Asus E-350 MB (PRO vs Deluxe)
Hello!

With the apparent development of the support of Hardware acceleration under Linux for the Zacate platform, I have some questions about Asus MB.

I'd like to know which board will play best with Linux (in the near future...) between these 2 Asus MB :

Pro : http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp...6813131732
Deluxe : http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp...6813131698

I don't mind about Wifi and Bluthooth, I'm more concerned about the different Audio chipset. The Pro having "VIA VT1708S" and the Deluxe being "Realtek ALC892".

Moreover, HDMI is not listed on the Pro... ?

Thanks a lot!
Asus e35m1-i deluxe (pricey tho)

i'd go for this
[MOBO+CPU+GPU] ASRock E350M1/USB3 Zacate Dual-Core 1.6Ghz HD6310 ALC892 Mini-ITX ($109 + $8)
Indeed, pricey. But I do like the fact that this is all passive cooling...
yepp, %100 silent!
Forget the Pro. Without HDMI it's kind of useless these days..
Yes, without HDMI it is useless for me. I was kinda surprised though that the MB doesn't include a HDMI port. Thought it might be a mistake though....
I've actually been looking at the same boards for a HTPC build im planning at the moment. With these ASUS boards theres actually three versions.

E35M1-M (non-pro) - which is the one linked in the OP. Has VGA and DVI output but no HDMI
E35M1-M PRO - bit more expensive but has a HDMI output
E35M1-i Deluxe - more expensive again, has HDMI output, ITX size and inbuilt WIFI

The E35M1-M and E35M1-M Pro look identical so its pretty easy to mistake one from the other.
Yepp!

Also, the E35M1-i Deluxe has built-in Bluetooth 3.0 ,,,

while the E35M1-M PRO has an additional PCIe slot,,,

but both are FanLess
Does the PRO comes in mini itx size?
No, i think the Pro only comes in mATX size, for ITX i think you'll have to go for the Deluxe model.
E35M1-i Deluxe's the best Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus E-350 MB (PRO vs Deluxe)0