Did win7 SP1 change anything?
So i finally upgraded to SP1 this weekend on my XBMC box and 2 HD movies since then have had the video go black for 1-2 seconds while the sounds plays at random times in about 20-60 second intervals. Stopping and resuming the movies eventually "fixed" the problem.

When I rewinded the movie the video did not distort in the same spots so the issue would not appear to be the data or hardcoded data corruption.

I looked at the log real quick and I'll try to reproduce it tonight with debugging enabled so I can post it.

The log had messages about xbmc asking for data but not receiving it (ie buffering) which is strange since the media is local. This has never happened in 1+ years and the only thing that changed this weekend was SP1 install so I'm suspecting that might have had something to do with it.
If it's buffering a local source I'd check your Windows System Event Log for any critical errors.. could be a faulty HDD exacerbated by the Win7 SP1 update.
well after un-installing the over 100+ individual patches and hotfixes SP1 applied the issue is no longer there. i dont have any logs or details because it was late and i just wanted to get it done

during the removal of one of the patches my screen was going black and turning back on like crazy (similar to the way it behaves during a graphics driver install) so I'm going to guess it was that one. It was a standard security update.

either way this is now resolved

I know I don't have a lot of specific info but if anyone runs into the same issue after installing SP1 I would start with removing the updates and see if that fixes it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Did win7 SP1 change anything?0