Xbmc python text to speech support
i'm currently writing a text to speech (t2s) server for windows (i have xp) using ms vb 6.0 ( i also have .net 2003). this server will take in text (in an http post) and convert it to a wav file for playback on xbmc (using sapi 5.1). i'm creating this text to speech server to accomodate python scripts for xbmc that require (or would be improved by) text to speech. such as news readers, and email progrrams or whatever else some intuitive mind might think up. this server will easily be implemented in any python script should the t2s server be running on a local pc. this script will allow (to start...) text to speech playback on the xbox and t2s playback on the pc (script controlled.) i'll have the beta release of t2s server by morning (it's currently 1am 3.12.2005, meaning by 8am same day.)

do you think you could use text to speech in your script?

i plan on implementing a news reader and possibly an email client... ideas are hugely appreciated!
Softmodded
XMBC enthusiast since Dec. 2004
hmm sounds interesting, i'd love to add it to my bloglines script... but the fact that it needs an app running on windows ruins it. i know this can't be done strait in python on xbmc but no everyone runs windows.. i know i dont.... os x desktop and suse media server here...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc python text to speech support0