Mysql DB, one Windows box, two Appletv g2...
Hi
(Long story, issue is more or less NFS on Windows 7)

I've seens a few people complain about "buffering" when running wired SMB, so I thought I would make the switch to NFS, just to make sure. I'm setting up my second ATV G2, so I wanted to make the swtich now.

Data location;
I have a Synology with NFS enabled (I've manually added insecure option to, /etc/exports).
I've no problem mounting NFS sources on the ATV G2.

Versions:
Windows 7 System, running "Nightly" (latest)
Two Appple TV g2, running nightly (latest)

Existing MYSQL, I've truncated the database tables, to get rid of all the smb:// paths.

I've used to use the Windows system to update the Library, since the Apple TV g2 are very slow at doing this.

When trying to change the sources on the Windows 7 XBMC to NFS, I don't have any NFS option?
So it seems like I can't use that system with the same DB as for the Apple TV when using NFS?
(I have NFS client tools installed on the windows system)

Or do I have to do path substitution in advancedsettings.xml?

I hope this wasn't too long or too confusing Wink

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
CaveGuard
the windows version of xbmc sadly doesn't support nfs as of now...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:the windows version of xbmc sadly doesn't support nfs as of now...

Hi Memphiz

Are there plans to add nfs into windows builds? I'm just looking at exact same issue is OP

I'll add another call out for some kind of substitution solution....
Just some playing that I've done
On my win box (using nightly 20110727 to match atv2 nightly)

Path substitution kind of works

Code:
<substitute>
  <from>nfs://192.168.1.1/raid/personal/Movies/</from>
  <to>smb://NAS/Personal/Movies/</to>
</substitute>

The above setting will let me browse the video source and will try and scan however the scan will not recursively scan the directories only look at the top level.

Is this something that I should raise to the developers outside of the iOS thread or am I just trying to do to much with the tools at hand?

Edit:I put a movie in the root directory and when its added to the DB its added with substituted smb path so substitution doesn't look like way to go
chuckles Wrote:Hi Memphiz

Are there plans to add nfs into windows builds? I'm just looking at exact same issue is OP

I'll add another call out for some kind of substitution solution....

i'm working on it but not with priority. Still Much to do for porting though and i'm unsure if it will work at the end...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
chuckles Wrote:Just some playing that I've done
On my win box (using nightly 20110727 to match atv2 nightly)

Path substitution kind of works

Code:
<substitute>
  <from>nfs://192.168.1.1/raid/personal/Movies/</from>
  <to>smb://NAS/Personal/Movies/</to>
</substitute>

The above setting will let me browse the video source and will try and scan however the scan will not recursively scan the directories only look at the top level.

Is this something that I should raise to the developers outside of the iOS thread or am I just trying to do to much with the tools at hand?

Edit:I put a movie in the root directory and when its added to the DB its added with substituted smb path so substitution doesn't look like way to go

Ok I tried going the other way, had win7 xbmc add movies to library as smb path then tried to use substitution on atv2 to go back to nfs

Code:
<substitute>
  <from>smb://NAS/Personal/Movies/</from>
  <to>nfs://192.168.1.1/raid/personal/Movies/</to>
</substitute>

but xbmc seems to ignore the substitution and try and load the smb path (tells me movies dont exist and asks if I want to remove from library, movie info shows smb path and log shows xbmc trying to load smb path)
I met the same problem but ......

I have Synology nas + ATV2(XBMC) + Win7 HTPC + MacMini HTPC

I put the mySql just on the NAS and all players share the DB and Thumbnails and Movies

ATV2 got buffering issue when using SMB protocol, so I change it to nfs://

I heard windows version of XBMC does NOT support the NFS, I just added NFS client service(build in with Win7 Ult), the XBMC can't be launched anymore, so I have to disable the service...... after that, something amazing happened, when I launched XBMC (nightly build 912), NFS protocol appeared, and it works !!!!!!

anybody who can tell me what happened!!!
yeah ... WiSo and i finished porting libnfs to windows ... thats what happend Big Grin
Memphiz Wrote:yeah ... WiSo and i finished porting libnfs to windows ... thats what happend Big Grin

We'll have to invent new platforms or you'll run out of magic to perform!!

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mysql DB, one Windows box, two Appletv g2...0