Traceback (most recent call last):
File "test.py", line 4, in <module>
xbmc.Player().play(file)
NameError: name 'xbmc' is not defined

same with secondary example

xbmc@XBMCLive:~/Videos$ more test2.py
# Import XBMC module
import xbmc

# First we need to create an object containing the getMusicInfoTag() class from XBMC.Player().
# This is in order to use the same instance of the class twice and not create a new class
# for every time we query for information.
# This is a bit important to notice, as creating many instances is rarely
# a good thing to do (unless you need it, but not in this case).

tag = xbmc.Player().getMusicInfoTag()

# Now tag contains the getMusicInfoTag() class which then again contains song information.
# Now we use this object to get the data by calling functions within that class:

artist = tag.getArtist()
title = tag.getTitle()

# Now you have two strings containing the information. An example of what you could do next is to print it:

print "Playing: " + artist + " - " + title

# This will produce i.e: "Playing: AC/DC - Back in black"

xbmc@XBMCLive:~/Videos$ python test2.py
File "test2.py", line 2, in <module>
import xbmc
ImportError: No module named xbmc

What im doning wrong ?
Pytkin Wrote:xbmc@XBMCLive:~/Videos$ python test2.py
File "test2.py", line 2, in <module>
import xbmc
ImportError: No module named xbmc

What im doning wrong ?

you need to run them from within xbmc as the xbmc module is not available outside of the application.

check out this and this for more help.

t0mm0
thanx .. it works now ..
t0mm0 : script is working .. i want to playback stream from internet and every 10 second im checking if stream is playing , and if no , then will try playit again .. Script looks:

Code:
file = 'rtmp://myserver/live/mystream'
while True:
        if not xbmc.Player().isPlaying():
                xbmc.Player().stop()
                xbmc.Player().play(file)
        xbmc.sleep(10000)

Everyhing works .. but in display I see allert:

Loading directory
Retrieved 0 items
and button cancel

under this dialog box i see my stream .. how can i disable to show this dialog box ?
Pytkin Wrote:t0mm0 : script is working .. i want to playback stream from internet and every 10 second im checking if stream is playing , and if no , then will try playit again .. Script looks:

Code:
while True:
        if not xbmc.Player().isPlaying():
                xbmc.Player().stop()
                xbmc.Player().play(file)
        xbmc.sleep(10000)

Everyhing works .. but in display I see allert:

Loading directory
Retrieved 0 items
and button cancel

under this dialog box i see my stream .. how can i disable to show this dialog box ?

Try something like this -
Code:
def MyFunction():
    xbmc.Player().play(file)
    MyPlayer().onPlayBackStarted()

class MyPlayer( xbmc.Player ) :            
        def __init__ ( self ):
            xbmc.Player.__init__( self )

def onPlayBackStarted(self):
            while (True):
                if self.isPlaying():
                    xbmc.sleep(1000)
                else:
                    #do something like call your function
                    MyFunction()
divingmule : video is not starting ..

i was added at end call to MyFucntion() , for starting playback .. Video vas started , but I see again over video popup with LOADING DIRECTORY/ Retrieved 0 items/ Cancel :

Pytkin Wrote:divingmule : video is not starting ..

i was added at end call to MyFucntion() , for starting playback .. Video vas started , but I see again over video popup with LOADING DIRECTORY/ Retrieved 0 items/ Cancel :

i think to get rid of the loading directory thing you need to make sure you pass isFolder=False to xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem()

but yeah, other than that subclassing xbmc.Player as divingmule says is the way to do this kind of thing. see here for a more complex example. took me a while to figure that out Wink

t0mm0
Seems your script is adding a directory, so I'm guessing you need to add endOfDirectory http://xbmc.sourceforge.net/python-docs/...fDirectory

Usually if it's a plugin you can add this to the bottom of your script.
Code:
xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory(int(sys.argv[1]))

Edit: Yeah, also what t0mm0 said Wink
YES .. xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory(int(sys.argv[1])) at start of scripts works .. it shows empty folder at start , but after that will start playback of stream without popup ..
Pytkin Wrote:YES .. xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory(int(sys.argv[1])) at start of scripts works .. it shows empty folder at start , but after that will start playback of stream without popup ..

glad you got it sorted! if this is the only thing your addon does, sounds like a script might be better than a plugin as then you don't need to worry about the xbmcplugin stuff at all.

t0mm0
t0mm0 : yes maybe .. Im looking in xbmc , and not see , how to start scripts .. i see some scripts in ~/.xbmc/addons .. But how can I start it , or acces it ?

I need to create script , which will start after booting into XBMC (live on ION) .. will be playback an live stream , and after problems with internet connection it will restart stream ..

Im almost done .. But i got an secondary problem .. If I interupt internet connection for a small time , stream will start again correctly .. If I interupt internet for longer time, i got this message :

Playback failed
One or more items failed to play
Check the log for details ..
OK

After click on OK , script will starting to play a stream again .. But I need to playback without human interaction ..
Can I disable to show this "Playback failed" dialog ?

and my last question .. Where can I setup, to autostart my plugin, after XBMC LIVE boot ?
Pytkin Wrote:t0mm0 : yes maybe .. Im looking in xbmc , and not see , how to start scripts .. i see some scripts in ~/.xbmc/addons .. But how can I start it , or acces it ?

I need to create script , which will start after booting into XBMC (live on ION) .. will be playback an live stream , and after problems with internet connection it will restart stream ..

Im almost done .. But i got an secondary problem .. If I interupt internet connection for a small time , stream will start again correctly .. If I interupt internet for longer time, i got this message :

Playback failed
One or more items failed to play
Check the log for details ..
OK

After click on OK , script will starting to play a stream again .. But I need to playback without human interaction ..
Can I disable to show this "Playback failed" dialog ?

and my last question .. Where can I setup, to autostart my plugin, after XBMC LIVE boot ?

don't think i can help with any of that Sad

maybe rather than use a script with xbmc.Player subclassed you could write a service to check whether the stream is still playing and if not try again? not looked at services but that may do the trick, though i guess you may still end up with the 'playback failed' dialog? - anyone else?

t0mm0
Im plying with this about 3 days and no luck .. if there are no connection , then Player everytime show message with PLAYBACK FAILED .. and I need click with mouse .. i was tested everything .. onPlayBackEnded , onPlayBackStopped .. still the same ..

Have anybody any idea ?

Or should I simulate this mouse click on message from Python ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HELP with starting write python scripts0