LCDd/lcdproc & XBMC LCD settings question
Hi Everyone,

I have an Ahanix Media Center 303 case which includes a Samsung VFD and IR board. I've followed the guides in the forum here and I've configured irtrans, LCDd, and lcdproc, and have them all working -- I get generic lcdproc output on the VFD and the remote works great.

Here's my question: where do I enable LCD support in XBMC? From the guide I followed, there appeared to be an LCD option in the Settings/System menu but I do not have one on my system (latest XBMC Live). I've also looked in Video, Appearance, and Skin settings menus as well.

Is the LCD settings menu dependent on something else to appear?

Thanks!
best place to ask would be in IRC freenode #xbmc-linux

thers a /home/urusername/.xbmc/userdata/lcd.xml or something but idk since I dont use it.
I believe you need to edit your guisettings.xml. There's a 'haslcd' setting somewhere which needs to be set to true (search for haslcd on the forums for more info).

Make sure xbmc isn't running when editing guisettings.xml
there's lcd in advancedsettings.xml which you have to create perhaps idk.

Code:
[b] source http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Advancedsettings.xml#.3Clcd.3E
[/b]

[align=left][font=monospace]<lcd>
  <rows>4</rows>                          <!-- Number of rows to use for the LCD. -->
  <columns>20</columns>                   <!-- Number of columns to use for the LCD. -->
  <address1>0</address1>                  <!-- Memory address for row 1. -->
  <address2>20</address2>                 <!-- Memory address for row 2. -->
  <address3>64</address3>                 <!-- Memory address for row 3. -->
  <address4>84</address4>                 <!-- Memory address for row 4. -->
  <heartbeat>true</heartbeat>             <!-- Enables LCDprocs heartbeat symbol. Defaults to false. -->
  <dimonscreensave>true</dimonscreensave> <!-- Turns of the LCD/VFD backlight while screensaving. Defaults to false. -->
  <scrolldelay>2</scrolldelay>            <!-- Delay of the scroller widget. Defaults to 1. -->
  <hostname>host.example.com</hostname>   <!-- Hostname of the lcdproc server. Defaults to localhost. -->
</lcd>[/font]
[/align]

and what BreekBiet said http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=LCD.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LCDd/lcdproc & XBMC LCD settings question0