NFS support
Cranial Wrote:Should it be
PHP Code:
rm /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/ios-4.2_armv7/lib/libnfs
?

yes ... or osx-blubb for osx Wink. Blubb is just to be replaced with the suffix i don't remember. So imagination is needed here Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
emkay Wrote:Hey Memphiz,

after problems building with the new commits I startet with a clean git checkout and removed all xbmc-depends (so basically from starting point).

But I still get the following error message when running xcodebuild:

Code:
/Users/emkay/xbmc/xbmc/filesystem/FileNFS.cpp:33:35: error: nfsc/libnfs-raw-mount.h: No such file or directory
/Users/emkay/xbmc/xbmc/filesystem/FileNFS.cpp: In member function 'std::list<CStdStr<char>, std::allocator<CStdStr<char> > > CNfsConnection::GetExportList(const CURL&)':
/Users/emkay/xbmc/xbmc/filesystem/FileNFS.cpp:76: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct exportnode'
/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/ios-4.2_armv7/include/nfsc/libnfs.h:948: error: forward declaration of 'struct exportnode'
/Users/emkay/xbmc/xbmc/filesystem/FileNFS.cpp:78: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct exportnode'
/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/ios-4.2_armv7/include/nfsc/libnfs.h:948: error: forward declaration of 'struct exportnode'

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
    CompileC build/XBMC-ATV2.build/Release-iphoneos/XBMC.build/Objects-normal/armv7/FileNFS.o xbmc/filesystem/FileNFS.cpp normal armv7 c++ com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2
(1 failure)

Can you tell me what's missing?

libnfs.dylib is generated without problem. Where should this file nfsc/libnfs-raw-mount.h be?

EmKay

Yeah sorry about that. Thats a bug in the new buildsys. I already have done a pull request to the dev. There is one header missing from installation.

After building libnfs do:
cp tools/darwin/depends/libnfs/libnfs-9f88cb0/mount/libnfs-raw-mount.h /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/ios-4.2_armv7/include/nfsc

For linux:
cp lib/libnfs/libnfs-9f88cb0/mount/libnfs-raw-mount.h /usr/include/nfsc

As soon as my pull request is merged i will update the libnfs tarball and the Makefiles...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thanks Memphiz. Building now. My brain is fried, need sleep.

And emkay, didn't mean to imply you didn't figure that much out, I just didn't read your post correctly. Blush

*edit*

And... Build succeeded. Thanks again.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
After updating to build 20110719-1c250ec (NFS commits) I had to change my Sources.xml from:

PHP Code:
<source>
            <
name>Movies</name>
            <
path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.50/share/NFS/Qmultimedia/HD/Movies/</path>

</source

to:

PHP Code:
<source>
            <
name>Movies</name>
            <
path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.50/Qmultimedia/HD/Movies/</path>

</source

to access the shares. Is this intended?

(I'm sharing from a QNAP NAS)

Yes, thank you Memphiz. Will try that now.

@Cranial: no harm done, mate ;-)

EmKay
Hey Memphiz,

your pull request was committed. So, everything can be fixed in trunk now ;-)

EmKay
yeah ... already got the e-mail - but i'm at work and have to wait until i'm home again (and davilla has to put a new tarball for libnfs on our mirrors - i already mailed to him...)
Cranial Wrote:After updating to build 20110719-1c250ec (NFS commits) I had to change my Sources.xml from:

PHP Code:
<source>
            <
name>Movies</name>
            <
path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.50/share/NFS/Qmultimedia/HD/Movies/</path>

</source

to:

PHP Code:
<source>
            <
name>Movies</name>
            <
path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.50/Qmultimedia/HD/Movies/</path>

</source

to access the shares. Is this intended?

(I'm sharing from a QNAP NAS)

Nope that is not intended ... an i don't know why this would work now with your changed path. I didn't have to change my sources (and i can't imagine why this should be needed...)

Has xbmc.log anything interesting with your old pathes?

You could go to "Add Videos" -> "Browse" -> "Network Filesystem (NFS)" -> select your server and look what pathes it show there (with or without the /share) ...
What is libnfs? Is it different to standard nfs sharing?
libnfs is the library used to support nfs sharing. It's an open source nfs library to be used in other projects (like in xbmc for example).

EmKay
Memphiz Wrote:Nope that is not intended ... an i don't know why this would work now with your changed path. I didn't have to change my sources (and i can't imagine why this should be needed...)

The NFS implementation on the QNAP is not standard, it's crippled/enhanced by QNAP.

Quote:Has xbmc.log anything interesting with your old pathes?

At work now, so can't check until later.

Quote:You could go to "Add Videos" -> "Browse" -> "Network Filesystem (NFS)" -> select your server and look what pathes it show there (with or without the /share) ...

This is what I did when my library wouldn't play files after update. This gave me the "Qmultimedia/SD/TV" path instead of "share/NFS/Qmultimedia/....etc"

Perhaps the updated libnfs is just on better speaking terms with the QNAP now.

wallace47931 Wrote:What is libnfs? Is it different to standard nfs sharing?

there is no nfs sharing ( by mounting nfs into the filesystem ) on ios/atv2 ... that is where libnfs comes into play.

@cranial: wired ... nothing more to say about it Wink
NFS has been updated again in LInux today... Though Ill let you guys know.
Que?
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
nfs was crashing on linux with the new buildsys ... i fixed that one... rebuild of libnfs for linux should be enough... no change to xbmc itself required...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS support0