Repositories error 404?
I have an old machine (AMD Athlon XP at 2 GHz with an HIS' Radeon X800 XT PE IceQ II graphic card and 2GB of Ram so the hardware requirements should be ok) who I until recently have used as an htpc with Win XP and an XBMC installment. But since it´s a bit old and runs more smoothly with Linux i reinstalled the machine yesterday. Ubuntu 10.04 Natty Narwhale installed without a hitch and is up to dated (20110720) but then the problems began.

I have followed the installing XBMC for Linux guide with no avail the system just won´t find the repositories. It works fine to add them both in terminal and synaptic but when I update I get a 404 error can't read the repositories.

Any hints?
dharma does not compile for natty so you need something called xbmc unstable ppa, google exactly what I bolded.

essentially you need to install
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties pkg-config -y
add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc

and then prolly need drives and wahtnot but I think this will get you started.
Thanks, that worked like a charm.

Now I have a new problem instead. Starting XBMC is no problem. But as soon as I try to add a library the whole computer goes into total lockdown. I have all my media on a NTSF format hard drive and I just can't add it from XBMC. Is there some extra components which I need to add?
idk if it helps but you can check if you have ntfs-3g installed if not install it, Linux requires that to read from NTFS formatted volumes. If installing that doesnt work idk.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Repositories error 404?0