[Mini-ITX] i3-2100 (2x3.1Ghz) + GT210
Smile If you feel like thanking me for my work, you can DONATE --> Here Smile

[CPU] Intel Core I3-2105 Dual-Core 3.1GHz LGA1155 65W ($135 + $0)
[MOBO] ASRock B75M-ITX LGA-1155 UEFI SATA-III USB3 eSATA S/PDIF mITX ($90 + $7)
[GPU] ZOTAC GT210 512MB DDR3 64-bit Fanless Low Profile ($35 + $0)
[CASE+PSU] Apex MI-008 Black mITX 250W ($50 + $0)
[FAN] SilenX EFX-12-15 120mm 1400RPM 74CFM 15dBA ($12 + $3)
TOTAL: $332

** i3-2105 CPU should be used with DDR3-1066MHz or DDR3-1333MHz memory sticks only **
On this machine you recommend a case with a built in 250W PS. Yet on the Micro-ATX machine you recommend an Antec Earthwatts 430W PS.

How come this one you 'd be content with such a smaller PS that comes with the case (which are usually cheap quality).

Thanks.
becuz it comes with the case and it works!
no need for extra money unLess its broken,,,
So on the micro-atx builds would I be OK with a smaller PS than the 430W Antec you recommend? Especially if I can find a case with the PS built in?
i dont suggest stuff for no reasons,,,
on the Silverstone ML03 case,
the way the DVD-ROM drive is placed, if any,
wont leave you alot of space for a 'big PSU'...
so the one i suggest, the Earthwatts series,
has the perfect size for the job!
there's a 380W version and a 430watt version,,,
380W is enough,,,
but depends on the price, sometimes,
the 430watt is priced lower lol
or not so much more,,,
thanks I appreciate it
no prob
I wasn't able to mount the 120mm fan anywhere. At first I thought it went screwed into the side vent, but that vent isn't nearly tall enough. I'm guessing it was supposed to go where I have the 2nd hard drive (according to case instructions).
Yes, the 120mm fan needs to go where the 2nd hard drive mounting location is. I even made a video that shows where it goes.

Ultimately I ditched this case, it was a P.O.S in my humble opinion.

Also, I see no need for GT210, I have great video performance just using the i3-2100 by itself.
pmow Wrote:I wasn't able to mount the 120mm fan anywhere. At first I thought it went screwed into the side vent, but that vent isn't nearly tall enough. I'm guessing it was supposed to go where I have the 2nd hard drive (according to case instructions).
Here is how you should install it:
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Quote:Also, I see no need for GT210, I have great video performance just using the i3-2100 by itself.

I second that. i3-2100 if full featured and powerful enough on its own as far as video processing is concerned.
Thanks for the help. Does that mobo handle the DTS/HD audio fine as well? Not that it was even expensive, just good to know for future builds that it isn't really needed. That cash could be better spent on an SSD/flash drive! Cool
voip-ninja Wrote:Also, I see no need for GT210, I have great video performance just using the i3-2100 by itself.

Im interested to know i3-2100 performance for htpc usage. i heard that it can playback 3d bluray and bitstream hd audio. is this true? are there any unsolved issue with i3-2100 regarding htpc usage?

thanks.
SandyBridge CPU's (i3 / i5 / i7) have 24p issues.
publicENEMY Wrote:Im interested to know i3-2100 performance for htpc usage. i heard that it can playback 3d bluray and bitstream hd audio. is this true? are there any unsolved issue with i3-2100 regarding htpc usage?

thanks.
According to these tests, 3D on i3 is not good- High Definition Content for the Masses.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mini-ITX] i3-2100 (2x3.1Ghz) + GT2101