Can I adjust delay for when NFS folders are offline?
Im currently running xbmc 10.1 under win7 and notice that when one of my NTFS folders are offline I get slight delays running plugins and also just browsing files when entering "videos". For example if I boot up my XBMC HTPC and all my NTFS folders (mapped for TV and Movies) are online I get no delays when running any video plugins or browsing files in "Videos". However if any of my NTFS folders are offline I get a repeated 5-10 sec delay at times runing video plugins or browsing files in "Videos".

Is there a parameter I can modify for advanced settings to shorten the timeout value it seems to use to find if ntfs folders are online?

thanks
Star 
This time delay is used to spin-up the drives to 'online' status... if this time delay is not satisfactory then set the drives to not spin down. Some drives have this as a setting, jumper or in other cases, the O/S looks after that.
PatK Wrote:This time delay is used to spin-up the drives to 'online' status... if this time delay is not satisfactory then set the drives to not spin down. Some drives have this as a setting, jumper or in other cases, the O/S looks after that.

Guess you did'nt understand what Im trying to adjust...Sometimes I do not turn on both my Win7 ntfs servers thus they are OFFLINE. Im looking for a way to lower the timeout value xmbc must be using to search for folders in the database when running video plugins and or just browsing my video directory. I found one for samba timeout (defaults to 10 secs) for advanced settings but yet to find one for win ntfs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I adjust delay for when NFS folders are offline?0