[Mini-ITX] Pentium-G620 (2x2.6Ghz) + GT210
Savage702 Wrote:even though my 1333 is backward compatible and even recommended for the mobo, they said the processors memory bus ran at 1066 and if it didn't like the memory, would cause the board not to POST.

or if new CPU's arent made for current 'normal' ram specs
better to jump off buildings right now..

crazy Oo

Glad you got it to post tho Smile

i'll keep this CPU MEMORY TYPE in mind, thx!
Would this case be a suitable supplement for the one recommended as I cannot find the recommended case to buy in the UK.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/colors-it...h-300w-psu

Would I need to make any alterations to the build due to the different case
warrell Wrote:cannot find the recommended case to buy in the UK.

Thermaltake Element Q
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermaltake-VL52...53-1813606
Can the stock CPU fan with the celeron fit under the power supply? I put the mobo in before attaching the CPU/fan (different arrival dates and all), so before I unscrewed everything and gave it a shot, I'd figure I'd make sure.

Also, I initially tried an ASUS 1GB low profile card (half the price, twice the memory). Stick with the recommended one, mine didn't fit!
cmckitterick Wrote:Can the stock CPU fan with the celeron fit under the power supply? I put the mobo in before attaching the CPU/fan (different arrival dates and all), so before I unscrewed everything and gave it a shot, I'd figure I'd make sure.

I'm sure you're done already, but yes, it fits. You can remove the screws that hold the PSU in place vs taking your whole board out.
(2011-07-22, 08:55)dajackal Wrote: additionally what's the advantage of GT210 vs say the IGP HD2000 in a i3-2000?

I couldn't find any benchmarks comparing the two.
Would it be realistic to expect some gaming on the GT210?

Yea, I would be interested to know that as well.
gt210 wont let u game like crazy..
only good for non demanding games...
little emulators and such.

but with the gt210, u get no 24p issue that igp intel hd2000/3000 has
Slight model difference, but it seems to be a very similar Zotac gt210, but with 1GB of memory.
After rebate, it comes to 19.99 with free shipping (.com and .ca).
I've always got my Zotac rebates. Rebate expires 5/31/2012.

ZOTAC ZT-20313-10L GeForce 210 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814500237

Is there any reason it won't work? Looking at all the specs and size and pictures, it looks like it'll be fine.
(2012-05-07, 17:37)Savage702 Wrote: Slight model difference, but it seems to be a very similar Zotac gt210, but with 1GB of memory.
After rebate, it comes to 19.99 with free shipping (.com and .ca).
I've always got my Zotac rebates. Rebate expires 5/31/2012.

ZOTAC ZT-20313-10L GeForce 210 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814500237

Is there any reason it won't work? Looking at all the specs and size and pictures, it looks like it'll be fine.

I'm interested to know this as well.

I'd like to build this one but the Apex MI-008 Black is nowhere to be found in europe anymore, does anyone living on the east side of the atlantic know a good alterantive?
(2012-01-10, 00:03)Savage702 Wrote:
Savage702 Wrote:So I tried to RMA the CPU with Intel, they told me I needed to get memory specifically clocked at 1066 vs 1333... even though my 1333 is backward compatible and even recommended for the mobo, they said the processors memory bus ran at 1066 and if it didn't like the memory, would cause the board not to POST. Of course, I couldn't find any in town, and had to wait for New Years to be over... but I have 1066 on the way. I'm hoping that resolves the issue.

So the Kingston DDR3 1066 ValueRAM got the system to POST right away. It didn't like my Corsair or AData DDR3 1333 with the Celeron G530!

I'm very happy with how this runs so far. I don't stay bleeding edge, I usually build a system and use it for years with little to no upgrades, so to say this system feels crazy fast will probably draw a chuckle... but I think the 64GB SSD Drive I got really helps.

Thanks for all your effort on these guides Eskro! Not sure if this is personal experience, but others might want to make sure they get 1066 RAM too.

This machine/build is still running like a champ. Just moved up to Kodi, and it's going well. The fans are getting a little loud at this point though, so I'm looking into either replacing those, or seeing if they're even needed. Just wanted to revisit. Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mini-ITX] Pentium-G620 (2x2.6Ghz) + GT2100