XBMC Backend
Oh, and because it sounded a bit ungrateful, awesome job, I do love what xbmc can do, I just want more! Smile
Well, I'm willing to contribute code if anyone else is willing to help?

Kai.
This is exactly what I'm looking for! Right now I have an PCI Express video card in my Home Server (WHS 2011) so that I can run XBMC just to scrape information and keep my MySQL database up to date. I'd love to be able to install a simple server version of XBMC and be able to transcode movies and music to my iPhone over the net or even to a browser at work.
It would be awesome if the server version could update databases for multiple profiles (for sql and built in databases) aswell
I'm quite new to XBMC but already love it. What a great accomplishment. A great 'thank you' to the developers.
In my ignorance as a simple user I started looking for how to stream to the iPhones and iPad in my household. Reading these forums made me learn about 'transcoding' and the need for it.
So here is my vote Big Grin

Keep up the good work.
+1. I'd really like this as well.

I have a headless "download center" machine and would really like for that to be able to update my shared xbmc data, without the htpc xbmc running.
There is a temp-patch around for this purpose:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t=headless
+1

Would even pay for it. Donating some extra money if it gets done.
Got the same problems as most of you. I got 4 xbmc.
One at the tv.
One on my desktop pc
One on my laptop
One on my girlsfriends pc.

IF you got an extensive dvd collection the updating takes a while. Fix this by using mysql database and it works great but perfectly would be a server application which does the updating because my server is online 24/7 and every minute of waiting for a new dvd to be indexed is a minute to much.

I've used mythtv before xbmc and this was the part that mythtv was better then xbmc. They have a backend and a frontend. Both can be on the same pc but that isn't a requirement. Also the backend could be php only which was another nice thing.
I would kill for something a little easier to use as the backend. Mysql is nice but its a little complex for the average user.
Has there been any updates to this? I am very interested in this as I am putting together a headless fileserver this summer, and would love to have an extremely light weight xbmc program to manage all the shared libraries and handle library update requests from Sickbeard etc such that I don't need to update the library every time I open XBMC on a network connected library with a shared thumbnail database and a shared msql database.
This is my vote, great idea.

I would love to see transcoding and if possible over the internet.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2012-05-05, 09:14)jomanscool2 Wrote: Has there been any updates to this? I am very interested in this as I am putting together a headless fileserver this summer, and would love to have an extremely light weight xbmc program to manage all the shared libraries and handle library update requests from Sickbeard etc such that I don't need to update the library every time I open XBMC on a network connected library with a shared thumbnail database and a shared msql database.

https://github.com/theuni/xbmc/tree/shared-lib

They are working on it. Test it out yourself!

More info at;
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=114612&page=11

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Backend2