How to show fanart also in a custom home entry?
Hello,

Thanks for this skin, I like it a lot.

I have a created a custom section on my home screen.

I labelled it with my daughters name and it leads to a share that I put in favourites.

This share contains all my kids movies. I scraped the share when I added it, and the covers are showing. But not the fanart.

Is there a setting I am missing somewhere?
hmm,

It just leads to the share in file mode. Do NEON support fan art in File Mode? If so, how do I enable it? Do I need to change stuff in some .xml file or should it work by default?

Thanks in advance.

You are better off using a smart playlist for that. I have a smart playlist pointing to my "Kids" directory where I put all there movies. All the fanart works perfectly.

SoBBie
Thanks..

But how do I go about to not have the movies included in the ordinary library when using smart playlist?

I need to put everything in different smart playlists?

One where I list the paths for ordinary movies and one for the kids section?

Feels odd to not use the built in functionality of the library.

I want to seperate the kids movies from ordinary library, create a custom home entry for that, and have them show fanart.

If someone can walk me through that I would be very grateful.

I can create and populate the playlist without a problem. But then all the movies stay in library. If I unassociate the share, the list goes empty..
OK first you need to figure out what you want to see on the HOME page. What I did was use the standard movies section, the HD Movies (built into neon), and a smartlist with the kids movie path in it. I do not try to take out the kids movies from my movie list but I create a separate one for the kids. If this is what you want to do I would try starting here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...rtplaylist

If you get stumped then let us know here or pm me and I will try to help.

Regards,
SoBBie

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to show fanart also in a custom home entry?0