[REQUEST] Documentaryheaven.com Addon
Hey everyone, I've watched a lot of content on http://documentaryheaven.com

Seems like a lot of interesting videos. Is it possible to somehow have an addon for it?

What are your thoughts?
I don´t know if it´s possible. The movies are from different sources: Blip, Youtube and Googlevideo among others. But I would love to see this script. Great site i´ve never heard of before.
+1 No good at programming but happy to help wherever I can.
Media Centre: Atom Dual-Core - Nvidia ION - 4GB RAM - 250GB HDD - Blu-Ray - XBMCbuntu 11.0 - ReFocus
Server: FreeNAS 8 - 8x 1TB Seagate Baracuda RAID-Z - SABnzbd - SickBeard - CouchPotato
If someone intends to do this they could either just hook into the existing youtube plugin, or pull the playback code from the existing plugin.

We also have a blip.tv plugin comming, so same goes for that. No google videos though.

Just FYI.
If anyone is curious, I did a quick scrape of all the documentaries available and attempted to parse the video host. The results below aren't perfect but close enough.

Seems it would be possible to get a majority of the videos using existing plugins. I can take a stab at this over the weekend if no one else wants to.

Code:
www.youtube.com 1560
video.google.com 1219
www.megavideo.com 275
video.google.com.au 105
player.vimeo.com 93
www.putlocker.com 39
www.dailymotion.com 38
www.veoh.com 37
stagevu.com 33
www.videobb.com 30
www.peteava.ro 28
www.guba.com 26
vimeo.com 26
media1.nfb.ca 20
video.google.co.uk 17
veehd.com 17
blip.tv 13
download.macromedia.com 12
nl.sevenload.com 11
embed.novamov.com 10
www.disclose.tv 10
www.worldstarhiphop.com 10
www.archive.org 9
joost.com 9
www.220.ro 8
c.gigcount.com 8
mediaservices.myspace.com 7
www.viddler.com 7
www.tudou.com 7
video.google.de 6
www.zshare.net 6
pics.smotri.com 6
embed.videoweed.es 5
static.video.yandex.ru 5
player.youku.com 5
www.liveleak.com 5
www.justin.tv 5
conspiracy-central.org 4
video.google.nl 4
d.yimg.com 4
www.sockshare.com 4
www.ustream.tv 4
en.sevenload.com 3
www.watch-documentaries.com 3
video.google.ca 3
www.uctv.tv 3
www.babelgum.com 3
streamer.divxstage.net 3
www.cultureunplugged.com 3
ikbis.com 3
video.rutube.ru 3
www.vancouversun.com 3
www.vbs.tv 3
www.movshare.net 3
counters.gigya.com 3
player.ku6.com 3
embed.videoweed.com 3
www.vidxden.com 3
clips.team-andro.com 2
video.google.es 2
flv.video.yandex.ru 2
www.linktv.org 2
www.clipfish.de 2
www.novamov.com 2
embed.trilulilu.ro 2
www.vimeo.com 2
video.ted.com 2
www.g4tv.com 2
www.engagemedia.org 1
vkontakte.ru 1
embed.movshare.net 1
Many of those streams can be handled via the urlresolver module

Should be very easy for someone to do, scrape the site for links and pass them thru urlresolver to get the playable links for xbmc
Eldorado Wrote:Many of those streams can be handled via the urlresolver module

Should be very easy for someone to do, scrape the site for links and pass them thru urlresolver to get the playable links for xbmc

Is urlresolver in the official repo? I don't see it.
Could this be incorporated in the TopDocumentaryFilms addon? The addon already works for at least youtube and google video and the website is also similar in concept?
jbel Wrote:I can take a stab at this over the weekend if no one else wants to.

Mate, you would be a bloody legend if you could find the time to give it a go. Like I said, please let me know if theres anything I can do to help. Even a small donation to make it worthwhile?
Media Centre: Atom Dual-Core - Nvidia ION - 4GB RAM - 250GB HDD - Blu-Ray - XBMCbuntu 11.0 - ReFocus
Server: FreeNAS 8 - 8x 1TB Seagate Baracuda RAID-Z - SABnzbd - SickBeard - CouchPotato
TehCrucible Wrote:Mate, you would be a bloody legend if you could find the time to give it a go. Like I said, please let me know if theres anything I can do to help. Even a small donation to make it worthwhile?

I've got most of the work done, give me a few days to test and touch things up. You'll have it soon Smile
jbel Wrote:I've got most of the work done, give me a few days to test and touch things up. You'll have it soon Smile
This will be good to see soon
I have a pre-release version if anyone is interested in testing. It can be found at https://github.com/jbeluch/xbmc-documentary-heaven

Code:
git clone git://github.com/jbeluch/xbmc-documentary-heaven.git

It requires three other addons:
  • plugin.video.youtube
  • plugin.video.vimeo
  • script.module.xbmcswift - Install one of the following plugins which will automatically install xbmcswift: Academic Earth, Khan Academy, Al Jazeera

Currently, it has support for youtube, vimeo and google video documentaries. If you encounter a url that is not playable, please let me know here or via the automatic reporting feature in the plugin. The plugin will post a non-playable video url to a google form when an issue is encountered (after it asks for your consent of course Smile )

I'll need to spend a little more time with this before it is released, but figured I'd put up this pre-release for those who can't wait. Have fun!
Might be nice to save those streams in .strm format. As after all they can be handled by XBMC from the raw URL (in most cases). This way you can scrape them to the library although I do not know wether you should list them under TV shows or Movies. However, it might be worth doing this as you could also write up a scraper (should be very easy looking at the source of te website) so that you end up with a nice browseable list. You could also use genres.
"Dependencies not met"...when i've tried to install from zip file on ATV 2...
Any tip?
Working great on my ATV2.

Did you guys already have the dependencies?
plugin.video.youtube
plugin.video.vimeo
script.module.xbmcswift - (Academic Earth, Khan Academy, Al Jazeera)

I already had youtube and jazeera. Downloaded the zip for vimeo and installed it first. Then installed this one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Documentaryheaven.com Addon0