.

I have some problems and I simply cannot figure out any solutions to them:

In the "GAMES" blade when I click on the "Games" button, only games which I have installed on my E:/ partition will appear. I only have one game installed on my E:/ partition so basically what I see when I click on "Games" is the "Up one level" button and "Morrowwind: GOTY Ed." My problem is this: my games are all installed on F:/ because it is the largest partition, yet they DO NOT APPEAR anywhere.

How so I make the MC360 dashboard auto-detect not only games in the E:/Games folder, but also the F:/Games folder as well?

In order to play my games I have to go back to evolution-X dashboard, which auto-detects all emulators, games, and apps across all drive partitions. With evolution-x, everything appears exactly how it is supposed to, exactly where it is supposed to.

Even though I am not specifically computer-savvy, I do consider myself to be a very intellectual person. I have read all the documentation I can find on this matter, and I have tried my best to understand the guides that others have (obviously) painstakingly created.

While the above is mostly the reason for my post, I will take the opportunity to ask a few more questions.

1. I cannot get the "YouTube" option to watch videos online working. Has support for this feature been abandoned? If anyone knows how I can get this working, please let me know. A few dead buttons in the dashboard actually doesn't bother me at all. (For example, the Gamercard-thingy even though I wont be going online, a few of the auto-update buttons, and the "About xbmc" button, etc. These are all dead buttons for me.)

As previously stated a few dead buttons doesn't bother me as long as the "Important" features of the dashboard actually work; like, say for example, the "Games" button in the "Games" blade.

2. I have no idea why or what is going wrong but I cannot get an app called "DVD2XBOX" working correctly. I put the app in my apps folder, but when I click on it the screen just goes blank and nothing else happens; afterwards I always have to stand up and manually restart my xbox.

I would love to scan my copy of "Halo" and "Halo 2" into my xbox to get faster load times. I had it working before, but since then I have re-formatted my xbox and performed a clean install of everything. Luckily, I made a backup of my xbox hdd before I re-formatted and was I able to recover my xbox games from that, and then FTP them over to the xbox hdd using my computer.

3. Does anyone know where I can get some Freeware or shareware arcade games to put into the "Arcade" folder so it isn't just completely empty? I am tired of looking at the button because it simply doesn't do anything, and I can't find any arcade games to put in it. That stupid button wouldn't bother me so bad if it actually did something, even if I actually never end up using it I would like to have it do something.

Thank you for reading my wall of text. I am sorry if your brain hurts now. Hopefully someone out there has the answers I need. Thank you again to everyone who brought us both xbmc and MC360. Both of them are incredibly awesome masterpieces of computer programming.

Sincerely,
pjsniper
I figured out that the white button on the controller brings up an option box that I was not aware of. I finally have access to my games, but there is still an extra button push between clicking on games and actually seeing the games.

How do I set the games button to automatically jump to the "All games" location that I configured? Arcade, games, and apps all jump to the same page as each other. How do I configure these shortcuts correctly? I am not the only one having this problem, another user on the forum has mentioned this as well.

I wish there was a freaking MC360 tutorial or something for complete beginners, that basically would tell you which buttons do what and how to configure simple things and preform simple tasks like setting up the folder options and stuff.

pjsniper

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions from a newbie. Please Help!0