VUDU streaming, Netflix ?
OK, Vudu supports HTML5, Netflix is suppose to soon. By using the latest Chrome (Daily Dev version) I am able to watch/stream VUDU Moives. I can also play angry birds, another game for the little guy in the house.

Netflix soon, then TV stations, you name it. Our streaming plugins will eventually go away. Now just to integrate Google Chrome into XBMC.

Yes, Vudu now works with Linux, a major step.
I think plugins will be around for awhile. Even if Google Chrome gets into xbmc. Some of us (possibly most) do not have a keyboard but a simple remote. Typing in "www.whatever.com/some/streaming/link" and figuring out how to click the full screen icon/toggle would be ... not as enjoyable.
atari800 Wrote:I think plugins will be around for awhile. Even if Google Chrome gets into xbmc. Some of us (possibly most) do not have a keyboard but a simple remote. Typing in "www.whatever.com/some/streaming/link" and figuring out how to click the full screen icon/toggle would be ... not as enjoyable.

Well, because of the virtual keyboard, many have added mini-keyboards into there setups. Like a Rii mini which works on RF, even TV's now come with keyoards built into the remotes, Boxee box, etc. It's only a matter of time before all the streaming sites move to HTML5 support and the video plugins will go away anyway, it's technoogy in motion.
We shall see. I like my normal remote when I am on the couch.
Qwerty remote is 15' away, on a desk, next to a mouse, and a monitor....

I'd like to see Kinect to be used. Hand gestures controlling media center

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VUDU streaming, Netflix ?0